PDA

View Full Version : McGahee at it again

The King
06-08-2007, 07:49 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/06/07/bc.fbn.ravens.mcgahee.ap/index.html

"I can't wait. The last time I was this excited about a season was when I got to start in college."

He's a sniffling little *****.

casdhf
06-08-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm sure Ray Lewis will keep his mind where it belongs. That or the pair will go on an awesome murdering spree.

Jan Reimers
06-08-2007, 07:55 AM
The article says he's a "slashing runner and a threat as a receiver." Who does the author have him mixed up with?

Anyway, Baltimore IS the perfect place for him. They have about as many loud- mouthed punks as any team in the league.

SquishDaFish
06-08-2007, 08:03 AM
:oj:

madness
06-08-2007, 08:29 AM
The article says he's a "slashing runner and a threat as a receiver." Who does the author have him mixed up with?

Anyway, Baltimore IS the perfect place for him. They have about as many loud- mouthed punks as any team in the league.

The author's words were obviously twisted by his editing team...

His orginal words were that McGahee is a "horizontal slashing runner and a threat as a receiver of multiple STD's."

Wys Guy
06-08-2007, 08:35 AM

Well, you hit the nail right on the head Jan. McGahee is a "slashing runner and threat as a receiver," and more. Just ask him.

Should be an interesting side story this season. Let me know if you make it to Baltimore for a game, I'd meet ya there. We can get tix in the lots for half likely.

justasportsfan
06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm sure Ray Lewis will keep his mind where it belongs. That or the pair will go on an awesome murdering spree.
Ray who? He can only do so much. He's got his own problems tryng to be the lb he once was.

The best rb in the NFL will be back to his usual self, taking plays off here and there.

bigbub2352
06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Ignorance

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Why worry about what Mcgahee says or does.

Pride
06-08-2007, 08:51 AM
I stopped reading at the "Unlike Lewis, McGahee is a slashing runner and a threat as a receiver."

Earthquake Enyart
06-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Wonder what they'll do when they see that Willis' longest run is shorter than Lewis'.

JJamezz
06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I think they think if they say this stuff enough, it'll come true..

I watched some of the PC when he signed, and almost fell out of my chair when they started talking about how great of a blocker he is!

camelcowboy
06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Does anyone really think that the person doing the interview had any idea what he was saying? I swear finger painting 101 has to be a class at miami university.

gil
06-08-2007, 09:30 AM
It's amazing how this guy's college reputation carries over into the NFL. McGahee stopped being a slashing runner and threatening receiver the day his knee was blown out. The problem is, Willis never came to grips with that reality and thought he could still dance, and boy did he try.

Mahdi
06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
The truth about McGahee's situation is that he really can do well in Baltimore because considering the all the vets on the roster who expect playoffs every year they wont let him dog it. He might actually have a good year. But in the spirit of this thread..... McGahee sucks.

Night Train
06-08-2007, 09:42 AM

That's what I find humorous. It just goes to show how much the national media actually knows about many teams. That's our fault, I suppose, for not being a winner and getting multiple national games.

Still,they write these reports as if they're passing along definitive information about players. McGahee is an inconsistent blocker with little to offer in the receiving game. He hesitated badly at the line of scrimmage the last 2 years, costing us valuable yardage.

Yet to read the national outlets he hits the line flying, has a great all around game and is a big time star. On what planet is this happening ?

I feel so much better about our RB situation now.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
The truth about McGahee's situation is that he really can do well in Baltimore because considering the all the vets on the roster who expect playoffs every year they wont let him dog it. He might actually have a good year. But in the spirit of this thread..... McGahee sucks.
Agreed. Barring injury he will probably have his best season as a pro and I am fine with that. I hope we shut him down when they come to town though.

patmoran2006
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
I been hard on the Bills, and for good reason in my mind.

But trading this kid is one thing I am glad we did.

For us, Lynch and Wright is going to be a much more consistently productive backfield; and not just against the Jets.

McGahee will put up better numbers in Baltimore i'm sure, but they're fooling themselves if they think they got a franchise back.. They got a franchise NAME, that's it. I saw one of the ESPN jerkoffs yesterday on Sportscenter and he called the McGahee move one of the best three offseason moves in the NFL. LOL

By the way. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis don't play on the OL. Their OL is in no better shape than ours, some may argue worse given that Ogden is almost done and they'll have two new starters. NOt to mention the Raven's arent' stacked with WR's to make other teams respect the run.

This guy is an AVERAGE RB who runs his mouth like he's LT or LJ, and I would say I hope he gets hurt, but I want him healthy when we play them.

