PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins get Green

camelcowboy
06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6890434?MSNHPHMA

its about time, really sick of hearing about it.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6890434?MSNHPHMA

its about time, really sick of hearing about it.

You're sick of hearing about it?!

camelcowboy
06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
You're sick of hearing about it?! cool, i have a echo :up:

Philagape
06-05-2007, 06:29 PM
:fogey:

camelcowboy
06-05-2007, 06:31 PM
:fogey:if they don't improve that line they he's in trouble.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
cool, i have a echo :up:

Your echo asks you questions???

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 06:41 PM
if they don't improve that line they he's in trouble.

You could say the same about JP.

FlyingDutchman
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I know we have had our share of QB woes since the Kelly era, but why is Miami so stuck on getting QBs who were either back ups, overrated, or injured? I still cant believe they passed on Quinn.

Romes
06-05-2007, 06:43 PM

You're just upset cause your precious Daunte is gonna sit/be cut now.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 06:56 PM
You're just upset cause your precious Daunte is gonna sit/be cut now.

I am?

DraftBoy
06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Gave up a pick in the 5th, thats up 2 rounds from what they were intially offering. We'll see if Green even sees the field.

Elminster
06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Forgive me, but this excites me as much as paint drying, because it don't change the fact the 'Phish are gonna get SWEEPED!:squish:

camelcowboy
06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Your echo asks you questions??? you asked if i was sick of the green talk, when i just stated i was sick of the green talk. sounds like a echo.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Forgive me, but this excites me as much as paint drying, because it don't change the fact the 'Phish are gonna get SWEEPED!:squish:
gOOdS EMLISH,

camelcowboy
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
You could say the same about JP. You could say the same for brady or any qb, are you really comfortable with your o-line?

im4bflo
06-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Ms Green, meet Mr SCHOBEL :squish:

gil
06-05-2007, 07:20 PM
they'll be calling for Beck (edited from Kolb) by week 7...

Devin
06-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Green will be a solid mentor to Beck not a bad move imo.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
you asked if i was sick of the green talk, when i just stated i was sick of the green talk. sounds like a echo.

It was a rhetorical question!

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 07:26 PM
You could say the same for brady or any qb, are you really comfortable with your o-line?

As comfotable as you are with yours.

Devin
06-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Chill out fellas.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Green will be a solid mentor to Beck not a bad move imo.

I agree if thats the reason for adding him, him starting? I'll just wait and see.

Devin
06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Honestly I still think Green is an above average starter. He wont be a pro-bowler or anything but he (at least imo) isnt a bad option at all.

!Papacrunk!
06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Honestly I still think Green is an above average starter. He wont be a pro-bowler or anything but he (at least imo) isnt a bad option at all.

I completely agree. Don't get me wrong, I wish it was 27 Green not soon to be 37 Green, but hopefully he'll make a great mentor for Lemon and especially Beck. I realize he's not going to be a world beater ,but if he can be at least solid then it's cool by me.

It's also very refreshing that outside of Porter, we've added more and more people with upstanding character and I'm very glad that Green will bring not only that but (from what I've read) great leadership as well. He seems to be one of the few good guys left in the league.

Devin
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Ive always liked Green, stand up guy. If Beck turns out to be "The Guy" in Miami they picked a fine mentor for him.

As a Bills fan id love to see him fail, but Greens a good guy and a solid vet QB so while I dont think hes gonne guide the fins to the promised land or anything he certainly makes them better.

camelcowboy
Chill out fellas. It's cool dev, this is calm for a conversation between me and FTP. i have no prob with him.

feelthepain

I think he use to be. I think he's an upgrade over Harrington, but I don't think he should just be given the starting job in Miami. IMO, it would be in Miami's best interest to see where Daunte is, before they do anything with him, in regards to a release or Trade.

Devin
06-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I think he use to be. I think he's an upgrade over Harrington, but I don't think he should just be given the starting job in Miami. It would be in Miami's best interest to see where Daunte is, before they do anything with him, in regards to a release or Trade.

Absolutley. While I think Green will win it I am sure thats what they intend to do. It will be interesting to see how all that plays out.

Romes
06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I am?

you're not?

!Papacrunk!
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM
With some Miami QB talk, I don't think this Cleo article warrants a whole new thread especially on a Bills site but that RealFootball365 had a pretty good article on Cleo Lemon. He may be forever a backup QB but he seems to be a bit intriguing, then again so was Ray Lucas at one point.

CLEO LEMON/REALFOOTBALL365 (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/06/dolphins-cleolemon-darkhorse050607.html)

Granted, most career backups fail to attain starter status for a good reason: because they're simply not talented enough to take the field on a consistent basis. It's also obvious that unheralded diamonds in the rough like Bulger, Brady and Green are the exception and not the rule. That being said, Lemon was actually fairly impressive when given an opportunity to play.
His lone start of the season against the Colts was mediocre at best, but it was his Week 16 showing against the <a class="articlelinks" href="http://jets.realfootball365.com/"><acronym title="New York Jets News">New York Jets</acronym> that offers up reasons for optimism. In that game, the 6-foot-2, 215-pound Lemon completed 11-of-16 passes for 104 yards and a touchdown. He generated 10 points in the final 15 minutes of that contest, coming close to engineering an improbable fourth-quarter comeback. The Dolphins ended up on the losing end of a 13-10 decision, but Lemon's poise and his lofty 107.3 quarterback rating left a lasting impression

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
you're not?

