• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Vick, citing scheduling issues, scraps football camp

Michael Vick announced he is canceling his annual football camp, scheduled for June 30-July, because of "scheduling issues."

Reacting to the ongoing investigation of Michael Vick, and to the perceived fatigue that has set in on fans here as the almost daily news updates surrounding the team's star player continue, Atlanta Falcons officials on Friday dispatched a letter to season-ticket patrons asking for patience, prudence and understanding.

In addition, Vick announced on a Web site that he is canceling his annual football camp, scheduled for June 30-July 3, because of "scheduling
    (court hearing) issues."

Vick's annual camp, which he has held for the past several years, was to have taken place at the Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Va. On the Web site, which was shut down late in the afternoon, the cancellation of the camp was announced, with a statement that deposits and refunds would be processed immediately.

Imagine being one of the kids which was expecting to go to camp the whole year and having this happen? I understand WHY he cancelled it. It gives the law an easy place to iissue summons and right now he is staying at an unkown location.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: Vick, citing scheduling issues, scraps football camp

Originally posted by G. Host
    Imagine being one of the kids which was expecting to go to camp the whole year and having this happen?
    Can you imagine being the parent of these kids, and explaining to them WHY to camp is cancelled?

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

imagine being one of those dogs dying of critical injuries and massive blood loss
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

again...

overhyped...
        overpaid...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

It would be impossible to have a normal camp for the kids. There would be an out of control media circus and it wouldnt be fair to the kids. I dont know how kids would ever be able to admire this guy after all the crap that his name (or alias) has been involved in. It really is a shame the athletes kids have to look of to these days. Im lucky i got to grow up admiring kelly, reed, smith, thomas, bennett etc....although some might have been a little loose with the females, that was about as bad as it got and I never heard anything about it, being that young. These days, idiot thugs are doing the rediculous acts and are all over the media.

I dont how kids can actually pick a good role model these days becuase most of the more exciting players in sports are arrogant *****s who believe they own the world. I hope kids learn to choose well. Hell I used to be a HUGE Roberto Alomar fan when he played for the Blue Jays. I played second base just like he did. I used to collect his baseball cards and had a seperate place for them in my collection. My number was 12 because of him and Kelly. In other words, i really liked the guy. Then there was the day he spit in that umpires face after an arguement. Since that very moment I lost all respect for him, and I just stopped caring about him at all and never thought twice. I really hope younger kids can see through the special things Vick can do on the field and see Michael Vick for the piece of $@#! he is.
          Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 06-09-2007, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Does Ronald Mexico wake up every morning and say, "Ahh, beautiful. Another day, another chance for people to hate me."

Make the world a better place, punch Ron Mexico in the face.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
              • Jun 2006

He doesn't need to cancel it, from what I gather the VA state penal league is going to have a new outlaw star.

Comment

Working...
              X