Bert102176
06-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I can't wait for that game it's my b-day that day and me and 4 of my best friends will be there

Throne Logic
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
The only thing that I might miss from McGahee is that devistating stiff arm. Too bad he couldn't get through the holes or around the corners consistently enough to use it more often.

Carlton Bailey
06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
McGahee's not an upgrade from Lewis at all. They're the same back -- slow, not multidimensional, can't hit a hole. Enjoy, Baltimore. That team is going to be bad this year, in my opinion. That 15-6 loss to Indy was the beginning of the end.

feldspar
06-08-2007, 03:14 PM
I like this quote:

"McGahee's locker is next to Reed's, and recently the running back has seen more of Lewis than his own family."

This means that McGahee is not spending time with his 23 illegitimate children? What a shocker. He's not spending time with his various throwaway hos? Damn.

Anyway, where was this team player mentality in Buffalo? What a *****.

Did anybody else see the irony of McGahee's choosing the same number as our own Marshawn Lynch? They are both #23.

Mad Bomber
06-08-2007, 03:18 PM
McGahee is a douchebag. Good riddance.
I'm still pissed that we drafted him instead of Dallas Clark....who BTW went with the VERY next pick to the Colts. How would our TE situation be if we would have drafted him????

losman420
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
wouldn't it be great if the Bills and the Ravens met in the wildcard and we mopped the floor with them.

Night Train
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm still pissed that we drafted him instead of Dallas Clark....who BTW went with the VERY next pick to the Colts. How would our TE situation be if we would have drafted him????

Couldn't agree more. That's exactly who I wanted. Oh well.

Maybe Everett is finally coming around. The OTA reports on him are quite encouraging. Imagine if he can actually give us something, along with promising RB's Lynch & Wright catching swing passes ? ( drool ).

Risin
06-08-2007, 04:20 PM

I wanted Clark too, but in hindsight Larry Johnson woulda been my pick.

feelthepain
06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/06/07/bc.fbn.ravens.mcgahee.ap/index.html

"I can't wait. The last time I was this excited about a season was when I got to start in college."

He's a sniffling little *****.

So what you're saying is, football fans can *****, moan and whine when their team doesn't win, they can call players out and trash them whenever they want. They can trash the FO and insult them at will, without every playing a down of pro football, but a player who puts his body on the line, knows far more then the fans whats really going on with the team and FO, actually takes the field and plays, is not allowed to say a word? Gotta love "hollier then thou" football fans.

I think Willis has more of a right to vent then the fans.....by far! If Daunte gets to another team and has less then kind things to say about the Dolphins, I'll be ok with it cause he's knows more about his situatiuon with the Dolphins then the fans and he didn't do nearly as much for the Dolphins as Willis did for the Bills.

Devin
06-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Willis is gone so I dont care what he says/does. Whether he runs for 200 yards or 2000 hes not a Bill anymore im truly indifferent.

That being said we own Baltimores 3rd rounder so id like them to lose as many games as possible.

I wasnt a huge fan of his, but this is the game. People come and go and players often have big mouths. It will continue to happen.

bflojohn
06-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah, feelthepain, the front office made him as dumb as a shoe box and his signals from the sidelines because he could digest a playbook is PERFECTLY UNDERSTANDABLE, right? The sentiment of 99% of Buffalo Bills fans SCREAM good riddance, but you have the audacity to spew this drivel.... GET A CLUE!! He is what he is.... a one wheeled, poor recieving, poor blocking, can't read the playbook, greatest running back to EVER PLAY THE GAME! Defend away, and good luck with that MINORITY VIEW. Willis McGahee, in MANY ways is the epitome of what is wrong with athletes today.

feelthepain
06-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, feelthepain, the front office made him as dumb as a shoe box and his signals from the sidelines because he could digest a playbook is PERFECTLY UNDERSTANDABLE, right? The sentiment of 99% of Buffalo Bills fans SCREAM good riddance, but you have the audacity to spew this drivel.... GET A CLUE!! He is what he is.... a one wheeled, poor recieving, poor blocking, can't read the playbook, greatest running back to EVER PLAY THE GAME! Defend away, and good luck with that MINORITY VIEW. Willis McGahee, in MANY ways is the epitome of what is wrong with athletes today.

Yeah and what exactly do you contribute to the teams success?? Nothing but an opinion, wow you must be exhausted!!

SABuffalo786
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Who?

