PDA

View Full Version : Peter King: Pat's review

trapezeus
06-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Anyone read today's Peter King article? All the Pat's quotes sound to me that they are trying to overcompensate for something.

1. they all are talking about how Brady is the unquestioned leader.
2. They all talk about how Moss is still as good as he was, maybe even a little better.

It's annoying to be honest. in years past you wouldn't hear the players much. they'd just come out and win. I think with the pressure of the acquisitions and all the talk, i think they are going to surprise a lot of people with how flat they are going to be this year.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2007, 09:46 AM
What would lead anyone to believe that Moss is better than ever? He has had back to back poor seasons and he is over 30. Not saying he still isn't very good but come on....

feelthepain
06-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Anyone read today's Peter King article? All the Pat's quotes sound to me that they are trying to overcompensate for something.

1. they all are talking about how Brady is the unquestioned leader.
2. They all talk about how Moss is still as good as he was, maybe even a little better.

It's annoying to be honest. in years past you wouldn't hear the players much. they'd just come out and win. I think with the pressure of the acquisitions and all the talk, i think they are going to surprise a lot of people with how flat they are going to be this year.

Maybe early, but in the end they'll win the division eaisly, IMO.

madness
06-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Maybe early, but in the end they'll win the division eaisly, IMO.

I have no problem with that this year. It would be even better if they win it all so BB decides to retire. The world would be a better place because of it.

patmoran2006
06-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I think Moss' best days are behind him. I dont even think he's a top 10 WR in this league anymore.

That being said, I think he's a tremendous asset to that NE offense. Between him and Stallworth getting deep with Welker working the middle, Brady should have his biggest year.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I think Moss' best days are behind him. I dont even think he's a top 10 WR in this league anymore.

That being said, I think he's a tremendous asset to that NE offense. Between him and Stallworth getting deep with Welker working the middle, Brady should have his biggest year.
Agreed on paper you can't go against this.

trapezeus
06-11-2007, 10:04 AM
i'm stilll shorting the pats big time this year. They are overly cocky and think they have it all just because of their acquisitions. that's not the patriots model. that's the redskin model, and it's never worked.

I really think this year is the end of the patriots.

mybills
06-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Hopefully Brady's babies will keep him up all night and he'll fall asleep on the field like Bledsoe.

patmoran2006
06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
I dont think NE should have any problems winning the AFC East this year.

But if people think they're just going to steamroll the AFC's best like SD and INdy because of these pickups, they're nuts.

SD has ridiculous talent, almost all of it just entering their prime. Any Peyton Manning led team is very dangerous and now they know what it takes to win it all.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
The one thing that could cause the Patriots to fall apart would be a lengthy injury to Saint Brady.

Mr. Miyagi
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Hopefully Brady's babies will keep him up all night and he'll fall asleep on the field like Bledsoe.
You're assuming Brady will actually participate in caring for his offsprings.

cocamide
06-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Does anyone on the boards have about twenty million dollars? We can kill two birds with one stone here. We sign Walker with the stipulation that he must break Brady's leg this season. If their team stays healthy, they win the AFC again, no question. They should've won it last year, and who knows if SD will be alright after their coaching changes.

Meathead
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
better teams have imploded before you neva no

realistic bills goals this season a) beat the pats 2) sneak into the playoffs

you figure if they do a 2 is a lot more likely

TigerJ
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I dont think NE should have any problems winning the AFC East this year.

But if people think they're just going to steamroll the AFC's best like SD and INdy because of these pickups, they're nuts.

SD has ridiculous talent, almost all of it just entering their prime. Any Peyton Manning led team is very dangerous and now they know what it takes to win it all.

Sadly, the odds favor a New England repeat in the AFC East. Thankfully, you are also right in that the Patriots are no longer the class of the AFC.