2. Dolphins
    3. Bills
    4. Jets

Defense
    1. Patriots
    2. Jets
    3. Dolphins
    4. Bills

I couldn't agree more. Yet again, Jaws proves why he's the best NFL analyst on ESPN.
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Re: Ron Jaworski ranks AFC East offense and defense

Like I said in another thread, Miami has more talent than Buffalo and the Jets. The only problem is they don't play team football, and don't know about this coach. I'm expecting the worse, hoping for the best.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Late to the party once again, Bling.

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by madness
        Late to the party once again, Bling.
        I don't get it. What's that suppose to mean?

Comment

• evol4276
          • Oct 2005

i dunno about the defense for the dolphins being 3rd.. i thought theyd at least be second by his guess. yea well. i also thought we wulda been second for explosive plays.. but then i forgot we had a weak offense last year.. tho we did have a lot of big plays. but w/e lol.. i love how the sopranos segment took longer than the afc east review

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

I couldn't belive they had Miami's offense better than our. The reason they said was because of Ginn and Chambers...lol. Who do the Dolphins have for a QB again? Trent Green is not mobile and will be even more exposed with a bad o-line which they have. I dunno I like Losman, Evans, Lynch more than the Dolphins supposed impact players.

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by evol4276
              i dunno about the defense for the dolphins being 3rd.. i thought theyd at least be second by his guess. yea well. i also thought we wulda been second for explosive plays.. but then i forgot we had a weak offense last year.. tho we did have a lot of big plays. but w/e lol.. i love how the sopranos segment took longer than the afc east review
              Yeah, I was a little skeptical about how the Jets were ranked so high. They were the worst statistically last year in the AFCE (behind the Bills), and the Dolphins were the best. I guess he's just predicting. I can see where losing Saban plus the age question might slow the Fins D down.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Bling
                I don't get it. What's that suppose to mean?
                He has our offesnse 3rd in the afc east and Defense 4th just saw it on sportscenter These were his overall rankings for the afc east Offense pats dolphins Bills jets Defense pats jets dolphins bills Didnt say much just that J.P is becoming a good starting qb and he found his #1 wr in evans. Defense, he

B-DON beat you by a minute. Mods please merge.

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  I couldn't belive they had Miami's offense better than our. The reason they said was because of Ginn and Chambers...lol. Who do the Dolphins have for a QB again? Trent Green is not mobile and will be even more exposed with a bad o-line which they have. I dunno I like Losman, Evans, Lynch more than the Dolphins supposed impact players.
                  Generally speaking, Green is one of the most respected QB's in the league.

Let's assume that Green = Losman and Miami O-line = Buffalo O-line. I'd personally take Ginn, Chambers, Booker, Hagan Brown over Evans, Price, Reed, Parris, Lynch. I'm sure majority of football fans would too.

Of course, if Green isn't Green anymore - you have an argument.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Let's assume that Green = Losman and Miami O-line = Buffalo O-line. I'd personally take Ginn, Chambers, Booker, Hagan Brown over Evans, Price, Reed, Parris, Lynch. I'm sure majority of football fans would too.
                    If your assumptions are correct, I'd agree... But I don't think the O-lines are equal... And that will have a compund effect due to Green's lack of mobility.

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by draz54
                      If your assumptions are correct, I'd agree... But I don't think the O-lines are equal... And that will have a compund effect due to Green's lack of mobility.
                      That's fine with me. There's no denying that Miami's O-line is in a shuffle, and there's no denying that Green benefited from that O-line in KC.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Of course, if Green isn't Green anymore - you have an argument.
                        Umm, the Phins possibly have one of the worst offensive lines in the league...how are they supposed to protect the statue that is Trent Green??? Stop with this crap already...the Phins will not be that good this year. They are old and their defense is well past it's prime. They also are worse at the CB position than the Bills are and that is saying something.

Sorry, but yet again you show your ignorance.

Comment

• Bling
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          how are they supposed to protect the statue that is Trent Green???
                          The same way they protected Joey Harrington? Maybe Green knows how to get rid of the ball faster than Daunte (who he probably runs as fast as). Who knows? I'm worried, yes.

Stop with this crap already...the Phins will not be that good this year.
                          You see what you want to see. I don't always agree with FTP, but he's right when he says that the Bills has as many question marks as Miami. What Buffalo has that Miami doesn't is the same Head Coach and the same QB for a second year.

They are old and their defense is well past it's prime. They also are worse at the CB position than the Bills are and that is saying something.
                          Talk about ignorance. Those old players are Defensive MVP and led the league in tackles. They're not going to all of a sudden drop to ****. They're going to slowly regress.

As for the CB position, I have no idea what you're talking about. We know who our #1 CB is (a solid starter in this year). Our second CB can be a veteran, former starter coming off injury, or 1st round sophomore like Ashton Youboty (minus the 1st round part, of course). Sounds like we know half our side. Is McGee even a legit #2?

Yet again, Nighthawk, you show your ignorance.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Miami's offense is going to be one of the worst in the league. Where's the quarterback? Where's the offensive line? All they have is Ronnie Brown and, sometimes, Chris Chambers. Don't throw Ted Ginn at me; if he's even good, it will take time to adjust. Lee Evans didn't do much as a rookie until the second half of the season.

My rankings...

Offense:

1. NE
                            2. Buffalo
                            3. NYJ
                            4. Miami

Defense:

1. NE
                            2. Miami
                            3. NYJ
                            4. Buffalo

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

The only advantage the Fins have on offense is maybe more depth at receiver. Other than that ...

JP > Green (old and immobile, doesn't have Gonzo to throw to anymore)
                              Lynch > Brown (barely over 1,000 yards last year)
                              Evans > Chambers (wasn't even top WR on team last year)

And the rest are at best a push.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X