Confused
06-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I used to love him. he never became the star he was touted to be, he used the bills and there fans and now Im glad he is gone. thank god he didnt knock me up.

feldspar
06-09-2007, 02:55 AM
So what you're saying is, football fans can *****, moan and whine when their team doesn't win, they can call players out and trash them whenever they want. They can trash the FO and insult them at will, without every playing a down of pro football, but a player who puts his body on the line, knows far more then the fans whats really going on with the team and FO, actually takes the field and plays, is not allowed to say a word? Gotta love "hollier then thou" football fans.

I think Willis has more of a right to vent then the fans.....by far!

Can you see the difference between a player and a fan?

One gets paid an outrageous amount of money to play the game. The other pays their heart-earned money to see that player play football. Willis is ignorant. Taking a crap on the city and team you play for is just biting the hand that feeds you. It's not professional, and it's not right. It has nothing to do with being "holier than thou" and everything to do with demanding to get what you paid for. Or, at the very least, demanding not to be insulted by the guy whose salary you contribute to. Willis is a millionaire because of us, you know.

POST EDITED. ATTACK THE POST NOT THE POSTER.

kernowboy
06-09-2007, 04:29 AM
Clark, Larry Johnson, hell I'd have taken Jason Witten ahead of McGahee in 2003

feelthepain
06-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Can you see the difference between a player and a fan?

One gets paid an outrageous amount of money to play the game. The other pays their heart-earned money to see that player play football. Willis is ignorant. So are you. Taking a crap on the city and team you play for is just biting the hand that feeds you. It's not professional, and it's not right. It has nothing to do with being "holier than thou" and everything to do with demanding to get what you paid for. Or, at the very least, demanding not to be insulted by the guy whose salary you contribute to. Willis is a millionaire because of us, you know.

So you're saying fans have an excuse, but players don't? It doesn't work that way. If you're entitled to voice your opinion so is anyone else. Don't get on some high horse and act like Willis did something wrong when NFL fans go around trashing the teams, players, owners and coaching staff all the time. I've seen several of Willis's statments since he left Buffalo and he's never really trashed the Bills, more or less just saying he likes where he is now better. He feels the situation in Baltimore is better in his opinion. I don't consider that trashing or disrespecting the Bills.

justasportsfan
06-09-2007, 11:46 AM
So you're saying fans have an excuse, but players don't? It doesn't work that way. If you're entitled to voice your opinion so is anyone else. Don't get on some high horse and act like Willis did something wrong when NFL fans go around trashing the teams, players, owners and coaching staff all the time. I've seen several of Willis's statments since he left Buffalo and he's never really trashed the Bills, more or less just saying he likes where he is now better. He feels the situation in Baltimore is better in his opinion. I don't consider that trashing or disrespecting the Bills.
Dear Daunte,

I'm gonna miss you :smooch:

Love,

FTP

:roflmao:

feldspar
06-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Look, dude. I agree that people overreact every time Willis opens his mouth when he starts to talk about how much he likes it in Baltimore. I agree that he is not trashing Buffalo every time he says that Baltimore is so great. But the truth of the matter is that Willis DID trash the team, the city, and even the women in Buffalo. He said it was a good idea for the Bills to move to Toronto. He also didn't bother to learn the playbook, so he didn't know his blocking assignments. And he never came to the city of Buffalo unless he absolutely had to. Then he adds fuel to the fire by fathering 3 different children from 3 different women within 3 years, generating 3 different lawsuits. But that's o.k. because these things come in threes, right? He goes around claiming to be the best running back in the league?

Can you see why Bills fans just don't like the guy? He didn't put forth the effort he seems to be making in Baltimore, and I resent him for that. Sure, he has every right to say whatever he wants within reason. But we, as Bills fans, have every right to hate him if we so choose. He can say whatever he wants, but we have every right to dislike him as well. Seriously, even though he can say what he wants, he certainly is pretty Fing stupid to say some of the things he says. Just plain dumb as a rock. He's pretty much asked for the animosity that he is getting from Bills fans.

