PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports Power Rankings

Jeff1220
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
the #21 spot is about right, but the positive comments surprised me.

21. Buffalo Bills — That Sabres' Eastern Conference finals elimination sure bummed out the Buffalo sports fan base. Now, if only Chris Drury could play some linebacker. All kidding aside, there's actually a ton of optimism out in Buffalo for the 2007 Bills. Rightfully so. J.P. Losman is now embarking upon his fourth year in the NFL and with rookie Trent Edwards now backing him up, will be expected to step up and perform. He should. Losman's got one of the best young receivers in the game in Lee Evans to play catch with and the offensive line is one of the better units in the AFC. Buffalo had a fabulous draft as well, scooping up top collegiate performers Marshawn Lynch, Paul Posluszny, Trent Edwards, and safety Jon Wendling in April. However, for all the glorious additions this off-season, there are notable subtractions from last year's team as well. Willis McGahee, Takeo Spikes, and London Fletcher-Baker are now gone, and if recently acquired DT Darwin Walker doesn't show up to camp by Aug. 5 — he goes back to the Eagles for a future sixth-round pick. The Bills are one of the more exciting young teams in the league. They're also in one of the toughest divisions with one of the toughest schedules. At best, they're a long shot for a wild-card spot.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6897650

raphael120
06-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Well if we barely miss the playoffs, at least we're a really young team barely missing instead of a half-old team barely missing the playoffs.

I still say we have a shot for the playoffs if everything works out good...it's a long short, sure, but it's not unheard of. Look at Green Bay, they were one of the youngest teams and they went 8-8, and you can say that Brett Farve now is no better than JP last year, and JP shuold be improving.

madness
06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Well if we barely miss the playoffs, at least we're a really young team barely missing instead of a half-old team barely missing the playoffs.

I still say we have a shot for the playoffs if everything works out good...it's a long short, sure, but it's not unheard of. Look at Green Bay, they were one of the youngest teams and they went 8-8, and you can say that Brett Farve now is no better than JP last year, and JP shuold be improving.

I agree. :gobills:

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
They forgot to mention we lost Clements. Besides that, the writer almost sounds like they know what theyre talking about!

Pinkerton Security
06-08-2007, 11:06 AM

:goodpost:

OpIv37
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
They forgot to mention we lost Clements. Besides that, the writer almost sounds like they know what theyre talking about!

I noticed that myself- Clements is a bigger loss than McGahee by far, especially now that we have Lynch.

Carlton Bailey
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Nate Clements is totally going to Alexei Yashin it in San Francisco. That means he got his money, now it's time to go in the tank.

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I noticed that myself- Clements is a bigger loss than McGahee by far, especially now that we have Lynch.

exactly. and considering the media is all over SF's junk about picking up the suppposed best CB in the league and making him the highest paid player, ya might wanna mention we're the ones who lost him. unless that is, the writer feels like some on here that Clements was overrated and wont be that significant of a loss.

OpIv37
06-08-2007, 11:54 AM
exactly. and considering the media is all over SF's junk about picking up the suppposed best CB in the league and making him the highest paid player, ya might wanna mention we're the ones who lost him. unless that is, the writer feels like some on here that Clements was overrated and wont be that significant of a loss.

I think Clements is overrated and I'm glad we didn't give him $80 million because he's not worth anywhere close to that amount, but he's still a good player. If we had replaced him in the off-season or if Youboty got more playing time last year, I could see maybe saying that it wasn't a significant loss, but our CB's are, to put it mildly, unproven at this point. We're going to miss him, at least initially.

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Nate Clements is totally going to Alexei Yashin it in San Francisco. That means he got his money, now it's time to go in the tank.

Chris Chambers agrees

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I think Clements is overrated and I'm glad we didn't give him $80 million because he's not worth anywhere close to that amount, but he's still a good player. If we had replaced him in the off-season or if Youboty got more playing time last year, I could see maybe saying that it wasn't a significant loss, but our CB's are, to put it mildly, unproven at this point. We're going to miss him, at least initially.

exactly. he was better than anything we have now, but still completely overrated.

Saratoga Slim
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM

That was a good article, its fun to see some optimism from the national media.

But you're right Op, there's no way we don't miss Clements at least a little bit. he's not worth what SF paid him, but he's still a good player.

Mad Bomber
06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree totally. Clements will be missed. McGahee will be forgotten - at least until Baltimore comes to town. I might have to try to make that game; I'd LOVE to be at the Ralph to see the reaction he gets. Let's just hope he doesn't get motivated like he did against the Jets...

ParanoidAndroid
06-08-2007, 03:21 PM
The OL is one of the better units in the AFC? Wow. I don't know that anyone can say that just yet.

shelby
06-08-2007, 03:23 PM
i love being a long shot!:jig:

Mad Bomber
06-08-2007, 03:23 PM
The OL is one of the better units in the AFC? Wow. I don't know that anyone can say that just yet.
On paper...let's see it on the field.

BILLSROCK1212
06-08-2007, 05:42 PM
they righter is 100% accurate except he didn't mention that we lost Clements. He also did fail to mention that we have pretty much failed at trying to find a replacement for Clements