PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Explains himself/back-tracks...however you want to spin it

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
"He turned it into me bashing the organization. I'm not criticizing the organization and Ginn. That's not what I did,'' Holliday said. "It was my initial shock of the selection. I'm a player. I have no idea about Ginn. There were quarterback concerns and Brady Quinn is just sitting there and I think we're picking him with the ninth pick and we don't.

"Our scouts saw that wasn't the right route.''

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-0607holliday,0,1841171.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

feldspar
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
A little PR...

We all know what he thinks.

Michael82
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
yeah we do and most of us agree with him. The Dolphins could have taken their QB of the future who will be 10x better than Beck with the 9th overall pick and drafted a good WR in the 2nd round. Instead they chose a kick returner/hurt wide receiver with the 9th pick. :rofl:

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Funny how many seem to think Beck will be better than Quinn. I for one was never sold on Quinn and had no problem taking the Buckeye in the 1st round. Time will tell. I get so tired of hearing that we passed on our "QB of the future" We may have drafted our "QB of the future. Time will tell for both Quinn and Beck if the future of their respective teams is a good future or a bad future

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Still, there is good news: ESPN's Chris Mortensen has seven coaches and GMs he consults on quarterback prospects. They've had an excellent track record of projecting greatness with him over the past decade. And most of them told him that Beck is not only better than Quinn, but that Beck is ready to be elite faster than any other quarterback in this draft."

http://www.miamiherald.com/609/story/130166.html<!-- / message -->

Mad Bomber
06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I think that Beck was a good pick up for the Fins. He has a pretty low release (he throws 3/4), so if he doesn't get good throwing lanes he's going to have a LOT of passes batted down. I'm not sold on Quinn. He's sucked in big games, and I have a feeling that this might continue in the NFL, where every game is a big game. I could be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling.

!Papacrunk!
06-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I know this is somewhat unrelated, I guess it's related in the sense of the NFL draft but Miami now has SIX of their ten draft picks signed:

The Dolphins signed defensive tackle Paul Soliai (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-606dolphinssoliai,0,4271877.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front), the fourth-round pick out of Utah, to a four-year deal, and now have just four of their 10 draft picks left to sign.Soliai, a 6-foot-4, 344-pounder, is vying for playing time with second-year defensive tackle Fred Evans in the defensive line rotation. Veteran defensive tackle Keith Traylor is the starting nose tackle. Soliai, the largest man who worked out the Indianapolis Combine where he ran a 5.1 40, notched 40 tackles, including 3.5 sacks, in two seasons at Utah.

justasportsfan
06-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I know this is somewhat unrelated, I guess it's related in the sense of the NFL draft but Miami now has SIX of their ten draft picks signed:

How many walls did he run through? :idunno:

I think someone forgot to tell Cam he's coaching miami not, hawaii. 1 more samoan and you can call them Miami 5-O

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah but they look like they can party :cheers:

justasportsfan
06-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah but they look like they can party :cheers:

yeah they can do the hula before a game. That should intimidate their opponents :rolleyes: teal and orange would look perfect on those diapers.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/Ricjon69/victory.jpg

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Would create a false sense of security in their opponent before they lay a samoan smackdown on them :idunno:

Bling
06-07-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah we do and most of us agree with him. The Dolphins could have taken their QB of the future who will be 10x better than Beck with the 9th overall pick and drafted a good WR in the 2nd round. Instead they chose a kick returner/hurt wide receiver with the 9th pick. :rofl:

I'm curious what was Beck's number in college?

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 08:25 PM

Bling
06-07-2007, 08:27 PM

I was making the point that he never watched Beck play in college. I didn't even know he existed till draft time. Neither did you. Neither did anybody on this site. So how can you judge who's going to be better between Quinn and Beck.

!Papacrunk!
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
How many walls did he run through? :idunno:

I think someone forgot to tell Cam he's coaching miami not, hawaii. 1 more samoan and you can call them Miami 5-O

The wall thing was just silly fun, I think anyone could've ran through that wall in particular. I like that Cameron is bringing a family atmosphere and already has shown that with a lot of cuts and additions. (ummmmmmm Porter is the guy that is the team player, he had his buddies help in their team building exercise)

...Cam Cameron has repeatedly stressed character, family and values as a major part of his selection process.

Perhaps that explains why Cameron and General Manager Randy Mueller brought in four Samoan players via the Polynesian Pipeline in renovating the Dolphins' roster.
"They're all different. Their families are different. But what we have seen in these guys is that spirit, that spirit of enthusiasm, that pride," Cameron said. "When they step on the football field, they know they represent someone bigger than themselves, and that's important. We believe in that." Athletic talent and 'a special spirit' set Dolphins Samoan rookies apart (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spsamoans11may11,0,4498290.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front)

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I was making the point that he never watched Beck play in college. I didn't even know he existed till draft time. Neither did you. Neither did anybody on this site. So how can you judge who's going to be better between Quinn and Beck.I saw a couple BYU games

patmoran2006
06-07-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.thesportshernia.com/basketball/images/cheeksunderbus.jpg

feelthepain
06-07-2007, 10:15 PM

Quinn 10x better then Beck? More wishful thinking then fact, where was Quinn drafted? How many teams passed on him in the top 10? If Quinn were as good as you claim why did the Lions, Vikes, Redskins, Dolphins, Browns and Bucs all pass on him in the top 10? Obviously you think he's more valuable then the the people that actually do the player interviews, scouting and workouts. Your post is an obvious attempt to insult nothing more as usual.

