PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman audio on wgr55 website

ghz in pittsburgh
06-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Just listened the whole thing. What a difference a year makes! Obviously you can't judge a guy from a few sound bites, but the attitude difference is really night and day.

Last year I got a sense of a guy who's jittery, who's a lot of uncertainty in his mind. Now I hear a guy in peace. Not a guy who feels established by any means, but a guy who knows where he is and where he's going.

He said he's going to devote to football from here on for 2007 season without taking any time off. In terms of goals and accomplishement for 2007, without thinking or hesitation, he runs of what "we" need to do this and that, as if leadership is a natural for him. I wish he would answer Simon's question about his personal goal more directly. He's no dummy, Simon's no dummy, and we are no dummy. This is a critical year for him. At 27, he's entering into his prime as a QB and probably facing THE biggest contract of his NFL life at the end of the year. The thing that strikes me is this: he sounds and acts as if he truely believes that he can climb up that big hill to join those elite QBs in this league and catch that big prize.

I don't know if you have that experience. You know the prize and you know you are not there. But from where you are you see no obstacle, no confusion; just some work needs to be done. The result: you are at peace with where you are, just bury with yourself with the work at hand, knowing that it will get you there. I think that's what Losman feels these days.

patmoran2006
06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
There's no question that he's maturing bigtime.

Lets hope that continues to translate on the field.

Don't Panic
06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Great post ghz... getting deep on us there! Love the insight and the promise this kid has for '07. I know its June, but I'm getting really psyched about opening week.

bigbub2352
06-06-2007, 12:56 PM
i am starting to Billieve again, JP could be our next bigtime signal caller, he just has to keep progressing, cause all the rest of the intangibles needed are there
GO BILLS!

raphael120
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
If JP and our FO can make it work this year, I think not only do we have a QB we can count on for years to come, but a steady coaching staff too. But those are tall orders to fill...we'll see.

gr8slayer
06-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I know this is a long way off but I worry that if J.P. does great, (which I expect him to) will our front office pay the man what he deserves?

hammerbillsfan
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Here's the link:
http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20070606_losman.wma

:gobills:

justasportsfan
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I know this is a long way off but I worry that if J.P. does great, (which I expect him to) will our front office pay the man what he deserves?

Sure. In pesos.

FlyingDutchman
06-06-2007, 05:38 PM
JP is 27? Thought he was a tad younger.