It's beyond my control. I like Daunte, I want him to stay, but there isn't anything I can do about it, so why should I get upset about something I can't control??

Goobylal
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
The problem for Green is that he won't be playing behind the Chef's O-line, much less with guys like Holmes/Johnson and Gonzalez, while I'd submit that the Dols' WR's are at best slightly better than the Chefs'. And having your HC also be your OC is a recipe for disaster.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Absolutley. While I think Green will win it I am sure thats what they intend to do. It will be interesting to see how all that plays out.

Well whatever happens , happens. I still think Daunte is going to return to his previous form. Just because the injury needed a long recovery time, doesn't mean it's an injury you can't return from. Sugical technology is far more advanced these days then it was just 5 years ago. Daunte will be fine, will he remain a Dolphin? Tough to say, but of the two QB's, Daunte's got by far the brighter future.

Goobylal
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Culpepper's "previous form" at best could be described as relying heavily on Randy Moss, taking 3 sacks a game, throwing an INT a game and fumbling once a game. With the knee injury and still no Moss (or anything close to him), that's not going to get any better.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Sucks for the Dolphins.

Illmatic15
06-05-2007, 08:36 PM
LOL Green coming in to groom Beck and give him the keys to the franchise, when he will be 30 years old!!!

SABURZFAN
06-05-2007, 08:45 PM

JP will have a better year than Grandpa Green.he'll have more wins too.

SABURZFAN
06-05-2007, 08:47 PM

just another QB that our defense will have have to cripple.just like we did with culpepper last year. :up:

YardRat
06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Good move for Miami. Green is better than Daunte, IMO, all-around. I still like Beck.

HHURRICANE
06-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I think this is a non-event. Green is better than Culpepper but he's going to have a long season on this team. If Beck is their future than the sooner they get him on the field the better. I really don't see more than 6 wins for Miami.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I think this is a non-event. Green is better than Culpepper but he's going to have a long season on this team. If Beck is their future than the sooner they get him on the field the better. I really don't see more than 6 wins for Miami.

But you see more wins for a Bills team with no defense and an uproven offense?? With the schedule your have this year?? Interesting.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
JP will have a better year than Grandpa Green.he'll have more wins too.
You're not drunk are you?

!Papacrunk!
06-05-2007, 09:11 PM
The problem for Green is that he won't be playing behind the Chef's O-line, much less with guys like Holmes/Johnson and Gonzalez, while I'd submit that the Dols' WR's are at best slightly better than the Chefs'. And having your HC also be your OC is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not going to say that their is an extreme confidence in our line at this moment, but the Chiefs haven't had their all star line in a couple of years or more either. The Chiefs line had been so good in the past that their line gets to coast on their reputation for a while.

!Papacrunk!
06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
But you see more wins for a Bills team with no defense and an uproven offense?? With the schedule your have this year?? Interesting.
ok man, we get it, it seems like there's a rehashing of the same points that have already been made. Chill brudda!

Mr. Miyagi
06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
I have nothing against Trent Green, in fact I've always thought he's a pretty good QB. I even had him for my fantasy league last year (:ill:). So I'm not going to be a homer and say how much he sucks and everything because he doesn't. But I would worry about the OL protection for him though. He's definitely an upgrade over Lemon and an injured Culpepper.

Goobylal
06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm not going to say that their is an extreme confidence in our line at this moment, but the Chiefs haven't had their all star line in a couple of years or more either. The Chiefs line had been so good in the past that their line gets to coast on their reputation for a while.
Prior to last year, the Chefs' O-line was top-notch. With the sudden retirement (last year) of Roaf and Welbourn, it took a huge hit.

TigerJ
06-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I think there remain a lot of ifs for Miami at the QB position. I think the odds are Green will end up as starter at least at the start of the year, but I don't know how helpful he will be to their offensive production. Can he make a comeback from last year when he threw more interceptions than touchdowns and was injured part of the year. Maybe, but at 37 behind a suspect line it won't be easy. I don't think Lemon will start unless he can absolutely convince the Miami coaching staff that he can be better than Beck long term. I think if Lemon can't do that, Miami's plan will be to get Beck ready to start just as fast as they can and let Green play as a caretaker QB, giving way to Beck by midseason or so unless Green proves he can win games for them. In any case, I'm glad the Bills are where they are, knowing who their starter is and able to concentrate on helping him get better.

Confused
06-05-2007, 09:40 PM
:punk: :punk: Green will think of his last concussion as a love-tapwhen Schoebel gets ahold him. BILLS SWEEP MIAMI 2-0 IN '07:punk:

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I think its a good move for Miami.

IF your a Miami fan, look at what they had last year.. Green can't be any worse than Culpepper or Harrington.

Dont forget, Green is a guy who was a Pro Bowler as recently as 2005. He's not a great QB in this league, but he's pretty damn solid.

He will be a good short-term solution at QB for Miami, while it buys time for Beck to learn the NFL rather than be just tossed in too soon.

I'm not just saying this because I hate Miami, but I really dont think it matters much.. They are simply not a good football team right now and Green won't change that. BUt I think Green is an excellent pickup for them. He should work well with Cameron and at worst they should have better QB play than last year; which isn't saying much.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I think its a good move for Miami.

IF your a Miami fan, look at what they had last year.. Green can't be any worse than Culpepper or Harrington.

Dont forget, Green is a guy who was a Pro Bowler as recently as 2005. He's not a great QB in this league, but he's pretty damn solid.