If you can't see the difference between football fans and football players voicing their opinions, I can't help you. For example, it's common for a fan to say that such and such a player sucks balls, but a player had better not say that. Do you really think that the players should not be held to a higher standard than the fans? Really? I'm really, really glad this guy is off our team. I wouldn't want him back in Buffalo if he played for free. Don't forget that that the Bills organization took a big chance on him after his injury. I don't recall McGahee ever thanking the organization for all it has done for him...we drafted him in the first round and kept him on the bench for a whole year. Then we cut our Pro Bowl running back for him. And this is the thanks we get?

feelthepain
06-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Look, dude. I agree that people overreact every time Willis opens his mouth when he starts to talk about how much he likes it in Baltimore. I agree that he is not trashing Buffalo every time he says that Baltimore is so great. But the truth of the matter is that Willis DID trash the team, the city, and even the women in Buffalo. He said it was a good idea for the Bills to move to Toronto. He also didn't bother to learn the playbook, so he didn't know his blocking assignments. And he never came to the city of Buffalo unless he absolutely had to. Then he adds fuel to the fire by fathering 3 different children from 3 different women within 3 years, generating 3 different lawsuits. But that's o.k. because these things come in threes, right? He goes around claiming to be the best running back in the league?

Can you see why Bills fans just don't like the guy? He didn't put forth the effort he seems to be making in Baltimore, and I resent him for that. Sure, he has every right to say whatever he wants within reason. But we, as Bills fans, have every right to hate him if we so choose. He can say whatever he wants, but we have every right to dislike him as well. Seriously, even though he can say what he wants, he certainly is pretty Fing stupid to say some of the things he says. Just plain dumb as a rock. He's pretty much asked for the animosity that he is getting from Bills fans.

If you can't see the difference between football fans and football players voicing their opinions, I can't help you. For example, it's common for a fan to say that such and such a player sucks balls, but a player had better not say that. Do you really think that the players should not be held to a higher standard than the fans? Really? I'm really, really glad this guy is off our team. I wouldn't want him back in Buffalo if he played for free. Don't forget that that the Bills organization took a big chance on him after his injury. I don't recall McGahee ever thanking the organization for all it has done for him...we drafted him in the first round and kept him on the bench for a whole year. Then we cut our Pro Bowl running back for him. And this is the thanks we get?

I could care less how much Bill fans hate Willis or why. My point is don't be upset or cry about what Willis says then trun around and do the same thing. If the Bill fans or football fans in general were never hateful and insulting when things didn'ty go their way, but the players were always talking trash, then yes you'd have have a legit reason to complain. But the fact of the matter is the fans are worse then the players most of the time. As a fan you can't trash talk whomever you wish, then cry when you get it back, that's being two faced. Bill fans are as guilty as anyone when it comes to trash talking present and former players and staff.

feldspar
06-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I could care less how much Bill fans hate Willis or why. My point is don't be upset or cry about what Willis says then trun around and do the same thing. If the Bill fans or football fans in general were never hateful and insulting when things didn'ty go their way, but the players were always talking trash, then yes you'd have have a legit reason to complain. But the fact of the matter is the fans are worse then the players most of the time. As a fan you can't trash talk whomever you wish, then cry when you get it back, that's being two faced. Bill fans are as guilty as anyone when it comes to trash talking present and former players and staff.

He started it...

Not many people trashed Willis until he trashed us.

Who is crying here, and why aren't you on the Dolphin's message board? Noone to talk to there? There is no reason to talk to you because you really don't get it.

Do you think that Bills fans attack McGahee for no reason?

Do you think that fans consider players on their team to be just like any guy on the street?

We happen to have a reason to trash Willis, while he has no reason to trash us. That's how I see it.

feelthepain
06-09-2007, 09:40 PM
He started it...

Not many people trashed Willis until he trashed us.

Who is crying here, and why aren't you on the Dolphin's message board? Noone to talk to there? There is no reason to talk to you because you really don't get it.

Do you think that Bills fans attack McGahee for no reason?

Do you think that fans consider players on their team to be just like any guy on the street?

We happen to have a reason to trash Willis, while he has no reason to trash us. That's how I see it.

I understand you love your team....as you should. It really doesn't matter who started it, don't contribute and move on, I'm not talking about (you personally) just generalizing. You have to understand the players usually have to deal with more BS then the fans do. The players are almost always the ones that get screwed the most, so naturally they will complain. I gotta tell ya though, I don't remember hearing too many bad words from previous players of the Dolphins, but it seems like Bill players and fans complain more. I think you have to consider RW's lack of spending in recent years has a little to do with that. Players are unhappy, leading to less then enthusiastic performances, leading to unhappy fans, leading to complaining. It's a vicious cycle.

SABURZFAN
06-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Dear Daunte,

I'm gonna miss you :smooch:

Love,

FTP

:roflmao:

:laughter:

mybills
06-10-2007, 07:31 AM

How 'bout when you got drafted despite your bum leg?

Mad Bomber
06-10-2007, 06:02 PM

How 'bout when you got drafted despite your bum leg?
:bf1: