X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Jason Webster will be very solid this year

I know some people *****ed when we signed the guy, but personally I was extremely happy. He was the best corner on the market and if we didn't sign the guy a few days after Atlanta cut him, somebody else would have.

Our defense needed another veteran corner opposite McGee, and thats exactly what we got. Webster is a solid player who wont wow you with interceptions or huge plays, but rarely gets beaten for a huge play and isn't afraid to come up and suppourt the run. Very similar to Antoine Winfield.

He has battled many injuries which is always a concern, but if this guy can stay healthy he can be a very solid corner. I would much rather have a veteran like him than a rookie like Daymeon Hughes, or Fred Bennett starting. It would be the same thing as starting Youboty...young and inexperienced.

The secondary is only going to be better this year...everyone will see the loss of clements will have absolutely no drop off. Remember midway into last season everyone was talking about how we cant wait clements leaves and how easily we could replace him with an average corner and get the same productivity for a way less price.

Mark my words Webster will start opening day and the whole season.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Brian G
    • May 2007

Re: Jason Webster will be very solid this year

While I wouldn't mind it, I think I'd still rather see Kiwaukee Thomas start, at least at the beginning of the season. He's got a year in the system under his belt, whereas Webster has been anything but steady the past few seasons. Webster, ideally, would work in as a nickel back but play outside in those situations, allowing Thomas to play inside on the slot receiver like he did last season.

As of now, it's looking like Youboty might be relegated to dime work and special teams. Good - the kid needs to earn his playing time.
    Buffalo Rumblings - check out the highest-trafficked Buffalo Bills blog on the Internet! Proud member of SportsBlogs Nation.

Comment

• Lexwhat
      • Feb 2005

I think Mcgee is gonna be a force this year, he's gonna shine.........at the Nickel spot, where he should be.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

hey you're stepping onto our turf when we decree every single player we sign is destined for greatness. our lawyers will be in contact, lol

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

So let Thomas, Youboty, and J. Webster fight it out for the starting CB positions...I don't think Youboty will win the job quite yet, maybe in the future. I could see Thomas and Webster being able to handle the job (I hope)...

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Brian G
            While I wouldn't mind it, I think I'd still rather see Kiwaukee Thomas start, at least at the beginning of the season. He's got a year in the system under his belt, whereas Webster has been anything but steady the past few seasons. Webster, ideally, would work in as a nickel back but play outside in those situations, allowing Thomas to play inside on the slot receiver like he did last season.

As of now, it's looking like Youboty might be relegated to dime work and special teams. Good - the kid needs to earn his playing time.
            Are you related to Brian H?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mad Bomber
              • Jul 2002

At the very least he adds some depth to a woefully thin position.

Comment

Working...
              X