He will be a good short-term solution at QB for Miami, while it buys time for Beck to learn the NFL rather than be just tossed in too soon.

I'm not just saying this because I hate Miami, but I really dont think it matters much.. They are simply not a good football team right now and Green won't change that. BUt I think Green is an excellent pickup for them. He should work well with Cameron and at worst they should have better QB play than last year; which isn't saying much.
He also had those no-bodies Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes. But who are they.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 09:49 PM
ok man, we get it, it seems like there's a rehashing of the same points that have already been made. Chill brudda!
And this time last year STD was talking about how great Culpepper was and how he is a top three QB blah blah blah.

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 09:53 PM
He also had those no-bodies Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes. But who are they.
Where does the logic in your posts come from?

If a player has good players around him, that means he's not a real Pro Bowler?

Is Reggie Wayne a Pro Bowler only because he has those "no-bodies" like Manning and Harrison around him?

Is Tommie Harris a Pro Bowl DT only because of Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs?

I already know Adalius Thomas is a nothing because he played with Ray Lewis, and now he's a Patriot.

Being a Bills fan is great. Being 100% biased is stupid. You look at Miami's QB play last year, and picking up Green right now was a great move for their franchise.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 09:56 PM

Sorta how I feel about reading the same commnets form Bill fans everyday.

Dr. Lecter
06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Green is a good QB. I am not sure if he will be OK behind the O-line. as he is not very mobile but he is a good, smart QB to mentor Beck for one or two years.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 10:09 PM

I sure wish I knew what the Bills have done to prove their any better this year then they were last year. Cause you see the Dolphins as bad team, but you see the Bills as an improved team. What did your FO do to improve your Defense? Add a rookie MLB and lose three starters? What did you FO to improve your offense? Add Dockery and a swap a starting TB for a rookie TB??

It would be nice if you wouldn't consider minimal moves and in some areas a steps backwards by the Bills huge upgrades and and a ton of moves by the Dolphins as no moves or upgrades at all. I would love to know where you think the Dolphins are worse this year then they were last year? Then I'll tell you where we're better.

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
I sure wish I knew what the Bills have done to prove their any better this year then they were last year. Cause you see the Dolphins as bad team, but you see the Bills as an improved team. What did your FO do to improve your Defense? Add a rookie MLB and lose three starters? What did you FO to improve your offense? Add Dockery and a swap a starting TB for a rookie TB??

It would be nice if you wouldn't consider minimal moves and in some areas a steps backwards by the Bills huge upgrades and and a ton of moves by the Dolphins as no moves or upgrades at all. I would love to know where you think the Dolphins are worse this year then they were last year? Then I'll tell you where we're better.
Where did I say the Bills were a BETTER team than they were last year?

I've said numerous times on here recently that I see them winning 5-6 games. Does that sound like a better team to you?

And I'll tell you PLENTY of reasons why the Dolpins are worse this year than last.. Starting with the fact that precious few good players you have on defense are a year older.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Sorta how I feel about reading the same commnets form Bill fans everyday.
Trust me, no one would miss you if you suddenly vanished one day.

feelthepain
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Where did I say the Bills were a BETTER team than they were last year?

I've said numerous times on here recently that I see them winning 5-6 games. Does that sound like a better team to you?

And I'll tell you PLENTY of reasons why the Dolpins are worse this year than last.. Starting with the fact that precious few good players you have on defense are a year older.

That right there says all that needs to be said by a Bill fan. "Precious few good players", on our 4th ranked D?! We had the 8th best rushing defense and the 4th best passing defense, yet somehow we manage to have prcious few good players on our defense, it's not like we had much help from our offense last year. Unreal. If you think our Defense is that bad I won't even ask about the offense. Funny stuff bro....really.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
That right there says all that needs to be said by a Bill fan. Precious few good players on our 4th ranked D! We had the 8th best rushing defense and the 4th best passing defense, yet somehow we mange to have prcious few good players on our defense, it's not like we had much help from our offense last year. Unreal. If you think our Defense is that bad I won't even ask about the offense. Funny stuff bro....really.
Your forth ranked D that couldn't stop our near last Offense!

Our Defense was ranked number two two years in a row and our ST's were number one.

LtFinFan66
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Green will be a solid mentor to Beck not a bad move imo.At least one Bills fan can see the big picture

Devin
06-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Gr8 chill out.

Keep this thread on topic guys.

LtFinFan66
06-05-2007, 11:00 PM
He also had those no-bodies Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes. But who are they.Do they throw the ball for him??

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Do they throw the ball for him??
No but Tony Gonzalez (another one of the best at his position) sure does catch a lot of his thrown balls. Ronnie Brown (leaning towards bust is no Holmes or Johnson, and I can't even name your TE now that McM is gone. so who do the Dolphins have on Offense that's going to give Green what he had in KC? And don't even attempt to say your OL is anywhere near the OL he had in '05.

I'm not saying it's not a good move. I'm just saying that any QB Miami brings in is an instant upgrade to what they have now.

LtFinFan66
06-05-2007, 11:11 PM
I would like to hear your basis for Ronnie leaning towards being a bust??

McMike could not catch a cold the last couple years(overrated a bit)

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I would like to hear your basis for Ronnie leaning towards being a bust??

McMike could not catch a cold the last couple years(overrated a bit)
You think he has played like a number two overall pick? All nine of his TD's in his first two years? And yardage wise over two years I mean come on, McGahee rushed for more yards than he did.

LtFinFan66
06-05-2007, 11:21 PM
You think he has played like a number two overall pick? All nine of his TD's in his first two years? And yardage wise over two years I mean come on, McGahee rushed for more yards than he did.The McGahee comment just took away all your credibility. Sorry!

Brown

2005: 4.4 ypc, 907 yards. Shared carries with Ricky
2006: 4.2 ypc, 1008 yards (more than WM in less games)

Willis:

2005:3.8 ypc(hmmm) ton more carries than RB thus more yards (not sharing with Ricky)

2006: 3.8 ypc(hmmm) Less yards than RB.

Yes you are right. WM ran for more yards those two years than RB. My stats show that argument to be moot!

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 11:23 PM
At least one Bills fan can see the big picture
I see the big picture.

I said it was a solid move too. If I was a Miami fan I'd be very happy.

He's an upgrade over last year.. He's a good short term solution and he'll be a good mentor for Beck for the long haul.

I think a 5th rounder was a great deal for Miami.

evol4276
06-05-2007, 11:23 PM
the dolphins offense isnt as different from the chiefs as you all make it out.. remember the chiefs dont have too great of an offense outside of the rb and te. i mean they do still have chambers who im my mind is a threat (when actually thrown to), brown who most definately is not a bust, and now Green. The rest of the weapons on the offense is not much different than what KC was (if u switch Gonzalez with Chambers) since both teams have kind of weak play at wr, or a little less than a lot of other teams, a good/decent rb, and now the same qb who played pretty well with an offense that pretty much only had/has holmes, johnson, and gonzalez on offense. Not much different in my eyes, just the offensive line is a lot different in strength. To me I am a lot more worried about Green than I was Culpepper, because I know and have seen that Green can play great. Just depends on if the line doesn't let him get killed, and if his concussion hurts him at all.

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 11:25 PM
The McGahee comment just took away all your credibility. Sorry!

Brown

Willis:

2005:3.8 ypc(hmmm) ton more carries than RB thus more yards (not sharing with Ricky)

Yes you are right. WM ran for more yards those two years than RB. My stats show that argument to be moot!

Forget the stats.

Willis has been a dissapointment because he's flat out overated.

Brown has been a dissapointment because he's had a mess blocking in front of him and no QB to back defenses off.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
The McGahee comment just took away all your credibility. Sorry!

Brown

Willis:

McGahee had 259 carries last year. Brown had 241.

In '05 Brown had significantly less carries but still, 9 TD's over two years? I guess if you're happy with mediocrity.

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Forget the stats.

Willis has been a dissapointment because he's flat out overated.

Brown has been a dissapointment because he's had a mess blocking in front of him and no QB to back defenses off.
Funny, that's what all the "experts" say McGahee was lacking in Buffalo. hmmmm....

camelcowboy
06-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Funny, that's what all the "experts" say McGahee was lacking in Buffalo. hmmmm.... Miami and buffalo have pretty much ignored the lines since the Kelly and Marino era. I think the bills got the message, hopefully the made the right moves with Dockery and Walker, but i just don't feel like miami really has addressed the issue yet. Green, Ginn are fine but whose going to block for them?

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Miami and buffalo have pretty much ignored the lines since the Kelly and Marino era. I think the bills got the message, hopefully the made the right moves with Dockery and Walker, but i just don't feel like miami really has addressed the issue yet. Green, Ginn are fine but whose going to block for them?
And hey before this off-season I would have said the same thing about our OL that I'm saying about Miami's right now.

I'm just as critical about the Bills as anyone.

camelcowboy
06-05-2007, 11:44 PM
And hey before this off-season I would have said the same thing about our OL that I'm saying about Miami's right now.

I'm just as critical about the Bills as anyone. I agree, the bills made the effort now all we can do is hope it pans out. Miami imo offense is going to have a rough go of it with the line as it is, but if they line gels or in a year they address it the miami offense has the potential to really piss me off for the next few years. I like the Green signing, i just think he'll be killed behind their line.

LtFinFan66
06-05-2007, 11:49 PM
How many sacks did our poor line give up last year once Dante was replaced? Trent can roll out as Joey did and make better decesions. Just my opinion though. I am not saying our line is good nor are they as bad as some make them out to be:idunno:

LtFinFan66
06-05-2007, 11:54 PM
How many sacks did our poor line give up last year once Dante was replaced? Trent can roll out as Joey did and make better decesions. Just my opinion though. I am not saying our line is good nor are they as bad as some make them out to be:idunno:20 in the last 12 games in case you were wondering. Not that bad IMO

Losman was sacked 47 times.....Dolphin QB's 41 times. 21 on Pep in 4 games. They were not as bad as you make it seem. JP is much more mobile. I know you guys seemingly made upgrades so we will see

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
I see the big picture.

I said it was a solid move too. If I was a Miami fan I'd be very happy.

He's an upgrade over last year.. He's a good short term solution and he'll be a good mentor for Beck for the long haul.

I think a 5th rounder was a great deal for Miami.

It could escalate to a 4th! I think that's a bit much for Green. If however he plays above avg and we land a wildcard berth with his help, a 4th would be a fair price IMO.

patmoran2006
06-06-2007, 12:07 AM
It could escalate to a 4th! I think that's a bit much for Green. If however he plays above avg and we land a wildcard berth with his help, a 4th would be a fair price IMO.
To have a solid vet that's a team player and will help groom a young QB like Beck for the long term future is worth a 4th rounder alone.

