PDA

View Full Version : Even the Dolphin's players can't believe they picked Ginn over Quinn

Ickybaluky
06-07-2007, 02:45 PM
From SI's Michael Silver (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/06/07/ginn.dolphins/index.html):

With the ninth pick they took a guy who is basically a kick returner -- a hurt kick returner. Here were are in June, and he hasn't been in camp yet. Maybe he'll come in eventually and become a better route-runner and make some plays. But I couldn't believe it then, and I can't believe it now.

It didn't help that Taylor, appearing as a call-in guest on a Miami radio station minutes before the selection, had proclaimed that selecting Quinn was "a no-brainer" -- only to come off like a befuddled outsider after Roger Goodell strolled to the podium.

"You notice the commissioner kind of paused before he read the name," Taylor says. "Like even he couldn't believe it."

Really surprised. That's a hit-or-miss pick, at No. 9, because the foot could really be an issue.

There's even more. Pretty funny stuff. I don't recall ever reading NFL players criticize their own team's draft picks like that. Welcome to the team, Ted.

Ickybaluky
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Needing a young quarterback for the future, you'd think picking Quinn would've been a no-brainer," Holliday says. "I mean, the setup was perfect. It's hard enough to get the fans (in South Florida) to come to the games, and now you piss them off? But hey, they must have a plan.

There is a ringing endorsement for the new regime.

This is funny stuff:

Ginn Jr. needs to call up Hester and thank him," Holliday says. "I guess that's what they're hoping he'll be.

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
You forget to mention guys like Chambers who were pushing the Ginn pick long before the draft

Ickybaluky
06-07-2007, 03:21 PM
You forget to mention guys like Chambers who were pushing the Ginn pick long before the draft

It wasn't in the article. These aren't my words, you should take your beef to Vonnie Holliday and Jason Taylor.

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't have a beef at all. Just pointing out the other side as well for fair reporting purposes:up:

Bling
06-07-2007, 03:27 PM
This might have been news 2 months ago CNN, but it's an old story now. This is like Abu Ghraib, Paris Hilton or something- I no longer care. Move on. Brady Quinn did. Ted Ginn, Jr. did. Miami fans did.

patmoran2006
06-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't have a beef at all. Just pointing out the other side as well for fair reporting purposes:up:
Regardless..

That's pretty crappy of team "leaders" and vets to openly question a draft pick like that.

That's far worse than anything Eric Moulds ever did.

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
The last line in Holidays quote says all I need to hear "but hey, they must have a plan

Dr. Lecter
06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
The last line in Holidays quote says all I need to hear "but hey, they must have a plan

Both of our teams had plans for the last 5 years or so too. The plans sucked, but they had plans. :ill:

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 03:37 PM
New coach

New plan

New result??????????

Mr. Miyagi
06-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah the plan is #1 overall next year.

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
won't happen MM.

Ickybaluky
06-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Like I said, there is a ringing endorsment.

He is basically saying, "I can't figure out what they hell they are doing, but they must have something in mind."

Bling
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah the plan is #1 overall next year.

With the way things are going, our head-to-head matchup is going to determine that. :up:

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Just perhaps.....the coaching staff and GM don't share every day operations stuff with the entire team and ask their opinion. I am sure the Fins FO is not the only one to do business this way:idunno:

Ickybaluky
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Maybe, in the interest of team unity, they should give Ginn a locker next to Holliday's.

justasportsfan
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Vonnie Holliday
It's hard enough to get the fans (in South Florida) to come to the games,

Word!!!

Hey, now ya'll know how we felt like when we picked "Whitner ????" . So far it's turning out like coaches really do know better (so far with the Whitner pick) than not only the fans, but players as well.

I just hope that Cam doesn't know what the hell he's doing and Ginn busts.

patmoran2006
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
So fins fans think its ok to have a locker room divided on who should be on the team?

Publicly no less? That's a mess waiting to happen

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Zach Thomas showed why he is a leader. Holiday and Taylor not so much. Either way, Brady Quinn or not, Taylor won't be around by the time he would have been leading this team anyway.... Oh, and one more comment Brady Quinn, golden arm :rofl:

I also bet Holiday will be the first one hug Ginn when he takes one to the house

BidsJr
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
ROFL

Gotta love a Pat's fan and Dolphin Fans duking it out on a Bills message board.

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
:bravo:

AFC EAST BABY!!

Michael82
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
:lmao:

Meathead
06-07-2007, 06:57 PM
[the Ginn pick] is like Abu Ghraib, Paris Hilton or something- I no longer care.
one of these things is not like the others one of these things just doesnt belong can you guess which thing is not like the others by the time i ***** slap your parents

!Papacrunk!
06-07-2007, 06:58 PM
lol at locker room division. read much into things??

Bling
06-07-2007, 07:57 PM
I never really understand why people think Jason Taylor is the leader of this team. Zach Thomas is and always will be in my book. Jason Taylor might perform the best on the team, but he never has been a leader in my book.

Bling
06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
one of these things is not like the others one of these things just doesnt belong can you guess which thing is not like the others by the time i ***** slap your parents

Well it depends on what you're looking for.

