PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Everett

PECKERWOOD
06-10-2007, 12:48 PM
What kind of an impact do you think he will have this season? So far the 3rd selection hasn't lived up to his potential and hype. How do you see the Bills utilizing this guy, this year? I heard he has been looking good when taking starting reps in Robert Royals absence. Thoughts?

SABURZFAN
06-10-2007, 01:04 PM
staying healthy for a whole season would be nice.

Carlton Bailey
06-10-2007, 01:08 PM
I have no expectations for him. Anything the Bills get from Everett, if he makes the team, is, to me, a bonus.

Brian G
06-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I think that he'll only see action on special teams and in obvious passing situations. He would look good as an inside slot guy out of the shotgun formation, but his blocking skills are still well below par.

15 catches? 120 yards? Maybe a TD? He's got potential, but we have a lot of other weapons that rank higher on the priority list.

Lexwhat
06-10-2007, 02:10 PM
The guy basically had his rookie season last season. There has to be a learning curve for him.

He should be showing some improvement this year. Unless he is COMPLETELY lost this year, which would be a bad sign, then next year (3rd real season) is when we can finally evaluate him - IMO.

feldspar
06-10-2007, 02:17 PM
He should be showing some improvement this year.

You mean he is going to catch more than one ball for one yard?

He could double his output from last year and catch 2 balls for 2 yards, making him twice as good as last year.

Lexwhat
06-10-2007, 02:22 PM

He could double his output from last year and catch 2 balls for 2 yards, making him twice as good as last year.

Haha, no, thats not what I meant.

I meant that throughout this year, as the year progresses, he should be a better player in week 7 than week 1. He should be better by week 15 than week 7.... something like that.

His improvement should not be compared to last year, because there's nothing really to compare to in the first place.

Mahdi
06-10-2007, 02:51 PM
I think the reason Everett never really got a chance to play last year was because not only did he not have a firm grasp of the offense but even when the TEs were on the field they were there for blocking purposes, so they put the best blocking TEs on the field which were Royal and Cieslak. However I think Everett has more playmaking ability than those 2 so since the OL this year should free up our TEs for passes I expect to see Everett more.

Jan Reimers
06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I think he has a lot of talent, but he was injured his first year, and has been a little slow learning the system. I have hopes for his becoming an athletic, pass catching TE, but I'm not really counting on it.

ShadowHawk7
06-10-2007, 03:04 PM

Doubling one's production over one season is a tall order. Expecting that would be homeristic. :shakeno: Let's be realistic here.

OpIv37
06-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I think he'll do what he's always done: nothing.

G. Host
06-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Everett seems like a lot of University of Miami players - more hype than talent with results in college more from having a more talented roster from reputation. When the players are asked to produce as picked they usually disappoint teams. I'd rather sign players who were outstanding on not so well known teams.

Mad Bomber
06-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't expect anything from him. Any production we get from him is gravy.

SABURZFAN
06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
since we have a bunch of stat homers in here,i'll put on my rose-colored homer glasses and predict..........

36 Reception
414 yards
4 TD

that's if he stays healthy the whole season.

evol4276
06-10-2007, 07:01 PM
i think his performance so far in the ota's will not go unnoticed. i think he may get more play time now, if he stays healthy, because he is our best legitimate pass catcher at tight end. or so i assume. plus hes only going into his 2nd full season. i would love to see him turn into a threat. i am fairly optimistic here with that.

Mr. Miyagi
06-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Everett seems like a lot of University of Miami players - more hype than talent with results in college more from having a more talented roster from reputation. When the players are asked to produce as picked they usually disappoint teams. I'd rather sign players who were outstanding on not so well known teams.
Kelly went to Tha U.

justasportsfan
06-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I have no expectations of him. As far as I'm concerned he's not even on the line up. If he steps up that wuld be a major bonus. Right now I see him as no different from any other undrafted rookie FA.

How many do you guys think we'll keep at this position since we're not carrying a true FB? Cieslak, Nuefeld, Royals, Shouman, Everrett,??

BILLSROCK1212
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
my expectations are VERY high....i want 5 TDs at least and 700 yards