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 12:07 AM
the dolphins offense isnt as different from the chiefs as you all make it out.. remember the chiefs dont have too great of an offense outside of the rb and te. i mean they do still have chambers who im my mind is a threat (when actually thrown to), brown who most definately is not a bust, and now Green. The rest of the weapons on the offense is not much different than what KC was (if u switch Gonzalez with Chambers) since both teams have kind of weak play at wr, or a little less than a lot of other teams, a good/decent rb, and now the same qb who played pretty well with an offense that pretty much only had/has holmes, johnson, and gonzalez on offense. Not much different in my eyes, just the offensive line is a lot different in strength. To me I am a lot more worried about Green than I was Culpepper, because I know and have seen that Green can play great. Just depends on if the line doesn't let him get killed, and if his concussion hurts him at all.

Miami's biggest problems over the last six years is less the QB then it is the systems they've run on offense. This is evident by the one season (05) we had Scott Linehan. We ended the 05 season on a 6 game winning streak. Our talent isn't the problem, it's the ultra consevative offense we've run the past 5 out of 6 years. Cam will change this, he's our biggest upgrade this year and we will move the ball this year guaranteed!

Mitchy moo
06-06-2007, 12:12 AM
20 in the last 12 games in case you were wondering. Not that bad IMO

Losman was sacked 47 times.....Dolphin QB's 41 times. 21 on Pep in 4 games. They were not as bad as you make it seem. JP is much more mobile. I know you guys seemingly made upgrades so we will see

There are other variables LT, we also have 2 rookie RB's with minimal wear we can run all day, a potentially better no huddle option and Everett seems to be in the best shape of his life (we haven't had a good TE since P. Metz), JP has another year under his belt and the O-line added alot of beef that can move. I think it translates into keeping our Offense on the field longer which wears down our opponents and allows for our D to rest.

After all of that been said, I think we need a little more help on the Defensive side of the ball. All in all I think we have a good shot at adding some wins this year, maybe even pulling a few bigger games out and keeping ourselves respectable all season.

If our D comes along and plays sharp most of this season, we really can make the playoffs. If you force you opponents into passing situations all game, it always makes a D look better. I hope we score early and often and make teams chase, that's what will do it.:respect:

Mitchy moo
06-06-2007, 12:13 AM
20 in the last 12 games in case you were wondering. Not that bad IMO

There are other variables LT, we also have 2 rookie RB's with minimal wear we can run all day, a potentially better no huddle option, Everett seems to be in the best shape of his life (we haven't had a good TE since P. Metz), JP has another year under his belt and the O-line added alot of beef that can move. I think it translates into keeping our Offense on the field longer which wears down our opponents and allows for our D to rest.

After all of that been said, I think we need a little more help on the Defensive side of the ball. All in all I think we have a good shot at adding some wins this year, maybe even pulling a few bigger games out and keeping ourselves respectable all season.

If our D comes along and plays sharp most of this season, we really can make the playoffs. If you force you opponents into passing situations all game, it always makes a D look better. I hope we score early and often and make teams chase, that's what will do it.:respect:

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 12:18 AM
To have a solid vet that's a team player and will help groom a young QB like Beck for the long term future is worth a 4th rounder alone.

Normally I might agree with this, but I think Daunte is an experienced enough QB that he could help beck aswell, lets also not forget Cam is one of the best QB coaches in the league. He took a turnover machine in Drew Brees and made him a probowler and he made Philip Rivers into 14 game winner and a probowler in his first season as starting QB. I do agree Green could help in the development of Beck, but we have that on the team already. My hope is that Green was brought in to push Daunte. If Daunte is healthy and beats out Green for the starting spot, that would be the best the Dolphins could hope for, if Daunte isn't healthy or doesn't grasp the system Green is the perfect solution. We sahll see.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
If Daunte is healthy and beats out Green for the starting spot, that would be the best the Dolphins could hope for.

This is like 2 turds in the toilet bowl, each one trying to make it down the hole first to the sewer but either way the winner is a piece of ****.

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Come on now Skooby!!

Mitchy moo
06-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Come on now Skooby!!

I'm joking, it's the first thing that pooped into my head (sory on the sp). How much rain did you get from that TS?? Only 2 inches down here & lake O is empty.

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Could not tell you. I am in Iraq

evol4276
06-06-2007, 02:02 AM
Miami's biggest problems over the last six years is less the QB then it is the systems they've run on offense. This is evident by the one season (05) we had Scott Linehan. We ended the 05 season on a 6 game winning streak. Our talent isn't the problem, it's the ultra consevative offense we've run the past 5 out of 6 years. Cam will change this, he's our biggest upgrade this year and we will move the ball this year guaranteed! ill take that. to be honest my opinion is only an outsider view of them for the past few years.. i had a close friend who loves the dolphins which is where I am even familiar with some.. i try to stay out of the dolphin topics tho for that haha. i do know you guys have the talent in chambers and brown. it just was a shame to see chambers barely used (i didnt get to see any of their games except the first of the year, so it culd be something i dont know) but ive seen time and time again (gamecast anyways) where he wasnt thrown to at all. I bit it on FF last year haha.. yea well. chambers will always scare me. especially with trent who knows how to throw the ball. instead of fighting about it it is sometimes alright to see who your rivals' best weapons are and to see who we should be worried about instead of thinking we are better than everyone.

jmb1099
06-06-2007, 06:28 AM
Trent Green is a very decent pick up and well worth the 5th round pic. Unless a miracle happens and Culpepper is suddenly healed, Green will start. For Fin fans that's not a bad thing, he will make smart decisions with the ball and find find ways to get it into the hands of your playmakers.
His age is a factor, his concussions are a factor.

