PDA

View Full Version : Spikes focused on playoffs for Eagles

Ickybaluky
06-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Pretty good article on TKO, from Bob Ford of the Philadelphia Inquirer:

LINK (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/bob_ford/20070608_Bob_Ford___On_the_Prowl.html)

gr8slayer
06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
They can have him and his fake achilles.

patmoran2006
06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
I think he's going to have a very big year for Philly.

gr8slayer
06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I think he's going to have a very big year for Philly.
He better with all the talent around him on that Defense. They have the deepest DL in the entire league and have a very above average LB corps outside of Spikes.

patmoran2006
06-08-2007, 10:52 AM
So when Spikes has a big year is that going to be the excuse?

ITs only because he has talent around him, just like Lance Briggs in Chicago?

Jeff1220
06-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I hope Spikes tears it up in Philly. Yeah, it would suck to see that we gave away a guy who is still playing good ball, but I'd hate to see a guy with the talent and fire that Spikes has end up with an injury being the undoing of his career. He is a fun player to watch and root for.

Pinkerton Security
06-08-2007, 11:05 AM
He better with all the talent around him on that Defense. They have the deepest DL in the entire league and have a very above average LB corps outside of Spikes.

Ya, Chris Gocong is awesome! way better than spikes!

Plus trotter is aging poorly.

I dont see their line as being that great, I suppose they have some depth but how good are Bunkley and Cole? not that great IMO.

Night Train
06-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I wish him nothing but the best of luck. Unfortunately, he was a shell of himself since the injury and a change was needed.

gr8slayer
06-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Ya, Chris Gocong is awesome! way better than spikes!

Plus trotter is aging poorly.

I dont see their line as being that great, I suppose they have some depth but how good are Bunkley and Cole? not that great IMO.
Gocong, statistically was one of the best pass rushers in NCAA history.

I was actually pushing for us to get him last year.

OpIv37
06-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Spikes was my favorite player in Buffalo and I have family in the Philly area, so I root for the Eagles as long as they're not playing the Bills. I hope both Spikes and the team have a great year, except for the last game of the season where I hope they completely suck.

justasportsfan
06-08-2007, 11:17 AM
he's gonna get schooled and badly beaten to a pulp by Shaud Williams. I dare him to try and tackle Parrish .

OpIv37
06-08-2007, 11:22 AM
he's gonna get schooled and badly beaten to a pulp by Shaud Williams. I dare him to try and tackle Parrish .

Spikes hitting Parrish would be like a Mack truck hitting a tricycle.

justasportsfan
06-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Spikes hitting Parrish would be like a Mack truck hitting a tricycle.
I know. I feel sorry for Spikes.

madness
06-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll root for Spikes but I'm smack dab in the middle of Tri-State so I could care less about the Eagles since I have to hear about them all the time.

I'll be rooting for McNabb to go down early and by some miracle Holcomb starts six games so we can get our 5th!

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I hope Spikes does well there. Ill applaud him anywhere he goes and wish him the best. He was one of the most hard nosed, yet well mannared player to play for the Bills. He was a genuine football player who just loved the game and loved Buffalo. Im partial to Phila also. I grew up lovin Mcnabb at Cuse and went to school near Phila and used to watch all their games. Go birds.

Ickybaluky
06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
If Philly misses the playoffs next year I wonder if Spikes will wonder if he is cursed.

Carlton Bailey
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Spikes was my favorite Bill until he started *****ing about everything. Dude turned into Eric Moulds at the end. I wish him luck, but as soon as Philly starts doing bad, the *****fest shall commence.

HAMMER
06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Good luck TKO, sad to see you go.

Goobylal
06-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Spikes should be focusing on the regular season first. The playoffs are looking like a longshot for the Eagles this year.

Mad Bomber
06-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I really like TKO, and I was sad to see him go. I think that even at 80% he will shine on that defense. I wish him nothing but the best of luck, except in week 17, where I hope that he'll be pancaked a few times and we see him chasing Lynch down the field and into the endzone in highlight films.

OpIv37
06-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Spikes should be focusing on the regular season first. The playoffs are looking like a longshot for the Eagles this year.

I don't know- the Eagles don't look as strong as they've been in the past, but their whole division is average this year. None of the teams are bad, but none of them really stand out either. 10-6 could easily win it.

Ickybaluky
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't know- the Eagles don't look as strong as they've been in the past, but their whole division is average this year. None of the teams are bad, but none of them really stand out either. 10-6 could easily win it.

You could say that about the whole NFC.

Mad Bomber
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
You could say that about the whole NFC.
If the Bills were in the NFC they could be a contender.

Wys Guy
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Re: Spikes focused on playoffs for Eagles

LINK (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/bob_ford/20070608_Bob_Ford___On_the_Prowl.html)

So are players on 15 of 16 other NFC teams. The NFC is wide open for the playoffs unlike the AFC.

Three or four teams that probably shouldn't make it will once again get in.

Having said that, Spikes will probably have a solid if not spectacular year. I expect him to once again rise to the level of an average or perhaps slightly above average LB again. His experience and attitude will help immensely.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't know. The reason: his injury. Think from all angles, if the Bills think that Spikes has a good chance of returning to his former self, he'd remain a Bill. The Eagles on the other hand, are willing to take the risk.

