PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper could be on move to.. NE

patmoran2006
06-07-2007, 12:05 PM
This junior journalist reports that he has read that NE and possibly Jacksonville are emerging as Duante Culpepper's most likely destinations as a backup QB.

I think Detroit and St. Louis were the other two teams I read about interested in acquiring him.

Dr. Lecter
06-07-2007, 12:25 PM
So NE is giving up on Tom Brady???

patmoran2006
06-07-2007, 12:27 PM
lol..
I suppose Pep would be a good backup for them?

casdhf
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Hopefully all these bums NE is bringing in to play roles will all go away if they end up with a ring ... then again, NE is the last team I want to see win it all

Mr. Miyagi
06-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah I heard the same thing on Sirius yesterday. It was nothing but Pat Kirwan's opinion.

DraftBoy
06-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Dont sleep on Atlanta picking him up in case of a Vick suspension

SquishDaFish
06-07-2007, 01:35 PM
I was thinking either Atlanta or Detroit with poss reuniting in Minny (doubt it though). Never though of Jax until this thread not a bad place for himt here.

Ickybaluky
06-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Nobody mentions them, but Baltimore doesn't seem like a bad spot for Culpepper. McNair is brittle as hell, Kyle Boller is only being kept around because of his original draft status, and Troy Smith is just a rookie. Plus, they are a good team with a chance to contend. Culpepper could sign there and get an opportunity to play at some point.

Plus, while Brian Billick wasn't there when he was drafted, Baltimore runs the same offense that Culpepper had in Minnesota. It could probably pick that system up faster than any other.

With them being a contending team, Culpepper wouldn't be a bad insurance policy for the Ravens. It makes sense on a lot of levels.

Earthquake Enyart
06-07-2007, 01:48 PM
It makes no sense for the Ravens unless they are going to keep 4 QB's this year or put Culpepper on IR.

Ickybaluky
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
It makes no sense for the Ravens unless they are going to keep 4 QB's this year or put Culpepper on IR.

Or dump Boller.

They have no plans to re-sign him and Smith is their developmental guy. McNair is an injury risk and if they see Culpepper as a better option than Boller they should make a move. It makes sense.

Earthquake Enyart
06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
They probably take a cap hit for dumping Boller.

Then you'd be left with the fragile McNair, the injured Culpepper, and a rookie.

At least Boller knows the offense and doesn't hurt them that badly.

SquishDaFish
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Maybe they can get something for Boller?

Mudflap1
06-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the update JJ ;)

Jon

North_Coast
06-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Nobody mentions them, but Baltimore doesn't seem like a bad spot for Culpepper. McNair is brittle as hell, Kyle Boller is only being kept around because of his original draft status, and Troy Smith is just a rookie. Plus, they are a good team with a chance to contend. Culpepper could sign there and get an opportunity to play at some point.

Plus, while Brian Billick wasn't there when he was drafted, Baltimore runs the same offense that Culpepper had in Minnesota. It could probably pick that system up faster than any other.

With them being a contending team, Culpepper wouldn't be a bad insurance policy for the Ravens. It makes sense on a lot of levels.

Why would a contending team want Daunte Culpepper even as a back up? :brace:

He was horrible in 2005 before he got hurt. :wail:

He was horrible in 2006 before he got hurt again (sorry, but I don't buy the "he was never healthy" line. He didn't look "unhealthy", just stupid-as-usual against Pitt and the Bills). :wail:

Now, he's supposedly "healthy" again but Miami isn't interested because they want to bring in a 37-year-old QB who looked horrible last year after suffering a serious head injury??? :wtf:

Culpepper fumbles too much and throws too many INTs at crucial times to be any kind of "insurance policy" (see the Carp's games against Pitt and Buffalo games).

FlyingDutchman
06-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I agree with Draftboy, if i were Atlanta id try to scoop him. IMO Chicago and Detroit should also try to jump into the mix.

Goobylal
06-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Why would Culpepper go to the Pats? He'd had NO chance to play, unless Brady got hurt, and he would be making $1M at best.

YardRat
06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Why would Culpepper go to the Pats? He'd had NO chance to play, unless Brady got hurt, and he would be making $1M at best.

He could take the Rob Johnson route to a ring.

Goobylal
06-07-2007, 08:33 PM
He could take the Rob Johnson route to a ring.
That's the only explanation I could see. But RJ was looking to just HAVE a job and the Bucs were a total surprise winning the SB that year. The Pats are the prohibitive favorites and Culpepper still has potential (that he likely will never realize) to return to his previous form.

!Papacrunk!
06-07-2007, 08:43 PM
well I think the Bucs could use another QB, might as well try to go for 10 on the roster