The Miami D is another year old, but if they buy into Cameron's plan then they could play with some intensity and passion for another year maybe 2. If the vets on the team smell even for a minute that this is still a rebuilding era, or that the coach is incompetant like Saban was (which I doubt) than they are don before the season even starts. All I know is that the addition of Green can only help the situation.

gr8slayer
06-06-2007, 07:03 AM
How many sacks did our poor line give up last year once Dante was replaced? Trent can roll out as Joey did and make better decesions. Just my opinion though. I am not saying our line is good nor are they as bad as some make them out to be:idunno:
I don't know if I would want my 37 year old QB with two horrible knees getting baptized while trying to roll out. He needs to stay in the pocket. Also remember that once you get a concussion it's easier to get number two, three, four, five...................

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 07:12 AM
ill take that. to be honest my opinion is only an outsider view of them for the past few years.. i had a close friend who loves the dolphins which is where I am even familiar with some.. i try to stay out of the dolphin topics tho for that haha. i do know you guys have the talent in chambers and brown. it just was a shame to see chambers barely used (i didnt get to see any of their games except the first of the year, so it culd be something i dont know) but ive seen time and time again (gamecast anyways) where he wasnt thrown to at all. I bit it on FF last year haha.. yea well. chambers will always scare me. especially with trent who knows how to throw the ball. instead of fighting about it it is sometimes alright to see who your rivals' best weapons are and to see who we should be worried about instead of thinking we are better than everyone.

We shall see what happens, I think Miami made a whole lotta good changes to their offense. Cam's offensive schemes are proven, the "Air Coryell" system is quite effective when run properly. At the very least we won't be boring or predictable anymore.

Dr. Lecter
06-06-2007, 07:35 AM
We shall see what happens, I think Miami made a whole lotta good changes to their offense. Cam's offensive schemes are proven, the "Air Coryell" system is quite effective when run properly. At the very least we won't be boring or predictable anymore.

I agree that the system can work well, neither of our teams have the talent to run it. We both have one good WR and no TE with receiving skills.

Miami would be better off focusing the offense on Ronnie Brown, imo. Trying to be a passing team is a recipe for disaster.

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 07:48 AM
I agree that the system can work well, neither of our teams have the talent to run it. We both have one good WR and no TE with receiving skills.

Miami would be better off focusing the offense on Ronnie Brown, imo. Trying to be a passing team is a recipe for disaster.

I don't think you'll see an all out air assult from the Dolphins, but you will see a more effective passing game. One where the WR's will be open more consistently. It will be the only way to free up the LOS and making the run much more effective. I see Miami's passing game a strength for them this year, not a weakness. All we need is more offensive balance to imporve.

Dr. Lecter
06-06-2007, 07:51 AM
I agree that will help, but unless Chambers becomes more consistent and a # 2 (and maybe even #3 with Welker gone) option develops they will still have problems. Ginn should help, but he also might need a year or two to develop as an every down threat on offense.

And they need a TE. McMike had been crap for a year or two (most of the time). I love Ronnie Brown, but the passing game might struggle even with Green.

Elminster
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I honestly can't see much coming from this. He was a good QB, now he's mediocre to below-average. He's being put into what is undeniable not a very good offense. I doubt he's going to inspire some sort of rebirth and turn Bennie Anderson into some sort of monstrous blocker...or anyone of the cast-offs that make up that line, for that matter. I see it as mostly a PR move, saying, "Hey, look, we DO have an experienced QB who wa-err, IS very good. That means we'll be competitive!" We all know that John Beck is probably going to see the field very quickly...

justasportsfan
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm not just saying this because I hate Miami, but I really dont think it matters much.. They are simply not a good football team right now and Green won't change that.

Yikes! the last time he said that about a team it was the jets. I hope Pats right for a change.

Gunzlingr
06-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Green is considerably better than Culpepper, but I am not worried about him. Culpepper will be sent packing.

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2007, 09:46 AM
But we did fix the line and JP is a 26 years young mobile QB while Green is an immobile 37 year old QB who is passed his prime. Don't get me wrong I think Green is an upgrade for you guys but I wonder why bother at this point? Might as well rebuild entirely. Is this a move maybe mentor Beck? If so it better be a one year thing because Beck is already 25-26 himself...

justasportsfan
06-06-2007, 09:49 AM
they're getting rid of a qb w/ a knee problem and replacing him with one that has a head problem. A 5th(possibly a 4th) for one who's gonna mentor their future for a few games until he gets hit and becomes the back up is not a bad thing for the fins.

Sounds almost like the bills.

It's almost the same situation when we drafted JP and Drew was the qb.

Ginn=Evans.

Cam=Jauron.
Their last coach turned out to be an idiot and so was MM.

Their D is getting old and so was ours. I predict after this year, just like we eventually lost our vets, they will too next year.

mysticsoto
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
A pretty good article:

What Can Green do for Miami?

1. Offensive Line – Green put together four straight seasons as a top-eight fantasy quarterback from 2002-2005 behind a legendary offensive line. Tackle Willie Roaf (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=1379) and guard Will Shields (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=1391) will be in Canton one day. Guard Brian Waters (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=1371) goes to the Pro Bowl every season.

