• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Even the Dolphin's players can't believe they picked Ginn over Quinn

From SI's Michael Silver:

Originally posted by Vonnie Holliday
    With the ninth pick they took a guy who is basically a kick returner -- a hurt kick returner. Here were are in June, and he hasn't been in camp yet. Maybe he'll come in eventually and become a better route-runner and make some plays. But I couldn't believe it then, and I can't believe it now.
    Originally posted by Jason Taylor
    It didn't help that Taylor, appearing as a call-in guest on a Miami radio station minutes before the selection, had proclaimed that selecting Quinn was "a no-brainer" -- only to come off like a befuddled outsider after Roger Goodell strolled to the podium.

"You notice the commissioner kind of paused before he read the name," Taylor says. "Like even he couldn't believe it."
    Originally posted by Anonymous NFL Head Coach
    Really surprised. That's a hit-or-miss pick, at No. 9, because the foot could really be an issue.
    There's even more. Pretty funny stuff. I don't recall ever reading NFL players criticize their own team's draft picks like that. Welcome to the team, Ted.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Re: Even the Dolphin's players can't believe they picked Ginn over Quinn

Needing a young quarterback for the future, you'd think picking Quinn would've been a no-brainer," Holliday says. "I mean, the setup was perfect. It's hard enough to get the fans (in South Florida) to come to the games, and now you piss them off? But hey, they must have a plan.
    There is a ringing endorsement for the new regime.

This is funny stuff:

Ginn Jr. needs to call up Hester and thank him," Holliday says. "I guess that's what they're hoping he'll be.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

You forget to mention guys like Chambers who were pushing the Ginn pick long before the draft

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
        You forget to mention guys like Chambers who were pushing the Ginn pick long before the draft
        It wasn't in the article. These aren't my words, you should take your beef to Vonnie Holliday and Jason Taylor.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

I don't have a beef at all. Just pointing out the other side as well for fair reporting purposes

Comment

• Bling
            • Jul 2004

This might have been news 2 months ago CNN, but it's an old story now. This is like Abu Ghraib, Paris Hilton or something- I no longer care. Move on. Brady Quinn did. Ted Ginn, Jr. did. Miami fans did.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I don't have a beef at all. Just pointing out the other side as well for fair reporting purposes
              Regardless..

That's pretty crappy of team "leaders" and vets to openly question a draft pick like that.

That's far worse than anything Eric Moulds ever did.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

The last line in Holidays quote says all I need to hear "but hey, they must have a plan

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

The last line in Holidays quote says all I need to hear "but hey, they must have a plan
                  Both of our teams had plans for the last 5 years or so too. The plans sucked, but they had plans.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

New coach

New plan

New result??????????

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yeah the plan is #1 overall next year.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

won't happen MM.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Like I said, there is a ringing endorsment.

He is basically saying, "I can't figure out what they hell they are doing, but they must have something in mind."

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            Yeah the plan is #1 overall next year.
                            With the way things are going, our head-to-head matchup is going to determine that.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Just perhaps.....the coaching staff and GM don't share every day operations stuff with the entire team and ask their opinion. I am sure the Fins FO is not the only one to do business this way

Comment

Working...
                              X