• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Dolphin QB walks out of practice, vows to block any trade

Frustrated by the team's decision to let him only participate in individual drills, Culpepper walked off the practice field -- accompanied by a member of Miami's security staff -- about an hour into Friday's start of a three-day minicamp and vowed that he'd block the Dolphins' plans to trade him.

I know there are those who would like to Squish the Fish on this issue but IMO there is a bigger issue here - teams pay for rights of players by signing bonuses and picks and should be entitled to trade players and get compensation. You signed the contract now play it. Culpepper has NO excuse since he is his own agent and should have insisted on a "no trade" clause.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dolphin QB walks out of practice, vows to block any trade

i was just thinking that hes done pretty well at managing this tough situation over the past year, especially when hes representing himself and doesnt have that ultra valuable external counsel

but hes being a ***** now. gotta be maxing out the frustration regulator cuz hes popped it

just back off and be a pro there boat party boy. youll get another chance. dont be a punk now
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Post Edited.
      Last edited by Devin; 06-08-2007, 06:51 PM.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

No No-trade clause= Tough luck for Pep

If he refuses a trade then I guess he will be in the CFL till his contract runs out

I am not sure why he would refuse a trade. Doesn't make sense IMO. I am torn on whether we should keep him around and give him a chance at winning the job. It is clear that he is still not 100%. I suppose it all comes down to the cost of keeping both around in the end

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
          I am not sure why he would refuse a trade. Doesn't make sense IMO. I am torn on whether we should keep him around and give him a chance at winning the job. It is clear that he is still not 100%. I suppose it all comes down to the cost of keeping both around in the end
          He doesn't want to be traded for he figures he is going to need to renegotiate anyways and when a team needs to give up a pick they certainly want to pass less.

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            he fits in with some of the Fish fans.

a quitter.
            Post Edited.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Keep it about football guys.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

In a way I feel for Daunte. As hes a fin I dont like him, but the NFL/Business side of things really is tough to swallow sometimes.

Players have come and gone in Buffalo that I absolutley hated seeing go, unfortunatley it happens.

But as is typical with coaching/gm changes everyone wants to build the team thier own way.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Keep your head up, bro
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

He acc isnt going by it in a bad way. He signed a deal that has like 55M left he just wont renegotiate it plain and simple. I dont totally blame him at all. They traded for him knowing he was injured now hes just about back and they go trade for another injured starter and say they are going to trade him? I rather be released too to pick where I can go revive my career. Screw the Fins on this one.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                      No No-trade clause= Tough luck for Pep

If he refuses a trade then I guess he will be in the CFL till his contract runs out

Culpepper is doing the smart thing. Any team that trades him will inherit his old contract, and he doesn't want that. he wants to cut his deal for one year, so he can hit FA again before he gets too old.

If he gets released, he gets to pick from teams that want to sign him. He will probably take a 1 Yr/Incentive-based deal (with a franchise tag prohibition) if he thinks he has a chance to compete for a job (like in Jacksonville). He then gets to be a FA. He can even bide his time and see if an injury opens up a job somewhere.

I can't say I blame him. No trade is going to happen without his contract being dealt with, so he can block any trade. He is using what leverage he has to get what he wants. He knows he will get cut eventually, because Miami isn't going to pay him his salary.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

I say who cares! He didn't do the rehab wasn't ready to play and lost his job, oh well! On the other hand Carson Palmer got hurt 3 months later with a very similar if not worse injury. Carson did the rehab and got ready to play Daunte didn't do the rehab, instead decided to go "BOATING" and wasn't ready! Now he is being let go and he doesn't like it bo hoo!

I say this with a little experiecne, most of you know my youngest son tore his ACL right before he was suppose to report for his first college football season. Had the operation, and decided he didn't need to do the rehab. Guess what he wasn't ready for the next season. That was in 05, he missed the entire season in 06 cause his knee wasn't strong enough. He will play this year, cause he finally worked the knee back into shape, but he moaned and groaned all last year that the coaches were jerks, the school sucked blah blah! Now that his knee is strong and he will see some playing time everything is better.

Moral of this story Daunte didn't work hard enough to get the knee back into shape, and now he had to play catch up with rehab and he might not ever get it back into NFL playing shape! Miami had to move on and did, now Daunte has to as well!

I don't mean to sound mean or nasty here, it's just the facts, he didn't do the necessary work to keep his job and now he is playing the price. I basically told my son the same thing!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• njsue
                          Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                          • Sep 2003

Rumor has it that Daunte is heading back to Minnesota!

The Dolphins are screwed up! Trent Green will be running for his life behind that O line!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kgun12
                            I say who cares! He didn't do the rehab wasn't ready to play and lost his job, oh well! On the other hand Carson Palmer got hurt 3 months later with a very similar if not worse injury. Carson did the rehab and got ready to play Daunte didn't do the rehab, instead decided to go "BOATING" and wasn't ready! Now he is being let go and he doesn't like it bo hoo!

I say this with a little experiecne, most of you know my youngest son tore his ACL right before he was suppose to report for his first college football season. Had the operation, and decided he didn't need to do the rehab. Guess what he wasn't ready for the next season. That was in 05, he missed the entire season in 06 cause his knee wasn't strong enough. He will play this year, cause he finally worked the knee back into shape, but he moaned and groaned all last year that the coaches were jerks, the school sucked blah blah! Now that his knee is strong and he will see some playing time everything is better.

Moral of this story Daunte didn't work hard enough to get the knee back into shape, and now he had to play catch up with rehab and he might not ever get it back into NFL playing shape! Miami had to move on and did, now Daunte has to as well!

I don't mean to sound mean or nasty here, it's just the facts, he didn't do the necessary work to keep his job and now he is playing the price. I basically told my son the same thing!
                            if anyone needs the best explanation of the situation, just cut and paste the above quote. Completely agree. Ultimately they should just cut him and be done with it and let him sign elsewhere under his own terms. I knew last year that I was taking a chance getting his jersey---sigh, say hello to this fool, lol.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                              if anyone needs the best explanation of the situation, just cut and paste the above quote. Completely agree. Ultimately they should just cut him and be done with it and let him sign elsewhere under his own terms. I knew last year that I was taking a chance getting his jersey---sigh, say hello to this fool, lol.
                              This is my issue. Miami's medical staff won't pass Drew Brees, who goes on to have a great year with the Saints, but passes Daunte and allows him to play. You could tell in week 2 something was wrong. The doctors in Miami don't know if someone is doing the proper rehab or is healthy enough to sign?

Comment

Working...
                              X