PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have this empty feeling inside?

BlackMetalNinja
06-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Every single time a major sport's championship is decided, I feel like this. Just once I'd like to know how it feels to be one of those fans whose team just won it all... Watching the last 30 seconds of that game last night and hearing that arena go absolutely bonkers, then watching Neidermayer lift the cup.... I really thought this was going to be the year I finally knew how it felt. Someday I guess...

YardRat
06-07-2007, 06:12 AM
"Somewhere, Over the rainbow..."

MikeInRoch
06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Thank God the Orangemen won a few years ago. At least I had something then.

BlackMetalNinja
06-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Thank God the Orangemen won a few years ago. At least I had something then.

Well, I'm a Duke fan and a Miami Hurricanes fan... so I've had teams that have won championships, it's just not the same. My devotion to the Sabres and Bills is on a whole nother level really. Same thing with the Tigers getting to the World Series and losing last year, just one more championship loss to add to the mix.

OpIv37
06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Every year when the NFL season ends and the playoffs start with the Bills on the golf course instead of the football field, I get that empty, sinking feeling. I remember when I was a kid and it wasn't IF the Bills would make the playoffs- it was how many home games they'd get to play. Just the whole aura and excitement surrounding the city and the team... and now, nothing. The only way I can get excited about it is to find some team I despise and root for whoever's playing them, but that team usually ends up winning anyway (like the mother ****ing Patriots). It killed me when the Skins made the playoffs in 05 and everyone around here was so pumped.

With other sports like hockey, I just stop watching once the Sabres lose. But yeah, when I saw the pics of the Ducks with the cup, I couldn't help but think that it should be Drury and Miller holding that cup above their heads.

LABillsFan
06-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I've resorted to being elated when I hear Buffalo referenced in a commercial or TV show. In a good way of course.

JD
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Kinda teared up watchin the ducks win and the fans goin crazy.. just hopin some day that its us on the other end of the spectrum :(

Carlton Bailey
06-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Kinda teared up watchin the ducks win and the fans goin crazy.. just hopin some day that its us on the other end of the spectrum :(

Me too. I've never felt that kind of emotion watching another team hoist the trophy. A lot of it was getting to see guys like Mayday and Selanne raise the Cup, and I was really happy for them, but I was so certain this would be the year.

All I want is to just experience one Stanley Cup victory. I'd give almost anything for that.