PDA

View Full Version : Lynch meets Emmitt Smith at Press-Radio Club charity dinner

G. Host
06-08-2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070608/SPORTS/706080362/1007/SPORTS
Lynch awed: Running back Marshawn Lynch, first-round draft pick of the Buffalo Bills, met Smith before the dinner and had one question for the NFL's all-time leading rusher.

"How'd you do it for so long?" Lynch said.

Off the record: Lots of convienent injuries which were overcome when defense was worn out.

gr8slayer
06-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Smith was just a tough SOB. He played several games with something broken or twisted or rolled. The guy was a work horse and the best RB to date.

Goobylal
06-10-2007, 10:09 AM
His O-line and skill position players were also great. With a QB like Aikman, receivers like Irvin and Harper, and a TE like Novacek, you couldn't key on any specific player. And I read that Smith got 2/3 of his yards before a defender touched him.

If Barry Sanders played for the Cowboys...

gr8slayer
06-10-2007, 11:08 AM
His O-line and skill position players were also great. With a QB like Aikman, receivers like Irvin and Harper, and a TE like Novacek, you couldn't key on any specific player. And I read that Smith got 2/3 of his yards before a defender touched him.

If Barry Sanders played for the Cowboys...
You read wrong. Smith broke tackles at the LOS just as much, if not more than anyone ever. The guy was strong like bull.

Goobylal
06-10-2007, 11:37 AM
With the blocking (O-line and Moose Johnston, who I forgot to mention) he had, just how many times do you think he faced a defender at the LOS? Again I stand by/know what I read, although I won't disagree that he was strong and tough.

G. Host
06-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Smith exagerated a kit of injuries and tried to act like every return was a miracle. He did the Tedy Bruschi before Bruschi perfected it. This acting takes away from his other accomplishments.