It's funny that Spike was never on a team with a top of the line QB. Palmer came to the Bengals after he left them. He thought he's getting a top QB Bledsoe in Bills. Now he thinks that he's going to a team with a top QB McNabb. We'll see.

Meanwhile, the Bengals prospered with Palmer at helm (their defense still s*ck). And the Bills may soon follow the path of the Bengals ...

John Doe
06-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I no longer care about Spikes since he is no longer a Bill.

njsue
06-09-2007, 01:21 AM
I will truly miss Takeo Spikes at the Ralph!

Jan Reimers
06-09-2007, 06:02 AM
It's funny that Spike was never on a team with a top of the line QB. Palmer came to the Bengals after he left them. He thought he's getting a top QB Bledsoe in Bills. Now he thinks that he's going to a team with a top QB McNabb. We'll see.

McNabb is definitely a top QB. If he'd had some decent receivers in his time with the Eagles, he'd be recognized as one of the best of this era.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-09-2007, 08:04 AM
McNabb is definitely a top QB. If he'd had some decent receivers in his time with the Eagles, he'd be recognized as one of the best of this era.

I'm not so sure. Great QBs make receivers look good. Brady made Branch and a few others (including TEs). The Bengals receivers came to world attention after Palmer steps into center attention. Of course all those receivers have talents before the Qbs get there, but it is the QBs made them to the forefront. McNabb is always about McNabb and as he ages and injuries creeping up, I'd not think he's HOF material now.

I'm hoping for by the middle of the season, people are talking about "what a break out season Lee Evans has". That will most likely mean a breakout season for Losman, too.

Historian
06-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I wish him nothing but the best of luck. Unfortunately, he was a shell of himself since the injury and a change was needed.

Exactly.

See: Cowart, Sam, Linebacker.

Tatonka
06-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Spikes was my favorite Bill until he started *****ing about everything. Dude turned into Eric Moulds at the end. I wish him luck, but as soon as Philly starts doing bad, the *****fest shall commence.

i agree.. i loved having spikes on the team and i wish he was still here.. but he got really ****ty last year.. performance and attitude.. he had to go because he was clear about not wanting to be here..

Luisito23
06-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Good luck to my man Spikes down there in Philly...and thank you for not only signing with us, but for all the memories and the passion that you brought to our Bills.....:beers:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

justasportsfan
06-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Spikes = Moulds.

Loved them when they were bills but didn't like how they left.

:wave:

SABURZFAN
06-09-2007, 10:07 AM
will mcnabb stay healthy this year?that seems to be the question every year in Philly for the last couple of years.i think they don't make the playoffs if he's hurt again.they were fortunate to have somebody like garcia to carry them last year.

i also wonder how long it'll be before philly fans get tired of that stupid little dance that spikes has.

HHURRICANE
06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Sorry, but I won't miss Spikes.

The thing I loved about Bruce was his whole demeanor. Great player who backed it up and didn't let his mouth get too far past his ability.

Spikes spent a whole lot of time talking and not backing it up. It was his big mouth that said we were challenging the 85 Bears D and adding fire to the QB controversy. I think it's fitting that he and Holcomb went to the same team.

Like McGahee and Bledsoe, we have had way to many players saying they were the leaders, or the best, and not backing it up.

How many articles do we need to read where he's quoted with some awe inspiring prediction or how is work ethic is superhuman?

ublinkwescore
06-09-2007, 09:15 PM
If Philly misses the playoffs next year I wonder if Spikes will wonder if he is cursed.

I think he'd definitely come to that conclusion if the Eagles missed the playoffs, and we made it.

He would definitely be kicking himself in the @$$.

ublinkwescore
06-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry, but I won't miss Spikes.

The thing I loved about Bruce was his whole demeanor. Great player who backed it up and didn't let his mouth get too far past his ability.

Spikes spent a whole lot of time talking and not backing it up. It was his big mouth that said we were challenging the 85 Bears D and adding fire to the QB controversy. I think it's fitting that he and Holcomb went to the same team.

Like McGahee and Bledsoe, we have had way to many players saying they were the leaders, or the best, and not backing it up.

How many articles do we need to read where he's quoted with some awe inspiring prediction or how is work ethic is superhuman?

How do you let your mouth get too far past your ability when you're the NFL's all time sack leader, and were known as a game-changing DE?

the only other game changing DE in the game today is - if he's not having an off year - Julius Peppers - I'd expect him to bounce back this year.

HHURRICANE
06-10-2007, 11:56 AM
How do you let your mouth get too far past your ability when you're the NFL's all time sack leader, and were known as a game-changing DE?

the only other game changing DE in the game today is - if he's not having an off year - Julius Peppers - I'd expect him to bounce back this year.

Bruce would talk smack. Remember when he declared the changing of the guard and said he was a better defensive player than LT. He backed it up and we beat them with Phil Simms on the field.

TKO just talked, and talked, and talked. Name his big games where it actually meant something and it wasn't personal (like playing against Cincy).