Blonde bimbo?
Future football star?
Politics? Actually, all involve politics in a way.
Humiliation? Again, all are humiliating. Though Abu Ghraib wins.

They do have a common denominator: too much media attention. If you disagree, I'm going to have to ***** slap your parents, grandparents after I ***** slap your English teacher. :D

feelthepain
06-07-2007, 09:45 PM
With the ninth pick they took a guy who is basically a kick returner -- a hurt kick returner. Here were are in June, and he hasn't been in camp yet. Maybe he'll come in eventually and become a better route-runner and make some plays. But I couldn't believe it then, and I can't believe it now.

I think every quote posted in this thread from a Dolphin player is bogus BS and here's why. I highlighted part of the quote above, and what's quoted makes no sense because Vonnie knows Teds been in camp Vonnie also knows if Ted were a 100% he couldn't participate in practice anyways because of NCAA rules with his classes, and what exatly has Ginn missed to this point, 4 to 8 days? Gotta love Pat and Bill fans constantly looking to find problems with every team but their own.

SABURZFAN
06-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I think every quote posted in this thread from a Dolphin player is bogus BS

of course you do. :rolleyes:

feelthepain
06-07-2007, 10:19 PM
of course you do. :rolleyes:

and ofcourse you don't. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
06-07-2007, 10:32 PM
and ofcourse you don't. :rolleyes:

1. NE39 is a highly credible poster who isn't a Bills fan.that's more than i can say for you.

2. NE39 has provided a link to back up the thread he has started.

i can keep going on with the comparisons if you like.............

POST EDITED. ATTACK THE POST NOT THE POSTER.

feelthepain
06-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Post Edited.

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I think you are incorrect FTP since there is another thread I started where Holiday is trying to say it was taken out of context though he admitted saying it

SABURZFAN
06-07-2007, 10:49 PM
And if you had a brain, you'd scare people.

Post Edited.

SABURZFAN
06-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I think you are incorrect FTP

why is that not surprising?

thecoordinator
06-07-2007, 11:12 PM
apparently the players have yet to receive cam's message that we didn't just draft ginn with the #9 pick, we drafted the entire ginn family. obviously the ginn family has a significantly higher value to an nfl organization than the quinn family, making ginn the no-brainer pick, not quinn. *$&@ are they gonna feel stupid when they find out about this...

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 11:19 PM
:goodpost:

Michael82
06-08-2007, 01:39 AM
apparently the players have yet to receive cam's message that we didn't just draft ginn with the #9 pick, we drafted the entire ginn family. obviously the ginn family has a significantly higher value to an nfl organization than the quinn family, making ginn the no-brainer pick, not quinn. *$&@ are they gonna feel stupid when they find out about this...
:rofl: :rofl:

Meathead
06-08-2007, 02:18 AM
i just think it would be prudent to not mix entertainment with mistreating humans

although you could say being a bills fan lately is cruel and inhumane punishment

being a fish fan would be full blown torture

oh crap i just did it too

!Papacrunk!
06-08-2007, 07:18 AM
which explains why you're currently shaking like a blind ****** at a weenie roast.i can feelthetrembling.

so using the word f***ET is ok on this board. I guess it is since I've seen it numerous times on this site and nothing is done about it.
What a way to spread the hate, real classy

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Ok Kids.

Attack the posts, not the posters.

Also, while you are at it, attack all Dolphins players, coaches, management, owners, janitors as well as their wives.

Just be nice to one another.

Tatonka
06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
you have a link on that "guys like chambers" who were pushing for ginn?

feelthepain
06-08-2007, 07:47 AM
you have a link on that "guys like chambers" who were pushing for ginn?

Ginn and Chambers are cousins. It's also been reported that Ginn has been on the Dolphins radar for a couple of years.

SABURZFAN
06-08-2007, 05:58 PM
so using the word f***ET is ok on this board. I guess it is since I've seen it numerous times on this site and nothing is done about it.
What a way to spread the hate, real classy

i'm not spreading the hate.i'm spreading the truth.every word i said about him i sincerely mean too.it's a tough gig to actually say what other posters here want to say but take the high road.

POST EDITED.

SABURZFAN
06-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Ginn and Chambers are cousins. It's also been reported that Ginn has been on the Dolphins radar for a couple of years.

link..........

!Papacrunk!
06-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't know where FTP got the cousins thing from, but they are friends from the Ohio area, Chambers was good friends with the Ginn family:

Chambers -- who played two years of high school football for Ginn's father (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070429/SPORTS/704290342/1002/SPORTS) -- gave it his stamp of approval."I think it's an excellent choice for us," Chambers said Saturday. "Of course, I know Ted, so it's a lot easier for me to say that. Knowing him through the years, I know what type of guy he is. I know what type of player he is. I know what he brings to the table.

SABURZFAN
06-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't know where FTP got the cousins thing from, but they are friends from the Ohio area, Chambers was good friends with the Ginn family:

thanks for the link. :up:

you taking notes FTP?