• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Don't Hate the Player, hate the F.O.

In another thread, regular poster Rock Star36 made a comment that really stood out to me regarding Darwin Walker.

He said, and I quote him

"I'm not sick of him. I am slightly upset about him holding out already however if the Bills made the trade knowing that they had to re-work his contract then most of my anger would be directed towards the front office."
    ========================================================

Rock Star is absolutely right.

Most of us are hear voicing our frustrations about Walker when our anger should be directed towards Levy and the F.O.

They are the ones that KNEW about Walker and his contract desires BEFORE they made the trade for him.. It's not like our FO had no clue this was going to happen, yet they did it anyway.

What kind of General Manager pulls the trigger on a trade for a player they already know is going to demand more money unless you plan on paying him.. It's pretty simple. You either pay him, or you DONT make the trade.

If they wanted to simply "dump" Spikes, then they should've just gotten the 6th rounder for him, called it a day and not give critics even more ammunition to call this a poorly run, CHEAP franchise.

And we wonder why guys like Mort and those ESPN homos ridicule Buffalo time and time again as a franchise that's primary focus isn't winning.

What a stupid.. STUPID trade by Marv Levy. I don't care if he's perceived as God here.. IT was a stupid, cowardly trade that makes us look bad yet again in the national perspective of things.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Don't Hate the Player, hate the F.O.

sounds like the same **** you have been posting for a month..

big deal.. we got the point a while ago..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

It's only June 6. there's still plenty of time to get a new deal done. I'm sure Marv and the rest of the FO are woking on a new deal for Walker. As you said, they made the trade knowing the circumstances. Levy has to much class to make the trade with no intentions of negotiating a new deal. If it gets to be August and nothing has happened, then we can begin to panic and bash the FO, but until then, let it play out.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        In another thread, regular poster Rock Star36 made a comment that really stood out to me regarding Darwin Walker.

He said, and I quote him

"I'm not sick of him. I am slightly upset about him holding out already however if the Bills made the trade knowing that they had to re-work his contract then most of my anger would be directed towards the front office."
        ========================================================

Rock Star is absolutely right.

Most of us are hear voicing our frustrations about Walker when our anger should be directed towards Levy and the F.O.

They are the ones that KNEW about Walker and his contract desires BEFORE they made the trade for him.. It's not like our FO had no clue this was going to happen, yet they did it anyway.

What kind of General Manager pulls the trigger on a trade for a player they already know is going to demand more money unless you plan on paying him.. It's pretty simple. You either pay him, or you DONT make the trade.

If they wanted to simply "dump" Spikes, then they should've just gotten the 6th rounder for him, called it a day and not give critics even more ammunition to call this a poorly run, CHEAP franchise.

And we wonder why guys like Mort and those ESPN homos ridicule Buffalo time and time again as a franchise that's primary focus isn't winning.

What a stupid.. STUPID trade by Marv Levy. I don't care if he's perceived as God here.. IT was a stupid, cowardly trade that makes us look bad yet again in the national perspective of things.
        Yeah because that's what we all strive to gain right? We must have the national media approve of everything we do.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          Yeah because that's what we all strive to gain right? We must have the national media approve of everything we do.
          No but it would be nice to make a trade without coming out like the idiots.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka

lol.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

No but it would be nice to make a trade without coming out like the idiots.
              We have until what? August to get a deal done? What's with the sky is falling BS? We just started freaking OTA's. There is still a TON of time to get him signed. Would you rather we just break the bank and give the guy what he wants?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka

Ya well one month later nearly everybody is still *****ing about Walker, when the reality is it was our bumbling Front Office that made the move, yet it's rare when anybody.. God forbids.. Criticizes Jesus Levy.

And it's one month closer and how much closer are we to signing him? Has he even VISITED Buffalo for that matter?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

We have until what? August to get a deal done? What's with the sky is falling BS? We just started freaking OTA's. There is still a TON of time to get him signed. Would you rather we just break the bank and give the guy what he wants?
                  He wasn't our FA to begin with.

