PDA

View Full Version : With all the Drury/Briere debate going on

LABillsFan
06-09-2007, 11:33 PM
How long do you give Drury and Briere to respond past July 1st if a deal isn't done? How many free agents that may be viable options does Regier watch get signed before he starts making a move.

BlackMetalNinja
06-10-2007, 06:24 AM
I have a feeling Buffalo is going to stick to their routine of signing almost nobody from outside the organization, so I don't think it matters. Spacek is the only guy we brought in last year, basically Teppo the year before... I'd be surprised if we got more than one, maybe 2 guys from elsewhere.

YardRat
06-10-2007, 08:00 AM
I would hope that before the ink dries on Darcy's and Lindy's new contracts the deal is done for Drury. Don't wait for market numbers, pay the man his money.

Best wishes to Danny...I hope he signs a good contract, does well, and stays healthy wherever he ends up.

LABillsFan
06-10-2007, 01:34 PM
True, they only broght in Spacek, however they didn't have to worry about a team without Drury and or Briere. They'll lose at least one and I don't see anyone in Rochester on par with either.

Carlton Bailey
06-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Hopefully Kotalik and Kalinin get dealt around draft time (we're stuck w/ Spacek). That would open up room to make moves. I have Sean O'Donnell, Scott Hannan, Cory Sarich, Brad May and Scott Hartnell high on my non-Buffalo UFA list. Any of those guys would help the Sabres get tougher and more willing to win puck battles, which is what they desperately need.