PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone seem to think we need to replace Prioleau?

4thAndLong
03-15-2003, 09:46 PM
He was pretty good last year.

He had no pass rush...Which alot of you use as the excuse why Winfield and Clements had bad years...Doesn't it work for Prioleau also?

Sounds to me like everyone wants to complain about something in the off-season...

Prioleau is underrated.

Doc
03-15-2003, 09:58 PM
I'd be willing to give Prioleau another crack at FS, but IMHO he is a very good SS, if undersized for the position and therefore an injury waiting to happen. However if the Bills can obtain a proven FS, I would have to say go for it.

4thAndLong
03-15-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Doc
I'd be willing to give Prioleau another crack at FS, but IMHO he is a very good SS, if undersized for the position and therefore an injury waiting to happen. However if the Bills can obtain a proven FS, I would have to say go for it.

We have more pressing needs than to go after a proven FS. PP wont tear it up...But he'll get the job done.

venis2k1
03-15-2003, 10:30 PM
We need a DT!!!!!! and a Kicker!!!!!!! and a 3rd WR!!!!!! and a 3rd CB!!!!!! and a C!!!!!!! and a DE!!!!!! FS is pretty low on my list.

WG
03-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Agree. PP will work for this year and he definitely deserves a second chance starting.

venis,

We have a 3rd CB in Thomas, remember.

Stewie
03-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Remember when he laid out McAffrey? They both laid on the field for a few minutes if I remember right. That was a HUGE, clean hit. McAffrey didn't drop the ball, tho that wasn't PP's fault.

RedEyE
03-16-2003, 12:06 AM
It never hurts to see what is available. I like Prioleau, he's a hard hitter, but average talent. He should get better IF the Bills address the DL. Sifting through FA talent isn't necessarily a bad thing. If we can't get any immediate assistance on the DL it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in a shutdown saftey like Lassiter for a year or two.

simpletask400
03-16-2003, 01:17 PM
free safeties need to bring into's. he didnt do that. he has never done that. we need a ballhawk for at least passing downs. pp is good and should be kept, but if he cant get the into's we need to bring in a guy off the bench who will. pp and coy gave up too many big plays, we need a guy looking for into's.

casdhf
03-16-2003, 02:11 PM
:eek:

SoCalBillsFan
03-16-2003, 02:18 PM
he's just not a good coverage free safety. I mean I'm glad he can hit hard, but we gave up a lot of big plays last year. No INTs, as a free safety that is a little bothersome. I think we need an upgrade. maybe ther are other positions we need to upgrade more, but i think this is a spot than can be upgraded. Especialy if we get Adams, this wil be the weak spt on the D

Nighthawk
03-16-2003, 03:43 PM
I don't hate him, but I would have no problem upgrading the position. We have no playmakers back there...both safeties are average.

4thAndLong
03-16-2003, 06:34 PM
What about Winfield? 0 INTs yet no one is jumping over his case. In fact, people are saying the pass rush (as I stated above) is the reason he had no INTs. Could that not be the same for Prioleau?

On Coy - SS's in the 46 dont cover too much...They play close to the line...And he was only a rookie last year...He has alot of upside, and can play the run pretty well.

simpletask400
03-16-2003, 08:49 PM
ur comparing pp to winfield? bottom line is the bills need more into's, so who would u rather replace pp or winfield? pp is decent but if u can upgrade in the second round, y not do it? believe me no teams are really scared of our safeties and they will attack them more now that it will be tougher to run against the bills. right now safety is our weakest spot on defense so y not upgrade? we have 7 picks, what other position needs more attention than s on the bills besides dline?

4thAndLong
03-16-2003, 09:02 PM
I'm not comparing PP to Winfield, I'm comparing the situation they're in. Even though they do have alot in common.

Winfield has always been that corner you play in the slot to stop the run.

Winfield = 0 INTs
Prioleau = 0 INTs

I can argue that they're pretty even...And in week 2 Prioleau had an INT called back on roughing the passer by CA I believe.

venis2k1
03-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
Why does everyone seem to think we need to replace Prioleau?

http://images.nfl.com/images/photos/2002/week5/BUF_garner.jpg

Oakland RB Charlie Garner rumbles past Buffalo FS Pierson Prioleau for a 69-yard TD. (AP)

BillsMan80
03-18-2003, 10:36 PM
Guys having a decent player like Pierson Prioleau being the Weak Link on a defense screams of having a Top 10 or Top 5 Defense. I mean, think about it. That means were starting a quality player everywhere on defense.