• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Bills' Walker Prepared to Miss Start of Minicamp

With contract talks progressing slowly, veteran defensive tackle Darwin Walker is prepared to face a fine for missing the start of the Buffalo Bills' mandatory minicamp Monday.

"We're moving at a snail's pace," Walker's agent, Albert Irby, told The Associated Press on Sunday. "We ain't that close. I don't know if we're going to get anything done today."

Should Walker not report, he stands to face a fine because he has two years left under his current contract.

JOHN WAWROW's talk with agent must have occurred past the normal deadline for last I heard he WAS prepared to go to camp. Not a good idea IMO for Bills will just fine him and if he does not report wait until end of Training Camp fining him every day until he follows commitment.
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills' Walker Prepared to Miss Start of Minicamp

I'm really beginning to hate this guy.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

One step forward, two steps backwards.

The news on this guy was encouraging yesterday, and now we're right back to where we started.

And people defend the Spikes trade by saying he didn't want to be here and would be a locker room cancer. Well, look what we got in return.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I still can't dislike Darwin for this. Buffalo's front office knew the situation it would be in upon acquiring him. Right now, the Bills are embarrassing themselves.

If only we could at least know how much Walker wants.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
          That's the big question in my mind.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
            I still can't dislike Darwin for this. Buffalo's front office knew the situation it would be in upon acquiring him. Right now, the Bills are embarrassing themselves.

while I agree that the FO screwed up completely on this trade, Walker's still under contract. There is no rule that says he can't work on a re-negotiation while in mini-camp. But apparently he wants to get paid more than he wants to win (and while that's probably true for most players, at least they have the sense to pretend otherwise in front of the fans and the media).
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillyT92679
              • Jul 2002

Walker has TWO YEARS LEFT. There is no excuse for a holdout when you have two years left. Do awesome this year and then push hard for a deal.... he is looking ridiculous.
              Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

i'm prepared to take the 6th Round draft pick and part with a headache.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  i'm prepared to take the 6th Round draft pick and part with a headache.
                  I dont know.... i dont think he has character issues.... he was traded and now he wants a new contract with a new team... its not completely out of the question. Bottom line is we need this guy. He produces big-time and is exactly the type of player we need for this D. If McCargo is ready to go and bigger as they say to play nose with K. Williams, and Tripplett already playing better as he was at the end of the year then we have a great DT rotation. Without him we have an ok DT rotation that is one injury away from disaster if McCargo goes down again.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    I dont know.... i dont think he has character issues.... he was traded and now he wants a new contract with a new team... its not completely out of the question. Bottom line is we need this guy. He produces big-time and is exactly the type of player we need for this D. If McCargo is ready to go and bigger as they say to play nose with K. Williams, and Tripplett already playing better as he was at the end of the year then we have a great DT rotation. Without him we have an ok DT rotation that is one injury away from disaster if McCargo goes down again.
                    He wanted a new deal before the trade just to note
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

I hope he fights as hard on the field as he has off of it.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Bills ought to offer him three contracts:
                        1. One which continues his old contract, a contract he signed even if he wishes he didn't now
                        2. An incentive based ciontract with increases for performance, number of games available, etc with iotions (bonuses) for Bills to extend it
                        3. Take it or leave it notice that they will penalize him for each and every required practice and game missed as allowed by contract AND telling him that he will sit on the bench when he decides to sign to collect his year of senority AND the Bills are willing to do same thing next year as well per barginning agreemenr.

No turning him back to Eagles - if we wants to be a rotten egg he will be a rotten egg and they will see who has interest in a 30 year old, 2 year stale egg in two years.

The Bills did not invest a lot in him - two players who Bills did not intend on keeping - and can use this approach to make other players think twice about holding out.

Walker probably had some sort of off-the-table deal with Eagles but the Bills shoulld not be penalied for that.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

F this guy. He doesn't have to miss camp for crying out loud. That's just being childish, IMO.

I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm willing to bet the FO is tired of dealing with him. Let the guy walk away. The Bills are taking a loss on this trade no matter how you look at it anyway.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

does anyone know if we HAVE TO give him back to philly come august if he has not signed? i read somewhere today that it was our option.. i would keep him and just fine the **** out of him till he shows up.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                              Bills ought to offer him three contracts:
                              1. One which continues his old contract, a contract he signed even if he wishes he didn't now
                              2. An incentive based ciontract with increases for performance, number of games available, etc with iotions (bonuses) for Bills to extend it
                              3. Take it or leave it notice that they will penalize him for each and every required practice and game missed as allowed by contract AND telling him that he will sit on the bench when he decides to sign to collect his year of senority AND the Bills are willing to do same thing next year as well per barginning agreemenr.

No turning him back to Eagles - if we wants to be a rotten egg he will be a rotten egg and they will see who has interest in a 30 year old, 2 year stale egg in two years.

The Bills did not invest a lot in him - two players who Bills did not intend on keeping - and can use this approach to make other players think twice about holding out.

Walker probably had some sort of off-the-table deal with Eagles but the Bills shoulld not be penalied for that.
                              We cant not return him if he doesnt sign a new deal by the deadline, that was what our braintrust agreed to. Like it or not.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X