PDA

View Full Version : Disagree vs Disrespect (draft)

patmoran2006
06-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I want it to be known officially on June 10, that I disagree with the majority of the Buffalo Bills day one draft this year.

However, that does NOT mean I dissrespect the selections the Buffalo Bills made. there is a big difference.

Some picks people look at and say "**** that"- that's a stupid pick. I dont see that at all.

If I was the general manager in charge on draft day, the way the board played out... This would've been my day one.
1- Lynch
2- David Harris
3a- Jason Hill
3b- Daymeion Hughes

AGain though, just becuase I disagree doesn't mean i dont respect the Bills draft and have an understanding of their selections. IN their eyes, Poz is the future leader of the defense. Edwards is valuable insurance, potential future starting QB should Losman falter or leave, or possible lucrative future trade bait.

I'm fully aware of that and can respect that. I just personally would've went in another direction-- It takes 2-3 years before you can evaluate anything as a bust or good pick anyway.

I"m already starting to see that Edwards was a better pick than I initially gave credit for. Hughes going to Polian almost instantly confirms he'll be a good corner; but maybe with Webster they'll get the same value.

HOwever, I have and will continue to think that this team was better off with Harris and Hill over Poz. Our WR's really blow outside of Evans. I think Hill could've started as a rookie. And though I respect what Poz did in college I think Harris is a HAMMER who punnishes running backs, something this defense needs.

DraftBoy
06-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Its a good point and for the most part I do agree with you, I would of gone in a different direction with almost all our picks except Poz, and Wendling.

BILLSROCK1212
06-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I want it to be known officially on June 10, that I disagree with the majority of the Buffalo Bills day one draft this year.

However, that does NOT mean I dissrespect the selections the Buffalo Bills made. there is a big difference.

Some picks people look at and say "**** that"- that's a stupid pick. I dont see that at all.

If I was the general manager in charge on draft day, the way the board played out... This would've been my day one.
1- Lynch
2- David Harris
3a- Jason Hill
3b- Daymeion Hughes

AGain though, just becuase I disagree doesn't mean i dont respect the Bills draft and have an understanding of their selections. IN their eyes, Poz is the future leader of the defense. Edwards is valuable insurance, potential future starting QB should Losman falter or leave, or possible lucrative future trade bait.

I'm fully aware of that and can respect that. I just personally would've went in another direction-- It takes 2-3 years before you can evaluate anything as a bust or good pick anyway.

I"m already starting to see that Edwards was a better pick than I initially gave credit for. Hughes going to Polian almost instantly confirms he'll be a good corner; but maybe with Webster they'll get the same value.

HOwever, I have and will continue to think that this team was better off with Harris and Hill over Poz. Our WR's really blow outside of Evans. I think Hill could've started as a rookie. And though I respect what Poz did in college I think Harris is a HAMMER who punnishes running backs, something this defense needs.if that was our draft I would be 100% satisfied with the team we have now

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:13 AM
wow.. no one had any idea you felt that way.. unless they were to look up the other threads you have started or posted in multiple times.

patmoran2006
06-10-2007, 11:14 AM
I think we're going to hit some Home runs (or at least solid doubles) for the second straight year on Day two.

Wendling and Wright will not only make the team but be good contributors, and the TE kid I wouldn't count out either.

Last year was great on Day two with Kyle Williams, Penington and Ellison already.

Gotta give credit where its due, our Day two has looked really solid (so far) in both years.

And again I'm not dissing the Bills day one, I just personally think that Poz wasn't worth the trade up for (not to say he's not a decent player)

patmoran2006
06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
wow.. no one had any idea you felt that way.. unless they were to look up the other threads you have started or posted in multiple times.
or..

You posting on every thread *****ing about SOMEBODY.

Your new nickname should be Grandma Tatonka.

Goobylal
06-10-2007, 11:17 AM
The only picks I questioned were Edwards and Wright. Lynch was the right pick and Poz IMHO will be a great player and was worth what it took to trade-up (I would have liked it better if they hadn't given-up the 1st-3rd rounder, but them's the breaks). I thought Hughes would have fit a need more, but apparently the Bills thought he was a 5th round talent (versus Edwards being a high 2nd round talent). I guess if Edwards becomes a great starting QB for the Bills or nets them a high pick in the future, it was a good pick. And Wright is more of a short-yardage receiver out of the backfield guy, but if he converts short yardage and shows something more, he could be a great pick as well.

I guess time will tell is what I'm saying.

patmoran2006
06-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I really like Wright in the 4th round.

If you can get a guy in round 4 who can get those big 3rd and 1's.. Or score inside the 3 yard line.... and/or give you 6-10 solid carries a game (maybe more) with yoru 4th rounder I think that's a steal.

Lord knows how we've struggled in recent years converting near the goaline or on 3rd and short.

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:21 AM
or..

You posting on every thread *****ing about SOMEBODY.

Your new nickname should be Grandma Tatonka.

dude.. you have posted so many times that you wish we got hill and harris and hughes.. i mean at what point do you let it go and realize that you dont have to keep telling us.. we know.. we got it..

you must have been the kid who talked to hear his own voice..

i dont ***** about others often.. it is normally just you.. because your more repetative than any poster on this board.. about 50% of your posts could have been combined into one post and we would have all got your point.

get over yourself.. or dont..

keep starting threads about how your "source" says edwards is looking good.. just like chris brown has been saying for a month.. one day that credibility will catch up with your "reporting"

:rofl:

patmoran2006
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
http://www.komar.org/christmas/pictures/2006/colorado-snowstorm/drew-curtis-fark/grandma.jpg

PS- Chris Brown is hardly a source when he's only ALLOWED to write what is deemed appropiate by Media Relations.

And it's people like YOU more than OP, Wys, ME, or anyone that **** up message board because instead of discussing and/or ignoring topics you spam them with personal bull**** that takes away from the discussion.

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM
hey pat.. did you just cut and past your earlier post here just to start a new thread???

Whether you loved the draft, am nuetral about it or hated it. It's irrelevant right now because they haven't played yet.

If you love POZ.. Nothing anyone can say will make you change your mind before he plays, and vice versa.

I personally only love one (Lynch) and sorta like another (Wright) of the first four picks we made. But again, It doesnt matter what I say because until its taken to the field it's irrelevent.

My draft preference was this (and I could be wrong, they could be busts) but this is what I hoped for.
1- Lynch
2- David Harris
3- Jason HIll
3- Daymeion Hughes

Nobody will know until they play though
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=127335&highlight=hughes

mikemac2001
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM

Ya i agree, And respect that post Tatonka...i mean ive seen this in about 7 other post just worded in a diff long ass way...PAT we know what you felt about the draft...let it go look at Mini camp...what has happened cant be changed so why KEEP BRINGING IT UP...Its annoying and pointless...its more spam now then anything..so lets talk about the issues now and not back in april.

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM
oh.. how bout this gem.. wow.. looks familiar.

That's some funny ass **** right there.

How can you not love that post.

It's nice to know Trent Edwards is shining early on.

I love this question you posed most though.
"Marv and the rest of dinosaurs at OBD were seduced by his blue collar work ethic, but was he really worth what we gave up for him?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOw that I got the humor out of me. I will reserve judgement on POZ but I will say on the record in May- that I think David Harris is going to be the better LB and i wish we had drafted him. That's all hearsay now of course, and until ALL of these guys play nobody will know.

But until I see POZ become a star AND the guys I mention "flop"-- I will always wish that our day one of the draft went like this:
1- Lynch
2- Harris
3A- Jason Hill
3B- Daymeion Hughes
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=127306&highlight=hughes

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:36 AM
I would've drafted Hughes before Edwards personally. Maybe that's because I just think he's going to be a really good corner. It's not a knock on Edwards either.

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:40 AM
wow.. i am seeing a trend here.. all in different threads.

I absolutley disagree.

I do agree about RB and LB being needs 1-2 and were rightfully addressed in the first two picks, but CB was a much bigger need than a 2nd or 3rd string QB, and Daymeion Hughes was sitting there. ON top of that, Polian takes him right after us, which almost guarentees he's going to be a good player.

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:43 AM

Im going to be watching Daymeion Hughes very closely this season with Indy.

I thought that should've been the pick and I'm kinda shocked we didn't take him. Naturally, Polian takes him 3 picks after us, which pretty much ensures me he'll turn into a good cover two corner.

Having said that, I dont think you can really blast the pick of Edwards either. If Losman goes down the season is over with Craig Nall starting.

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
wow.. you could have been charged for plagarism if it wasnt you that you ripped this off from the 10th time.. this was actually on one of your blogs that you posted here.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2007/04/30/Buffalo_Bills_Making_The_Most_Of_The_Draft

IM perplexed they passed on Daymeion Hughes for Edwards in round three.

THe fact Polian took him next for Indy seals the deal we should've taken him. Polian is rarely wrong.

Tatonka
06-10-2007, 11:50 AM
holy crap man.. i didnt eve realize it was this bad... this is like the neverending story with you.. jesus.. i cant take anymore.. people get the point..

To me, a cornerback with the 12th overall pick in the draft when you play a zone-based cover two defense is poor value.

Now, if this was Jerry Gray's defense; Then I think Reevis in the 1st and David Harris in the second would be as good as it gets.

But if your playing a cover two, a LB that can move and cover spots of the field in pass coverage and play in space against the run is the better pick.

I still wish we had drafted a corner in round three (Hughes) but I'm GLAD we didnt take Reevis in round one.

holy repetative posting, pat stop the name calling - Lecter.

patmoran2006
06-10-2007, 12:18 PM
holy crap man.. i didnt eve realize it was this bad... this is like the neverending story with you.. jesus.. i cant take anymore.. people get the point..

holy repetative posting, pat edited.
If you're going to take the time to call someone a name like "Moron" you should take the time to make sure you spell correctly so that it's YOU who doesn't look the "moron". Nothing looks worse than when you imply someone is stupid yet can't even spell your own insult correctly.

Repetitive is the word I think you were looking for.

Dr. Lecter
06-10-2007, 12:31 PM
OK, kids........