PDA

View Full Version : Levy says ball is in "Walker's Court"

patmoran2006
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4851

Doesn't say in the article, but it would seem as if Overdorf has made whatever offer and it's a "take it or leave it" deal.

It's impossible I think to really speculate until we find out what the Buffalo Bills are offering. Are the Bills low-balling or is Walker being unreasonable?

Dr. Lecter
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
It sounds as it the Bills are responding pubically to Walker's agent *****ing publically.

patmoran2006
06-11-2007, 12:20 PM
AGreed.

Again though, I'm more interested in us finding out exactly what we're offering. I'm dying to know if we're trying to low-ball him with a crap offer (and we knew he wanted a new deal before the trade)-- or if we've made a reasonable offer and Walker is simply being unreasonable in what he wants.

cocamide
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
AGreed.

Again though, I'm more interested in us finding out exactly what we're offering. I'm dying to know if we're trying to low-ball him with a crap offer (and we knew he wanted a new deal before the trade)-- or if we've made a reasonable offer and Walker is simply being unreasonable in what he wants.

It's probably a mixture of the two. Unfortunately for us, we probably need him more than he needs us.

alohabillsfan
06-11-2007, 12:24 PM
My bet is that Marv has offered an avg to above avg deal (Based on... Reed/Price/Denney/Kelsay/Walker/Dockery etc... ). If I were a betting man Walker and his agent view himself more "valuable" on the market! IMHO

Dr. Lecter
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Without sounding wishy-washy, I would guess both. I would guess the Bills are coming in low and Walker high.

Mr. Miyagi
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I think they're offering him his Eagle's contract plus a tube of Pringles.

Take it or leave it.

bigbub2352
06-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Personally I think Walker is coming in High, and the Bills are coming in on Avg, if u look at it we lose players to high contracts, but usually keep players with avg deals, plus i got a feeling Walker dont want to play here!

Jan Reimers
06-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Without sounding wishy-washy, I would guess both. I would guess the Bills are coming in low and Walker high.
And knowing agents, it's entirely possible that Walker has changed his demands since the two sides first talked at the time of the trade.

I know I'm naive, but Marv has always seemed like a straight shooter to me. It may very well be that this is not all about a crap offer from the Bills, or Marv's stupidity or Ralph's cheapness.

It may be at least partly that Walker's agent has not negotiated in good faith.

Mr. Miyagi
06-11-2007, 01:12 PM
If he doesn't want to be here, F him.

Let's move on.

Wys Guy
06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone here think that Walker's worth?

He's a 30-year old DT that seems to be on the decline. Every one of his 6 sacks were either on very sackable (Bledsoe 3), poor (E. Manning), or novice (Romo, Gradkowski) QBs, five of which were in games that the Eagles allowed an average of 26 points. He was an integral part of the league's 26th ranked rushing defense.

So what's Walker worth in y'all's opinion?

How many years, how much money, how big a signing bonus?

Jan Reimers
06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
He's a 30-year old DT that seems to be on the decline. Every one of his 6 sacks were either on very sackable (Bledsoe 3), poor (E. Manning), or novice (Romo, Gradkowski) QBs, five of which were in games that the Eagles allowed an average of 26 points. He was an integral part of the league's 26th ranked rushing defense.

Sounds like you could be describing your boys Fletcher and Spikes, except Fletch is pushing 33, they couldn't master 6 sacks between them, and they were integral cogs in the league's 28th ranked defense.:dance:

YardRat
06-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone here think that Walker's worth?

So what's Walker worth in y'all's opinion?

How many years, how much money, how big a signing bonus?

Another objective summation of the evidence available, I see.

BILLSROCK1212
06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
i think he'll sign but i couldn't care less

casdhf
06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
If you take away his 6 sacks, he's worth 980k, just like Tim Anderson

BILLSROCK1212
06-11-2007, 01:45 PM
If you take away his 6 sacks, he's worth 980k, just like Tim Andersonand if you take away 1,000 yards from JP's stats we'd have Brady Quinn as our QB....what's your point?

Mr. Miyagi
06-11-2007, 01:51 PM
and if you take away 1,000 yards from JP's stats we'd have Brady Quinn as our QB....what's your point?
Cas was being sarcastic. Relax.

Bling
06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Sounds like you could be describing your boys Fletcher and Spikes, except Fletch is pushing 33, they couldn't master 6 sacks between them, and they were integral cogs in the league's 28th ranked defense.:dance:

If you're going to replace a top 5 tackle machine in the league might as well replace him with someone good. Letting Fletch go was a mistake.

Talk0fNewYork
06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
If you're going to replace a top 5 tackle machine in the league might as well replace him with someone good. Letting Fletch go was a mistake.If your gonna let culpepper leave might as well find a replacment younger than his dad!

SquishDaFish
06-11-2007, 02:53 PM
The only thing the Bills are going to miss with Fletcher is his leadership not play on field. Most of his tackles came 5-10 yards away from line of scrimmage.