• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Levy says ball is in "Walker's Court"

Doesn't say in the article, but it would seem as if Overdorf has made whatever offer and it's a "take it or leave it" deal.

It's impossible I think to really speculate until we find out what the Buffalo Bills are offering. Are the Bills low-balling or is Walker being unreasonable?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Levy says ball is in "Walker's Court"

It sounds as it the Bills are responding pubically to Walker's agent *****ing publically.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

AGreed.

Again though, I'm more interested in us finding out exactly what we're offering. I'm dying to know if we're trying to low-ball him with a crap offer (and we knew he wanted a new deal before the trade)-- or if we've made a reasonable offer and Walker is simply being unreasonable in what he wants.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• cocamide
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        AGreed.

Again though, I'm more interested in us finding out exactly what we're offering. I'm dying to know if we're trying to low-ball him with a crap offer (and we knew he wanted a new deal before the trade)-- or if we've made a reasonable offer and Walker is simply being unreasonable in what he wants.
        It's probably a mixture of the two. Unfortunately for us, we probably need him more than he needs us.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

My bet is that Marv has offered an avg to above avg deal (Based on... Reed/Price/Denney/Kelsay/Walker/Dockery etc... ). If I were a betting man Walker and his agent view himself more "valuable" on the market! IMHO

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Without sounding wishy-washy, I would guess both. I would guess the Bills are coming in low and Walker high.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I think they're offering him his Eagle's contract plus a tube of Pringles.

Take it or leave it.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Personally I think Walker is coming in High, and the Bills are coming in on Avg, if u look at it we lose players to high contracts, but usually keep players with avg deals, plus i got a feeling Walker dont want to play here!
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Without sounding wishy-washy, I would guess both. I would guess the Bills are coming in low and Walker high.
                  And knowing agents, it's entirely possible that Walker has changed his demands since the two sides first talked at the time of the trade.

I know I'm naive, but Marv has always seemed like a straight shooter to me. It may very well be that this is not all about a crap offer from the Bills, or Marv's stupidity or Ralph's cheapness.

It may be at least partly that Walker's agent has not negotiated in good faith.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If he doesn't want to be here, F him.

Let's move on.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone here think that Walker's worth?

He's a 30-year old DT that seems to be on the decline. Every one of his 6 sacks were either on very sackable (Bledsoe 3), poor (E. Manning), or novice (Romo, Gradkowski) QBs, five of which were in games that the Eagles allowed an average of 26 points. He was an integral part of the league's 26th ranked rushing defense.

So what's Walker worth in y'all's opinion?

How many years, how much money, how big a signing bonus?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy

He's a 30-year old DT that seems to be on the decline. Every one of his 6 sacks were either on very sackable (Bledsoe 3), poor (E. Manning), or novice (Romo, Gradkowski) QBs, five of which were in games that the Eagles allowed an average of 26 points. He was an integral part of the league's 26th ranked rushing defense.
                        Sounds like you could be describing your boys Fletcher and Spikes, except Fletch is pushing 33, they couldn't master 6 sacks between them, and they were integral cogs in the league's 28th ranked defense.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                          Just out of curiosity, what does everyone here think that Walker's worth?

So what's Walker worth in y'all's opinion?

How many years, how much money, how big a signing bonus?
                          Another objective summation of the evidence available, I see.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                            !?!?!?!?!?
                            • Mar 2006

i think he'll sign but i couldn't care less

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

If you take away his 6 sacks, he's worth 980k, just like Tim Anderson
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X