PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys fed up with Walker?

Route36West
06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Eagles fan here. Just wanted to see what your thoughts were on the whole Walker situation. Has he burned any bridges yet with you fans for holding out? Do you still want him to stay in Buffalo or would you just prefer he comes back to the Eagles at this point?

The last buffalo fan
06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't like him, he is a regular player to me. Do you like this guy, is he any good, something that we should know?.

Route36West
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I said back when we first made the trade that Walker will have a stretch of like 3 or 4 games where he just tears up the field, and he'll have like 5 or 6 sacks in 3 or 4 games. But then he'll disappear for the rest of the season and he'll be on his back on a lot of running plays.

He is a classy guy, so I don't know why he is acting like this over his contract.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2007, 05:59 PM
He wants, and probably deserves - based on his productivity - more money. It's the nature of the beast. I'm not sick of him at all.

The last buffalo fan
06-05-2007, 06:09 PM
sorry but this is another story, we are not the eagles, he has/had a contract, and he needs to prove us that he deserves that money. An eagle fan is telling us that the guy can play a good (not a great) football, but can disappear at times. I'm not too excited to give or show this guy da money just yet.

FlyingDutchman
06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I cant make up my mind on him yet, but after he said he was excited to come here and get down to biz, and now hes pulling this crap, hes not making many friends in a great blue collar area.

DraftBoy
06-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Im not upset with him, Im upset with our stupid front office, for the return clause they put in this deal.

Devin
06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah Im with DB while the trade itself wasnt bad, that clause was pretty stupid imo.

OpIv37
06-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Eagles fan here. Just wanted to see what your thoughts were on the whole Walker situation. Has he burned any bridges yet with you fans for holding out? Do you still want him to stay in Buffalo or would you just prefer he comes back to the Eagles at this point?

I'm pissed at our FO for making a deal with such ridiculous terms. As far as Walker, I find the situation frustrating but we desperately need DT help, so if he gets a deal done and shows up on Sunday, all of this garbage will be forgiven.

BTW Good luck with Takeo- he was my favorite player here and has unmatched intensity, but he hasn't returned to form since his injury.

YardRat
06-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I'd like to know the real deal behind his expectations of a new contract and what it might amount to. Did it come from the Eagles, the Bills, or his agent?

I'm not real keen on the clause either, and would prefer to see things worked out for the benefit of all sides.

Confused
06-05-2007, 09:29 PM
We kinda need him at this point. mcargo is basically a rookie. pay him. I feel we re backed into a corner here. it sux arse, but poo like this happenss alot in the nfl. Dumb,dumb, move by OBD for the return B.S.

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I try to not even think about him anymore.

He aint signing with Buffalo. He's going back to Philly and then wherever and that's the way it will end up being.

He wants better money.. We aint gonna pay him better money. At this point i'm hoping we sign Rayburn or even that bum Clancy.

It was a stupid trade by Marv Levy to dump Spikes in March for a 6th rounder in 2008 and there's nothing more to really say about it.

RockStar36
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm not sick of him. I am slightly upset about him holding out already however if the Bills made the trade knowing that they had to re-work his contract then most of my anger would be directed towards the front office.

SABURZFAN
06-06-2007, 01:33 AM

he opens the doors for complete ridiculing.he blows smoke up our ass about how happy he is about being here and then ends up being a contract problem.i'll take a draft pick and you can have the dumb sonofa***** back.

ddaryl
06-06-2007, 06:11 AM
I never have respect for hold out players....

You can have Walker back.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Unlike most fans I try not to be upset with a player trying to get as much money as he can. I have no problem with him yet, but if it comes to him going back to the Eagles I will fully understand that the Bills really wanted to get rid of Spikes because his best days are behind him.

Saratoga Slim
06-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I try to not even think about him anymore.

He aint signing with Buffalo. He's going back to Philly and then wherever and that's the way it will end up being.

He wants better money.. We aint gonna pay him better money. At this point i'm hoping we sign Rayburn or even that bum Clancy.

It was a stupid trade by Marv Levy to dump Spikes in March for a 6th rounder in 2008 and there's nothing more to really say about it.

I guess I am not quite sure how the 6th round pick escape clause works.

If Walker automatically goes back to Philly if he doesn't report to camp, leaving us with a 6th rounder, then our FO is a bunch of assclowns. That puts Walker 100% in the driver's seat. Either we pay him a lot, or he gets to go back to a team that'll most likely be a playoff contender.

If we have the OPTION of taking Philly's 2006 6th round pick if Walker doesn't report, then I think it was well negotiated by the FO. That means we're intending to work something out, but got ourselves a hedge--albeit not a very attractive one--in case Walker won't agree to reasonable terms.

Is anyone SURE they know how the deal works? If so please fill me in.

ddaryl
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
^^^

We get Philly's 6th rd pick in Walker isn't here by Aug 5 or 6th I do believe.

Basically if we can't sign him to a deal were happy about we send him baqck to Philly and take the 6th

Saratoga Slim
06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
^^^

We get Philly's 6th rd pick in Walker isn't here by Aug 5 or 6th I do believe.

Basically if we can't sign him to a deal were happy about we send him baqck to Philly and take the 6th

Like I said, if it's our OPTION to keep him or send him back in return for a 6th, that's pretty good work by the FO. Granted, having general terms in place with the guy prior to the trade would've been better, but that's not really that uncommon a situation in the trade business. For instance, took the broncos quite a while to work things out with Dre Bly.