We shouldn't be making trades with players unless we are prepared to give them "what they want"

Did you see Baltimore consumate the trade with McGahee before they reached their extension?

The way the Bills do business is "different" that just about any other team in the league. It doesnt matter who the GM is. The owner is the same; and for seven years running, so are the results.

For the record, it's not Levy's fault that WIlson is a whiny, cry to the media, insult your fans who are STILL selling out games, old *****.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

He wasn't our FA to begin with.

We shouldn't be making trades with players unless we are prepared to give them "what they want"

Did you see Baltimore consumate the trade with McGahee before they reached their extension?

The way the Bills do business is "different" that just about any other team in the league. It doesnt matter who the GM is. The owner is the same; and for seven years running, so are the results.

For the record, it's not Levy's fault that WIlson is a whiny, cry to the media, insult your fans who are STILL selling out games, old *****.
                    How do you know we aren't prepared to give him what he wants? I personally would rather have the draft pick right now, he's good but not as good as he probably thinks he is.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

How do you know we aren't prepared to give him what he wants? I personally would rather have the draft pick right now, he's good but not as good as he probably thinks he is.
                      I dont necessarily disagree with you on that.

But.. IF the Bills don't think he's that good, they should've taken the pick instead of Walker and prevented the embarassment of trading a former Pro bowler and team leader for a player they could never sign.

And if they were going to sign him (Walker), it should've been a done deal BEFORE the trade, as Im sure teams weren't knocking down Marv's door about Spikes- and if they were this makes the trade even worse than it already is.

And the Bills aren't giving him what he wants now, why will they in a month when he's even further behind his teammates?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

I dont necessarily disagree with you on that.

But.. IF the Bills don't think he's that good, they should've taken the pick instead of Walker and prevented the embarassment of trading a former Pro bowler and team leader for a player they could never sign.

And if they were going to sign him (Walker), it should've been a done deal BEFORE the trade, as Im sure teams weren't knocking down Marv's door about Spikes- and if they were this makes the trade even worse than it already is.

And the Bills aren't giving him what he wants now, why will they in a month when he's even further behind his teammates?
                        The way I understand it Spikes who has been here for a few years wanted out, so we got him out. Walker just happened to be included in the deal. Now we went into the deal knowing that it might not work out with Walker and if it didn't then **** him, we get a draft pick and he goes home. So would you rather have an angry Spikes (who younger players respected) being a possible cancer in the locker room, or would you rather have a DT who is a virtual nobody in our locker room be pissed off and not even show up?

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

I agree with pat, the bills should have known this would have been a issue. If walker said he wanted a new deal before the bills traded for him then what did they expect? They should pay the damn guy and get him on the field, because a 6th and 7th for spikes and holcomb is a joke.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                            I agree with pat, the bills should have known this would have been a issue. If walker said he wanted a new deal before the bills traded for him then what did they expect? They should pay the damn guy and get him on the field, because a 6th and 7th for spikes and holcomb is a joke.
                            Keeping an angry Spikes around would have been an even bigger joke IMO.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

The way I understand it Spikes who has been here for a few years wanted out, so we got him out. Walker just happened to be included in the deal. Now we went into the deal knowing that it might not work out with Walker and if it didn't then **** him, we get a draft pick and he goes home. So would you rather have an angry Spikes (who younger players respected) being a possible cancer in the locker room, or would you rather have a DT who is a virtual nobody in our locker room be pissed off and not even show up?
                              while I don't agree with you often, I generally respect your posts.

But this is the kind of Pro-Marv can't do wrong crap I can't stomach about Bills fans.

There is NO DEFENDING THE TRADE.. It was a HORRIBLE trade. F**k Spikes at this point, I don't care if we cut him or traded for a water bottle.

The point is our Front Office makes trades for players now that they can't even sign.. I can't remember a team making a trade for someone, and then NOT being able to sign that player. Maybe I'm wrong, I dont know.. If I am , someone please tell me the last time this has happened?

If the DT is a "virtual nobody" in our locker room, then why the hell did we trade for him to begin with?

Comment

Working...
                              X