Green is not a mobile quarterback and relies on great protection to keep him upright. He likes to wait for plays to develop down the field before using his quick release. In Miami, he joins a team that has struggled to cobble together a decent offensive line for years. The Dolphins plan to start a rookie at center, covert a right tackle to start at left tackle, and have journeymen at the guard spots. That is not a recipe to keep Green healthy.

2. Coaching – Green benefited greatly by playing for Dick Vermeil in Kansas City. Vermeil was an aggressive offensive coach who piled up passing attempts. Green was at home in the system, and didn't look comfortable in 2006 under Herm Edwards when the Chiefs tweaked their playbook.

It's a positive that Green has played under Dolphins coach Cam Cameron before, when Cameron was his quarterback coach in Washington. But that was over ten years ago!

Cameron is unlikely to throw as much as Vermeil's old teams. While it will help Green's adjustment, he's still behind learning a new offense and meeting a new a group of teammates. Steve McNair (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=232), in a similar situation last year, attributed his slow start to the season to unfamiliarity with his new system.

3. Job Security - Green wasn't challenged for his starting job in Kansas City until his injury. In Miami, Green is a short-term fix for a team that probably isn't going anywhere in 2007. John Beck (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=NFL&id=4219), the team's second-round pick, is the "quarterback of the future." He's a 26-year-old rookie, so Cameron may not wait long to move forward.

4. Confidence – Green did not play well when he returned from his concussion late last season. He often appeared tentative in the face of a pass rush, in contrast to his usual style of delivering a great pass while getting hit. Perhaps he will rebound, but it's more likely that his decline is settling in.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=74&articleid=28330

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I honestly can't see much coming from this. He was a good QB, now he's mediocre to below-average. He's being put into what is undeniable not a very good offense. I doubt he's going to inspire some sort of rebirth and turn Bennie Anderson into some sort of monstrous blocker...or anyone of the cast-offs that make up that line, for that matter. I see it as mostly a PR move, saying, "Hey, look, we DO have an experienced QB who wa-err, IS very good. That means we'll be competitive!" We all know that John Beck is probably going to see the field very quickly...Bennie Anderson is long gone....much like your credibility

justasportsfan
06-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Green has put up consecutive 4000 yd seasons with lesser wr's than what the fins have. He can still hurt you if he had an OL. Let's hope he doesn't.

DynaPaul
06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
That's it. Miami's going to the Super Bowl!

Ha ha...

Bling
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
There are other variables LT, we also have 2 rookie RB's with minimal wear we can run all day, a potentially better no huddle option and Everett seems to be in the best shape of his life (we haven't had a good TE since P. Metz), JP has another year under his belt and the O-line added alot of beef that can move. I think it translates into keeping our Offense on the field longer which wears down our opponents and allows for our D to rest.

I've seen it all now: Now rookie RB's have less wear and tear over 4 year vets in the league. You're an over the hill RB after 3 years? :rofl:

I notice the typical homers and typical unbiased posters have contributed their typical homeristic and unbiased posts (minus justa).

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
No kidding Bling. We have a 3rd year back, a rookie RB, and a rookie FB

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 06:40 PM
I agree that will help, but unless Chambers becomes more consistent and a # 2 (and maybe even #3 with Welker gone) option develops they will still have problems. Ginn should help, but he also might need a year or two to develop as an every down threat on offense.

And they need a TE. McMike had been crap for a year or two (most of the time). I love Ronnie Brown, but the passing game might struggle even with Green.

I agree 100% that it "could" take a year or two for Ginn to develop. I don't have high expectations for the Dolphins this year anyways, so whatever we get from Ginn I'll be ok with.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree 100% that it "could" take a year or two for Ginn to develop. I don't have high expectations for the Dolphins this year anyways, so whatever we get from Ginn I'll be ok with.

I see many of you like defending FTP with neg's, enjoy.

feelthepain
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
But we did fix the line and JP is a 26 years young mobile QB while Green is an immobile 37 year old QB who is passed his prime. Don't get me wrong I think Green is an upgrade for you guys but I wonder why bother at this point? Might as well rebuild entirely. Is this a move maybe mentor Beck? If so it better be a one year thing because Beck is already 25-26 himself...

I think what you'll see from Miami this year is a slow start, but a steady upward progression. I think we finish the season as a team no one wants to play. I think because of the system we will be using, our Oline will be a strength. As for Green, honestly I would rather see Daunte the starter, I would like to see him faight his @** off for the starting spot making it almost impossible for Miamii to start Green. If Daunte can't win the job, I'm ok with Green. Not thrilled, but he's not our future anyways so I can live with him short term.

Other then Daunte, I think Greens the best we've had since Marino retired. At this point in time Miami's QB position is better now then it was last year, Green is better then Harrington, Daunte is healthier then he was this time last year, we spent a 2nd round DP on a QB with a lot of upside in Beck and we still have Cleo. Miami's QB position isn't settled, but it isn't bad either.

Devin
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Im actually pretty interested in seeing Ginn play, I didnt like him at all in college thought he was a pretty terrible WR and relied more on his athleticism and the lack of talent on the field to make plays.

