PDA

View Full Version : Bills step up talks with Walker

Philagape
06-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Off the AP wire ...

Bills step up talks with DT Walker
By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Darwin Walker and the Buffalo Bills have stepped up talks to complete a restructured contract in time for the defensive tackle to attend the team's mandatory minicamp next week.
"We've had dialogue and we're still hopeful," Walker's agent, Albert Irby, told The Associated Press on Friday. "We've got to be hopeful because Darwin wants to play there and sees it as a wonderful opportunity. He wants to be a Bill in the worst way."
Irby said he and the Bills have spoken numerous times this week, including Friday, when he sent an e-mail to the team outlining his client's latest position.

Mad Bomber
06-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Let's just pay this guy and get him here. We can save over $800K by getting rid of Tim Anderson.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Agreed. GET IT DONE MARV

casdhf
06-08-2007, 03:52 PM
He wants to be a Bill in the worst way Bull ****!!!

Night Train
06-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Bull ****!!!

They're all mercenaries. Some just disguise it better.

I'd still rather have him than a 6th round pick.

Jan Reimers
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I want him here. Just not at any price. Let's come up with something that both sides can live with.

acehole
06-08-2007, 05:33 PM
They're all mercenaries. Some just disguise it better.

I'd still rather have him than a 6th round pick.

Walker did not stike me as this type of guy/player.
It may just be posturing...I don't blame him it may be his
last shot at a big payday. Bills need him...he needs Bills...
pay him but dont break the bank.

BILLSROCK1212
06-08-2007, 05:40 PM
his holdout really doesn't tell you what kind of person he is because he is one of the brightest football players in the league and a good leader....he is definitely someone that i would like to have around this orginization

Meathead
06-08-2007, 05:41 PM
finally the voice of reason from ass err ace hole

got peace?

acehole
06-08-2007, 05:49 PM
finally the voice of reason from ass err ace hole

got peace?

sorry i have let you down in the past

Night Train
06-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Walker did not stike me as this type of guy/player.
It may just be posturing...I don't blame him it may be his
last shot at a big payday. Bills need him...he needs Bills...
pay him but dont break the bank.

Walker is a Civil Engineer who owns 85 % of Progressive Engineering and make a huge buck already, outside of football. He may be trying for a big football payday but could just walk. $$ isn't really a problem for him. He DOESN'T need the Bills.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25656

Meathead
06-08-2007, 05:53 PM
huh? i just made a lite hearted joke hope thats how it was received

clumping platelets
06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Let's just pay this guy and get him here. We can save over $800K by getting rid of Tim Anderson.

:no:

His :moon: should be here learning the schemes.......at the same time, his agent and the Bills could be working out a restructured deal.........if I were the Bills GM, I would tell him report or no dice.......he could go back to the Eagles and you move on

DMBcrew36
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
He wants to be a Bill in the worst way? Please. Stop blowing smoke up our butts.

Tatonka
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
that will show him.. he will go back to the eagles.. get traded to someone else and play well.. mean while the bills line still sucks balls.

Michael82
06-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Let's go Marv! Get er done!!! :pray:

Wys Guy
06-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Off the AP wire ...

By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Darwin Walker and the Buffalo Bills have stepped up talks to complete a restructured contract in time for the defensive tackle to attend the team's mandatory minicamp next week.
"We've had dialogue and we're still hopeful," Walker's agent, Albert Irby, told The Associated Press on Friday. "We've got to be hopeful because Darwin wants to play there and sees it as a wonderful opportunity. He wants to be a Bill in the worst way."
Irby said he and the Bills have spoken numerous times this week, including Friday, when he sent an e-mail to the team outlining his client's latest position.
Of course he wants to be a Bill. Who doesn't given the way that we've opened our checkbook. Why play elsewhere as an average player when you can command top bucks from us.

Should be interesting. I wonder how much cap room we have after the rookie pool.

patmoran2006
06-09-2007, 09:04 AM
What a great observation, seriously.. Good thought.

Anderson is a useless pile of ****. IF Walker signs he's gone anyway. McCargo, Walker, Tripplett and K Wiliams is your rotation. If you even carry a fifth, someone like Jefferson can be that guy. The fifth DT would hardly even dress on game days anyway regardless of who it is.

Cutting Anderson would save money (it's 850k actually) since every move this team makes seems to be centered financially.

As for the quote by the agent "Walker wants to be a Bill in the worst way". I say that's a crock of ****. He hasn't even VISITED Buffalo since being traded for.

I think its important they get a deal done if for NO OTHER REASON than to show fans they are at least attempting to put the best team they can out there. Paying him shows that. Sending him back for a future 6th round pick simply DOES NOT.

HAMMER
06-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Don't overpay this jerk, fair market value for his past performance, nothing more.

SABURZFAN
06-09-2007, 10:21 AM
this thing has already gotten ugly and doesn't sit well with a lot of Bills fans.whether it's walker's fault or our Front Office,it doesn't matter because this guy hasn't done squat in a Bills uniform.how many of us can go to a new job and demand a raise or else?that's exactly what he's doing.send his ass back to Philly and take the 6th Rounder.

HHURRICANE
06-09-2007, 10:28 AM
this thing has already gotten ugly and doesn't sit well with a lot of Bills fans.whether it's walker's fault or our Front Office,it doesn't matter because this guy hasn't done squat in a Bills uniform.how many of us can go to a new job and demand a raise or else?that's exactly what he's doing.send his ass back to Philly and take the 6th Rounder.

Is he better than a 6th rounder and will we get 4 good years out of him?

I am interested in winning some games now. If he helps us do that than let's get this finished. When he gets us our first sack this will all be a distant memory. McCargo needs some veteran leadership.

DraftBoy
06-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Lets get a deal done, Im tired of discussing this guy over and over again. Its a simple thing;

We get a deal done everyone is happy, we dont and we lose Walker you're going to have alot of pissed off Bills fans.

HHURRICANE
06-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Lets get a deal done, Im tired of discussing this guy over and over again. Its a simple thing;

We get a deal done everyone is happy, we dont and we lose Walker you're going to have alot of pissed off Bills fans.

Thread killer!

But you are 100% right!!

njsue
06-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Off the AP wire ...

By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer

:clap: Get the deal done and move your behind to camp!!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO BILLS!!!

Talk0fNewYork
06-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Lance Briggs / Asante Samuel / Julius Jones are holding out and thier some of the highest character players in the league, this is a business thier off the field demands don't display thier character.