PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think Peerless' lost production will go in 2003?

Stewie
03-16-2003, 12:01 AM
I think KG needs to get his head out of his ass and put LC on the field a lot more than he did last year. If that happens, I think Moulds will go for 100 again next year, Reed will catch 55-70 balls and the #3wr will catch around 25-35. I think LC and TH will both catch betwen 35-55 balls out of the backfield, and Bledsoe goes for way over 4000 yards again.

Keeping Centers on the field would keep pressure off the #3 wr to be on the field producing consistently. Right now we have a great #1, and no other proven NFL receivers, unless you consider Charles Johnson an NFL receiver. :snicker2:

Keeping extra checkdown options will also avoid the play we seemed to run once a game last year, where it was 3rd and short and Bledsoe sprinted back 15 yards and got sacked. If possible we should avoid this play in the future methinks.

Better yet, I want to see what would happen if we gave the ball to TH 500 times this season, and never call pass patterns under 10 yards.

:squish:

The Spaz
03-16-2003, 12:21 AM
The lost production will go to Josh Reed IMO! Go Bills!

RedEyE
03-16-2003, 12:32 AM
Good point Paul - Centers needs to be more directly involved in the offense this season. His talents were poorly misused last season. He has great open field quickness and is as sure handed as any top receiver in the league. How many times did KG use the screen last season? I think I can count on one hand the times it was used. Centers provides an instant boost to the passing and running games. You wanna lower sack counts? Centers makes an amazing decoy in 3rd in long situations. I agree Paul, 100%, get him in there. Nice post.

WG
03-16-2003, 12:34 AM
If Bledsoe puts up the ball for over 4,000 yards again, then I'll predict right now that it means we won't win the division and may not even be much better than the .500 that we were this year unless we have a bunch of low scoring games.

There is absolutely no reason to have to put the ball up over 600 times as we did this past season. None. I'd like to cut down our attempts to around 500 or even less.

500 rushes by Henry may be a bit much, especially if he catches out of the backfield as well. But we should definitely run Henry more than we did this past season. If he has 425 to 450 carries that'll be a good sign. There is no reason to put the ball in the air nearly as much as we did w/ the D we'll have combined w/ Henry. If we do, it'll be irresponsible coaching on KG's part.

But by Jove, if Bledsoe does happen to have more than 4,000 yards passing this year, then he'd better have more than 24 TDs to go with it. 30+ I'd say! The only reason we'd pass more than we have to is to prove something to someone or the fans, but not to win games!

RedEyE
03-16-2003, 12:39 AM
I agree Wys - even keel. A nice solid even attack on the ground and in the air. The air-ball **** has got to go. Scouts said it before last season, Drew's arm tires by season's end. Look at the numbers (that I know you've posted Wys) and they will concur. I just hope Henry can learn to hold onto the damn football.

EM Bills Fan 80
03-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Im hoping we can keep up the Offensive firepower. something like this:

Bledsoe 3500 yards
Henry 1700 yards rushing
Henry 30-500 yard recieving
Moulds 1500 yards recieving
Reed 1200 yardfs recieiving
Rest of the yardage split between 3rd WR, TE and FB

WG
03-16-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I agree Wys - even keel. A nice solid even attack on the ground and in the air. The air-ball **** has got to go. Scouts said it before last season, Drew's arm tires by season's end. Look at the numbers (that I know you've posted Wys) and they will concur. I just hope Henry can learn to hold onto the damn football.

Even if he can't, we shouldn't give up on the run. What's the difference between 8 INTs or 8 fumbles? Nothing largely except that when you run, you still take more time off the clock. So assuming we are leading often, we should still run. Besides, only 1 of Henry's fumbles cost us a game. All of Drew's INTs did.

I like your number EM, but between Moulds, Henry, and Reed, that's 3200 of Drew's 3500 yards. ;)

RedEyE
03-16-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Even if he can't, we shouldn't give up on the run. What's the difference between 8 INTs or 8 fumbles? Nothing largely except that when you run, you still take more time off the clock. So assuming we are leading often, we should still run. Besides, only 1 of Henry's fumbles cost us a game. All of Drew's INTs did.

Good point, but it's essential that we win the turnover battle this year. It's always difficult making the post season if your losing the ball in the trenches.

WG
03-16-2003, 07:10 AM
You don't have to convince me of that. I'm the one that keeps pointing out that Drew had 18 TOs in our 7 losses, eh.

colin
03-16-2003, 10:13 AM
I think we will have more look deep and dump if it is not there plays, to the TEs and RBs. Reed will catch a batch, and Moulds is just unstopable.

If we run more outs and quick passes in the flats (not a ton, but say 5-10 a game) it will freeze the D more, if our line is as good next year as expected, we will be an even more dominant deep threat O, even with fewer shots.