PDA

View Full Version : upshaw threatens hall of famer....

CuseJetsFan83
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2893714

A Pro Football Hall of Famer who has been one of Gene Upshaw's strongest critics is unhappy with a threatening remark the executive director of the NFL Players Association made about him last week.....

pretty much the debate is over this quote upshaw had....

"A guy like DeLamielleure says the things he said about me, you think I'm going to invite him to dinner? No. I'm going to break his ... damn neck," Upshaw was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

DeLamielleure, perhaps best known as O.J. Simpson's lead blocker on the Bills' famed "Electric Company" offensive line in the early 1970s, said Upshaw's comment has frightened his family.

Earthquake Enyart
06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
You should have heard Ditka talk about Upshaw on the radio here the other day. Ditka called him a crook that should be investigated for taking illegal loans from the Union.

OpIv37
06-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Someone should kick Gene Upshaw in the nuts.

OpIv37
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
You should have heard Ditka talk about Upshaw on the radio here the other day. Ditka called him a crook that should be investigated for taking illegal loans from the Union.

a crooked union head? Nooo..... that can't be!

CuseJetsFan83

i know plenty of players that dont like upshaw..... and before he basically lost his mind, one of his biggest critics was john mackey... the same john mackey that is being used as a trophy for that new NFL retired players need fund....

CuseJetsFan83
i really wonder who would have to call for an investigation.... someone from in the union, or the commish?

OpIv37
06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
i really wonder who would have to call for an investigation.... someone from in the union, or the commish?

the FBI, most likely. This would be an inter-state investigation.

CuseJetsFan83
06-05-2007, 02:54 PM
the FBI, most likely. This would be an inter-state investigation.

ive never liked upshaw... but i really hope if this is true, his ass is banished

Earthquake Enyart
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Ditka said there would be congressional hearings.

CuseJetsFan83
06-05-2007, 03:00 PM
and the part i love is how at the end of the story they talk about how upshaw is one of the people that are very fond of the new conduct policy.......... since he doesn't play, and say they dont find anything wrong..... what would be an appropriate suspension?

months, years, life?

Earthquake Enyart
06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Almost all former players have lingering injuries that become "preexisting conditions" at new places of employment. John Jurkovich is on the radio here and he talks about needing ankle surgery that his new employers (ESPN) won't pay for.

G. Host
06-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Pre-existing clauses are quote common in insurance contracts.