That being said I think Cameron is a smart enough coach to utilize him well. IMO Ginn wont be a true #1 WR, but he almost assuredly will be a pretty dangerous KR/PR guy as well as a deep threat. If he pans out the Fins have a nice core to build on with he, brown and Beck.

gr8slayer
06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Ginn was an awesome pick for the Fish. He scares the **** out of me.

gr8slayer
06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
No kidding Bling. We have a 3rd year back, a rookie RB, and a rookie FB
Who has yet to do anything worth talking about. Come to think of it all three of those RB's taken early in that draft have fallen off the wagon. Williams has gone nowhere after year one, Benson was an automatic bust being a player from UT, and for the numbers he's put up Brown should have been a late first day pick.

BTW, how's the desert treating you? Everything alright?

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Whatever! I have my opinion and you have yours. enough said

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
What have your 2 rookie RB's done exactly??

That's what I thought

gr8slayer
06-06-2007, 07:32 PM
What have your 2 rookie RB's done exactly??

That's what I thought
The same thing John Beck has done to get the label of "savior" over there at Fin Hell.

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Don't bring FH into this. This is our conversation

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Guess I missed that thread over

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
not sure what the hell happened there:idunno:

gr8slayer
06-06-2007, 07:38 PM
not sure what the hell happened there:idunno:
Damn that second rate Iraqi bandwidth.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Damn that second rate Iraqi bandwidth.

I give LT credit for going over there, I wouldn't want to.

gr8slayer
06-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I give LT credit for going over there, I wouldn't want to.
I support my countries troops 150%

LtFinFan66
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
:cheers:

Al13
06-07-2007, 07:26 AM
LOL Green coming in to groom Beck and give him the keys to the franchise, when he will be 30 years old!!!

so he will be 26 years old when the season starts, worst case scenario he sits 2 years and sees the field when he is 28, so whats the deal about JB age its absolutely no factor

Al13
06-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Trent Green is a very decent pick up and well worth the 5th round pic. Unless a miracle happens and Culpepper is suddenly healed, Green will start. For Fin fans that's not a bad thing, he will make smart decisions with the ball and find find ways to get it into the hands of your playmakers.
His age is a factor, his concussions are a factor.

The Miami D is another year old, but if they buy into Cameron's plan then they could play with some intensity and passion for another year maybe 2. If the vets on the team smell even for a minute that this is still a rebuilding era, or that the coach is incompetant like Saban was (which I doubt) than they are don before the season even starts. All I know is that the addition of Green can only help the situation.

actually that was the first of his career, if you go on the miami dolphins HP there is his presser from yesterday

kgun12
06-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Normally I might agree with this, but I think Daunte is an experienced enough QB that he could help beck aswell, lets also not forget Cam is one of the best QB coaches in the league. He took a turnover machine in Drew Brees and made him a probowler and he made Philip Rivers into 14 game winner and a probowler in his first season as starting QB. I do agree Green could help in the development of Beck, but we have that on the team already. My hope is that Green was brought in to push Daunte. If Daunte is healthy and beats out Green for the starting spot, that would be the best the Dolphins could hope for, if Daunte isn't healthy or doesn't grasp the system Green is the perfect solution. We sahll see.

I finally agree with you. There is so much water and so many boats in Miami that I think Daunte could help Beck as well, just not on a football field! :;

Daunte will never be more than a backup for the rest of his career. I don't say that with malice. His mobility was a big part of his game and they said on ESPN yesterday that, not only did the Dolphins play him way to early, that because of that the knee will never be the same!

thecoordinator
06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
trent sucks and he'll probably suck worse in miami. with that said, he's still probably better than anything else we've had here since marino retired. the best part about this deal is he's a solid vet that knows this offense and can help beck develop.

kgun12
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
trent sucks and he'll probably suck worse in miami. with that said, he's still probably better than anything else we've had here since marino retired. the best part about this deal is he's a solid vet that knows this offense and can help beck develop.

WOW this sounds like 2 different posters arguing one topic! :headscrat

I'm confused? Does Trent suck or is he a solid vet that knows the offense? :idunno:

im4bflo
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Trent is a Fish now, so that makes him the enemy, and he must go down hard!
I hope we sweep his butt, like we did with last years loser.
I'm going to cheer everytime he get's sacked by our D, and hope he get's picked everytime he throws. SQUISHtheFISH! :squish:
that's just how I feel about him. :gobills:

Mitchy moo
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Trent is a Fish now, so that makes him the enemy, and he must go down hard!
I hope we sweep his butt, like we did with last years loser.
I'm going to cheer everytime he get's sacked by our D, and hope he get's picked everytime he throws. SQUISHtheFISH! :squish:
that's just how I feel about him. :gobills:

Trent would run for his life but he can't run so I will safely say he is in deep trouble.

Miami's new motto should be to give me your tired, poor QB.

feelthepain
06-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Trent would run for his life but he can't run so I will safely say he is in deep trouble.

Miami's new motto should be to give me your tired, poor QB.

As the Bills motto should be give us you stupid (JP) your thugs (McGahee/Lynch).

Mitchy moo
06-08-2007, 01:02 AM
As the Bills motto should be give us you stupid (JP) your thugs (McGahee/Lynch).

I have to give Miami some credit here, you have had no psycho's crawling in neighbors windows lately playing on the team. As per the people that come to the games / fans, that's another story.

im4bflo
06-08-2007, 06:44 PM

You think JP's stupid, and Lynch is a thug?
:lolpoint: FTP
You 'feelthepain' when you try to think, IMO.
Give that brain a rest :snicker2: