PDA

View Full Version : Will TD want to re-sign Winfield?

BADTHINGSMAN
03-15-2003, 09:24 PM
Ive heard lots of talk about this is GW and TD team. And they have cut alot of the old Bills players. And they have found a pretty good replacement. But Winfield is a Phillips player. Whats your thoughts on Winfield being a Bill next year.

IMO Winfield is way above Clements. Sure Winfield doesnt get many INT's but he is the best tackler on the Bills roster. And hopefully TD wont let Winfield go and just get another CB.

Michael82
03-15-2003, 09:33 PM
The best thing to do is watch and see if he looks for a stud CB in the draft this year. If he does, then I can see him tagging and trying to trade Winfield next year, like he did with Price. :cry:

I hope not! I would love to see Winfield re-signed before the season! :D

Mr. Miyagi
03-15-2003, 09:56 PM
I hope he comes back. I just bought a Winfield jersey last season.

LVGrown
03-16-2003, 01:31 PM
miyagi i feel you on the jersey thing, i was gonna buy a winfield or wire jersey. (my fav players) i really want a winfield jersey but im not waisting $240 just to have him end up somewhere else next season!

Erin

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-16-2003, 02:01 PM
I only buy a jersey right after they sign a contract, and I know they will be there for a few years.

This year will be a Spikes and possibly a draft pick.

Ron C.
03-16-2003, 02:14 PM
I have heard that the Bills like Winfield's tackling and coverage abilities, but feel he doesn't make enough BIG plays. They still want to resign him, but not at top 5 CB money unless he shows it this year (i.e. more forced turnovers).

Michael82
03-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702
miyagi i feel you on the jersey thing, i was gonna buy a winfield or wire jersey. (my fav players) i really want a winfield jersey but im not waisting $240 just to have him end up somewhere else next season!

Erin

Erin, you can get a nice replica Winfield or Wire jersey on BuffaloBills.com for only $60! :up:

http://secure1.esportspartners.com/store-bills/main_detail.cfm?nProductID=8486&nObjGroupID=981

http://secure1.esportspartners.com/store-bills/images/products/standard/j111h.jpg

lordofgun
03-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Ron C.
I have heard that the Bills like Winfield's tackling and coverage abilities, but feel he doesn't make enough BIG plays. They still want to resign him, but not at top 5 CB money unless he shows it this year (i.e. more forced turnovers). '

'Welcome to the boards, Ron!

Shiny Chicken
03-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Welcome ron!

Michael82
03-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Welcome to BFZ, Ron C! :up:

:cheers:

don137
03-16-2003, 03:10 PM
If Kevin Thomas plays like a stud this year I wouldn't doubt TD not willing to break the bank to re-sign Winfield but if Thomas plays like a third CB he may be more inclined to resign him.

14850BillsFan
03-16-2003, 07:57 PM
A lot depends upon Winfield. If last year wasn't a result of the poor play of the defensive line then I see TD letting him go. Now that we'll acutally have a pass rush is the time for both him and Clements to step it up.

4thAndLong
03-16-2003, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the zone, 14850.

Good to have another BB poster here.

I think alot depends on Winfield's performance this year.

BTW, when is Winfield's contract up?

14850BillsFan
03-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Heya 4th it's nice to be here once again. Now don't quote me on this but I think he's entering his final year.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Winfields contract is up after this year. I think Winfield is a coveragage corner. He makes up for no INT's with his speed and sure tackling. He is not afraid to take or make a hit. I hope Winfield gets a new contract. Give him incentives. And Bonus incentives. Winfield IMO is not a top 5 but a top 10. I think it depends how much the defense improves wether he will stay. He may not demand a whole lot of cash since he hasnt Intercepted a ball in over a year.

Welcome to the Zone Ron C and 14850BillsFan.