PDA

View Full Version : Webster Fights Back

patmoran2006
06-10-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/95377.html

Cornerback Jason Webster used to have a track record of durability.
He never missed a game in four years of college at Texas A&M or his first three years with the San Francisco 49ers. That track record, however, is mostly forgotten because Webster has been injured for long stretches during three of the last four years.

Webster finds himself in a Buffalo Bills uniform these days aiming to prove he can be counted upon to dress on Sundays.

“I feel like I’m due,” Webster said after practice last week. “I’m looking forward to being out there the whole year.

If Webster can stay healthy, the Bills may have gotten a steal when they signed him as a free agent May 21. Webster, a tough tackler with 73 NFL starts under his belt, just might be the best man the Bills have to replace departed cornerback Nate Clements.

Talk0fNewYork
06-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Nice!

Lexwhat
06-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Nice article...

“The Houston Oilers were my team,” Webster said. “I’ll never forget the big comeback game. That was a bad day for me.”

Dantheman1280
06-10-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't expect him to be shutdown, but if he can be a stopgap until youboty can come into his own that would be great!!

Michael82
06-11-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't know why, but some reason I think he's going to shine in this defense with the Bills and will look like the Webster that I wanted from the 49ers. :drool: