PDA

View Full Version : Sabres team at the end of the season?

kgun12
06-06-2007, 10:23 PM
After watching parts of 3 games and all of 2 games I can honestly say that the Sabres team that skated off the ice at end off the Ottawa series could not beat the Ducks this year. We are not built for a long physical playoff run.

Discuss!

JD
06-06-2007, 10:26 PM
We would have been swept.

We would be lucky to score a goal per game.

We need to build our team like Anaheim.

Our Neidermayer= DRURY.

I can see it!

Get some gritty D-MEN
and some HUNGRY forwards.... and we can do this!

But until then- GO BILLS!!!!

Ebenezer
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
We are not built for a long pysical playoff run.

I'll disagree a little. I think Anaheim was built better. Other than the Playoffs last year Ottawa has had our number for sometime so a loss there wasn't a complete surprise; I think the Sabres would have beaten anybody else in the East. Anaheim was far and away the best team in the league.

kgun12
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I'll disagree a little. I think Anaheim was built better. Other than the Playoffs last year Ottawa has had our number for sometime so a loss there wasn't a complete surprise; I think the Sabres would have beaten anybody else in the East. Anaheim was far and away the best team in the league.

I don't think Ottawa was that much better then us, but I believe that with the physical play that Anaheim played in the playoffs the would have beaten us to a pulp!

LABillsFan
06-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Offensively I like the Sabres against The Ducks O, however,there is no way the Sabres could have matched the physical play. If the Sabres had made it to the finals, they would have had games 1 and 2 at home so I don't know if I could count out a Sabres victory. We'll never know.

kgun12
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Offensively I like the Sabres against The Ducks O, however,there is no way the Sabres could have matched the physical play. If the Sabres had made it to the finals, they would have had games 1 and 2 at home so I don't know if I could count out a Sabres victory. We'll never know.

Home ice didn't do crap for us against Ottawa! as far as this team we have too many skating defensemen. I said it at the trade deadline and i'll say it again, we need to bring in a couple of knuckle dragging defensemen, resign Zubie, Durry, let Danny walk if he gets crazy with money, and sign another player like Zubie. We have enough scorers on this team, we nee to add grit!

Philagape
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I'll never believe that the Sens would have beaten the Sabres at their best, but I agree the Ducks are the best.

Philagape
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Our Neidermayer= DRURY.

And Briere is our Andy McDonald

LABillsFan
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Home ice didn't do crap for us against Ottawa! as far as this team we have too many skating defensemen. I said it at the trade deadline and i'll say it again, we need to bring in a couple of knuckle dragging defensemen, resign Zubie, Durry, let Danny walk if he gets crazy with money, and sign another player like Zubie. We have enough scorers on this team, we nee to add grit!

Ottawa had the Sabres number all year and it wasn't Anaheim that we blindsided in the playoffs last year either.