This from Chris Mortenson:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen has seven coaches and GMs he consults on quarterback prospects. They've had an excellent track record of projecting greatness with him over the past decade. And most of them told him that Beck is not only better than Quinn, but that Beck is ready to be elite faster than any other quarterback in this draft.

LtFinFan66
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
http://www.thesportshernia.com/basketball/images/cheeksunderbus.jpgWho is that under the bus Pat? Not Ginn :idunno:

patmoran2006
06-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Who is that under the bus Pat? Not Ginn :idunno:
Listen.. I am as unbiased as it gets on this board, and even if I'm not popular I think that's widely accepted.

I give Miami credit when it's due. I actually like the Porter signing. I think Trent Green was a good trade.

They do still have a good defense, though guys like Taylor, Holliday and Thomas are quickly getting old (Porter) too.

But drafting Ginn was absolutely SENSELESS to me. I dont think he was one of the top 4 WR's in the draft. How could you NOT take a franchise QB like Quinn given the rock history post-Marino?

But that's irrelevent. But what does matter is that certain "vets" on your team are talking **** about the Ginn pick, publicly. Im sure this happens on EVERY team.. but not publicly.

That's just total **** to me. Not the way you want to build a team.

Miami has a LONG way to go, these vets should seriously shut their mouths.

In all due respect, by the time Miami is ready to contend again, they're going to have to start over on defense; because the vets I mentioned are going to be too old.

I am very hard on Buffalo and get a lot of **** for it. I think this front office sucks, but not half as much as our owner.

BUT.. Buffalo's future is looking alot brighter than Miami's. IMO

Carlton Bailey
06-08-2007, 10:34 AM
The Dolphins organization totally didn't tell Holliday to backtrack, either.

Sarcasm is awesome.

Jeff1220
06-08-2007, 10:43 AM
The pick was surprising, that's for sure, but as much as I'd like to bash the Dolphins for it I won't. Beck could easily turn out to be a star at QB, while Ginn and Chambers become perfect compliments. I remember a smallish WR picked at #13 a few years back, at the time was considered a reach, and the team had QB concerns (that were addressed later in the same draft). The WR is now a legit player on the verge of stardom, while the QB is progressing nicely. I can't say the same won't happpen for the Dolphins just because I despise their team.

feelthepain
06-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Listen.. I am as unbiased as it gets on this board, and even if I'm not popular I think that's widely accepted.

I give Miami credit when it's due. I actually like the Porter signing. I think Trent Green was a good trade.

They do still have a good defense, though guys like Taylor, Holliday and Thomas are quickly getting old (Porter) too.

But drafting Ginn was absolutely SENSELESS to me. I dont think he was one of the top 4 WR's in the draft. How could you NOT take a franchise QB like Quinn given the rock history post-Marino?

But that's irrelevent. But what does matter is that certain "vets" on your team are talking **** about the Ginn pick, publicly. Im sure this happens on EVERY team.. but not publicly.

That's just total **** to me. Not the way you want to build a team.

Miami has a LONG way to go, these vets should seriously shut their mouths.

In all due respect, by the time Miami is ready to contend again, they're going to have to start over on defense; because the vets I mentioned are going to be too old.

I am very hard on Buffalo and get a lot of **** for it. I think this front office sucks, but not half as much as our owner.

BUT.. Buffalo's future is looking alot brighter than Miami's. IMO

I seriously wish I knew where this "long way to go" thinking is coming from. We were 20th overall on offense with Joey Harrington and MM. We added Beck and Green to the QB position and Cam to the OC are seriously trying to express your opinion that these are not upgrades to the offense? You're saying we are worsr then a 20th ranked offense with those additions? Also you act as if there is no chance in hell Ginn contributes to the offense this year. You hoinestly believe Maimi could use speed at the WO position? Even if they only throw the ball to him 3 tmes a game his speed will force the defense to play deeper opening up the running lanes.

Honestly, I think you're going out of your way not to see upgrades to the Dolphins offense. We also added Schlesinger for better blocking and Martin for better pass catching and more speed at the TE position. Miami's Oline gave up less sacks then the Bills last year and after Daunte was taken out of the lineup we only gave up 21 sacks in 12 games. Miami upgraded their Oline this offseason too, so between the speed added, the better playcalling, the upgrades to the QB position, the upgrade to the fullback and TE psotions you can't see any improvements to this offense?? But the Bills add Dockery and they are better???

Obviously Our Defense is outstanding so that means if we can just improve on the offensive production we would imporve easily, correct?? I think if you choose to not see improvement that's up to you, but Miami has made some serious changes to their offense, far more then Buffalo and Buffalo had one oif the worst offenses in the league last year. So if you see imporvement for your offense and even if you don't, but don't see it for Miami's, I think you know that has to show your bias.

feelthepain
06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
The pick was surprising, that's for sure, but as much as I'd like to bash the Dolphins for it I won't. Beck could easily turn out to be a star at QB, while Ginn and Chambers become perfect compliments. I remember a smallish WR picked at #13 a few years back, at the time was considered a reach, and the team had QB concerns (that were addressed later in the same draft). The WR is now a legit player on the verge of stardom, while the QB is progressing nicely. I can't say the same won't happpen for the Dolphins just because I despise their team.

See, this is how a post should read. Neither bashing nor glowing. Just wait and see.

madness
06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Who is that under the bus Pat? Not Ginn :idunno:

lol, that's Maurice Cheeks!