• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Langston Walker remarks

Granted- THis is from a Raiders fans message board.

And to see how ****ty hometown fans talk about players after they leave their teams, look no farther than here. Christ, if you went solely on this board, Clements and especially Fletch are the two most overated players in the NFL.

But out of curiosity, I registered on a Raiders fan board- identified myself as a Bills fans and asked about Langston Walker. Most of the replies weren't too promising.

While fan opinions don't seal the deal on anybody, I never been a fan of this signing. $25 million to a guy who started ONE year out of 5, allowed nearly 11 sacks and was regarded in the Oakland press as a weak-link on a horribly weak OL.

Combine that with the likelyhood of Preston or Whittle at RG, and I dont know what drugs most Bills fans are taking to just assume our entire OL is "improved" because we got Dockery..Yes, the left side is absolutely better... But you'd be a fool to not be worried about the right side.

Anyways. Those responses are pretty damn degrading to Walker's abilities, unless we need a clutch FG block.

PS- I know I know.. Marv knows more than me, and you, and every fan.. Thanks for the insight.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Langston Walker remarks

I am never one to judge a guy who was on one of the worst O-lines in the business last year. I especially won't take to much to heart from Raider fan. I will hold judgement to see how he works with this unit.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I dont take much to hear from ANY fan of any team.

If Wash or SF come to this board about Fletch or Nate, they'll think they suck.

I just am baffled on how our OL is so much better, when we have a huge fat question mark and RT and god only knows whos playing RG.

Walker just became most important Bill #3 on this team.
      Behind only Losman and McCargo.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

There is a reason why some people have jobs in front offices of teams in NFL. And we are here on a message board. Lets see the man play for us on a better Oline then Oaklands and see how he does.

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

"Fan opinions don't seal the deal on anybody". That's the understatement of the century. Plus, how many casual fans really watch the offensive line closely? Most fans' opinions on an offensive lineman are solely based on what they hear or read. The Bills "cheap" front office gave this guy quite a bit of money. They must've seen something in him. Does ths mean Langston was a good signing? No. Does it mean he was a bad signing? No. As Bills fans, lets hope Langston is worth the money. Lets also let him play a down or two in a Bills uniform before we decide he was a terrible signing.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

And no Bills fan in their right mind said Clements or Fletcher sucked for us. I think everyone pretty much have been saying Clements isnt worth the money he got period. And most Bills fans admitted we will miss Fletchs leadership or miss him period.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Awesome posting may.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                There is a reason why some people have jobs in front offices of teams in NFL.
                This is really a poor argument. Just because someone is in a certain position doesn't automatically make them competent. Look at what Matt Millen does in Detroit or what Tom Donahoe did here.

Signing Walker to a huge contract may or may not have been the right move, but the simple fact that an NFL personnel professional made the move does NOT automatically vindicate it.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

But they must of seen something in him with their knowledge of the game ill trust them. At least give him time to play for us and see what he can do.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    This is really a poor argument. Just because someone is in a certain position doesn't automatically make them competent. Look at what Matt Millen does in Detroit or what Tom Donahoe did here.

Signing Walker to a huge contract may or may not have been the right move, but the simple fact that an NFL personnel professional made the move does NOT automatically vindicate it.
                    Obviously, NFL personnel professionals make mistakes and poor desicions. Still, they are more qualified than us fans. Yes, even Matt Millen and Tom Donahoe are more qualified.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

This is the quote that scares me the most....

oakraider
                      Hall of Famer

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by patmoran2006
                      Walker is slotted as the starting RT for the Bills.

I argue with Bills fans all the time on our message board.

A lot of people in Bflo like him.. I cant stand him.

But I figure unbiased Raiders fans who've seen him play will know a lot more than any of us.

"He is terrible at pass blocking...atrocious footwork, gets absolutely blown away by speed rushers, and plays too up-right and without leverage against bull-rushers. As a run blocker he is ok when he doesn't get called for holding. He was the worst or the 2nd worst lineman after Grove last season."

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

unbiased raiders fans
                        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

If that was really an accurate assessment, he wouldn't even be playing in the NFL let alone be starting. I recall Chris Brown posting McNally or Kugler notes on Walker and they were nothing like that crap.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                            • May 2005

Yeah, those certainly were some ringing endorsements, but of course they're going to be overly harsh on him too. Still, they didn't even leave much room for the possibility of positives.

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              This is the quote that scares me the most....

oakraider
                              Hall of Famer

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by patmoran2006
                              Walker is slotted as the starting RT for the Bills.

I argue with Bills fans all the time on our message board.

A lot of people in Bflo like him.. I cant stand him.

But I figure unbiased Raiders fans who've seen him play will know a lot more than any of us.

"He is terrible at pass blocking...atrocious footwork, gets absolutely blown away by speed rushers, and plays too up-right and without leverage against bull-rushers. As a run blocker he is ok when he doesn't get called for holding. He was the worst or the 2nd worst lineman after Grove last season."

He couldnt be worse than Gallery.

Comment

Working...
                              X