X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Holiday Explains himself/back-tracks...however you want to spin it

"He turned it into me bashing the organization. I'm not criticizing the organization and Ginn. That's not what I did,'' Holliday said. "It was my initial shock of the selection. I'm a player. I have no idea about Ginn. There were quarterback concerns and Brady Quinn is just sitting there and I think we're picking him with the ninth pick and we don't.

"Our scouts saw that wasn't the right route.''

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: Holiday Explains himself/back-tracks...however you want to spin it

A little PR...

We all know what he thinks.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

yeah we do and most of us agree with him. The Dolphins could have taken their QB of the future who will be 10x better than Beck with the 9th overall pick and drafted a good WR in the 2nd round. Instead they chose a kick returner/hurt wide receiver with the 9th pick.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

Funny how many seem to think Beck will be better than Quinn. I for one was never sold on Quinn and had no problem taking the Buckeye in the 1st round. Time will tell. I get so tired of hearing that we passed on our "QB of the future" We may have drafted our "QB of the future. Time will tell for both Quinn and Beck if the future of their respective teams is a good future or a bad future

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

Still, there is good news: ESPN's Chris Mortensen has seven coaches and GMs he consults on quarterback prospects. They've had an excellent track record of projecting greatness with him over the past decade. And most of them told him that Beck is not only better than Quinn, but that Beck is ready to be elite faster than any other quarterback in this draft."

http://www.miamiherald.com/609/story/130166.html

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

I think that Beck was a good pick up for the Fins. He has a pretty low release (he throws 3/4), so if he doesn't get good throwing lanes he's going to have a LOT of passes batted down. I'm not sold on Quinn. He's sucked in big games, and I have a feeling that this might continue in the NFL, where every game is a big game. I could be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
              • Mar 2004

I know this is somewhat unrelated, I guess it's related in the sense of the NFL draft but Miami now has SIX of their ten draft picks signed:
              The Dolphins signed defensive tackle Paul Soliai, the fourth-round pick out of Utah, to a four-year deal, and now have just four of their 10 draft picks left to sign.Soliai, a 6-foot-4, 344-pounder, is vying for playing time with second-year defensive tackle Fred Evans in the defensive line rotation. Veteran defensive tackle Keith Traylor is the starting nose tackle. Soliai, the largest man who worked out the Indianapolis Combine where he ran a 5.1 40, notched 40 tackles, including 3.5 sacks, in two seasons at Utah.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                I know this is somewhat unrelated, I guess it's related in the sense of the NFL draft but Miami now has SIX of their ten draft picks signed:

How many walls did he run through?

I think someone forgot to tell Cam he's coaching miami not, hawaii. 1 more samoan and you can call them Miami 5-O
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Yeah but they look like they can party

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    Yeah but they look like they can party

yeah they can do the hula before a game. That should intimidate their opponents teal and orange would look perfect on those diapers.

sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Would create a false sense of security in their opponent before they lay a samoan smackdown on them

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        yeah we do and most of us agree with him. The Dolphins could have taken their QB of the future who will be 10x better than Beck with the 9th overall pick and drafted a good WR in the 2nd round. Instead they chose a kick returner/hurt wide receiver with the 9th pick.
                        I'm curious what was Beck's number in college?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                            I was making the point that he never watched Beck play in college. I didn't even know he existed till draft time. Neither did you. Neither did anybody on this site. So how can you judge who's going to be better between Quinn and Beck.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              How many walls did he run through?

I think someone forgot to tell Cam he's coaching miami not, hawaii. 1 more samoan and you can call them Miami 5-O
                              The wall thing was just silly fun, I think anyone could've ran through that wall in particular. I like that Cameron is bringing a family atmosphere and already has shown that with a lot of cuts and additions. (ummmmmmm Porter is the guy that is the team player, he had his buddies help in their team building exercise)
                              ...Cam Cameron has repeatedly stressed character, family and values as a major part of his selection process.

Perhaps that explains why Cameron and General Manager Randy Mueller brought in four Samoan players via the Polynesian Pipeline in renovating the Dolphins' roster.
                              "They're all different. Their families are different. But what we have seen in these guys is that spirit, that spirit of enthusiasm, that pride," Cameron said. "When they step on the football field, they know they represent someone bigger than themselves, and that's important. We believe in that."
                              Athletic talent and 'a special spirit' set Dolphins Samoan rookies apart

Comment

Working...
                              X