PDA

View Full Version : McCargo and Walker situation not looking good.

HHURRICANE
06-11-2007, 08:31 PM
The minicamp notes are a joke. McCargo is "jogging with Anderson" and Walker is "subject to fines" for not reporting.

The DL needed a healthy McCargo and a signed Walker.

Sorry but our GM needs to get more than "optimistic."

FlyingDutchman
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
nothing new. i think they're just taking it easy with mccargo so he doesnt pull an Everett and be done before training camp even begins

Mad Bomber
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
The minicamp notes are a joke. McCargo is "jogging with Anderson"

Even with a bum foot he's probably smoking that lardass.

HHURRICANE
06-11-2007, 09:09 PM
nothing new. i think they're just taking it easy with mccargo so he doesnt pull an Everett and be done before training camp even begins

Although I understand not bringing someone back from an injury too quickly that doesn't mean this is good news either.

FlyingDutchman
06-11-2007, 09:43 PM
anyone know the last time mccargo had surgery?

feelthepain
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
The minicamp notes are a joke. McCargo is "jogging with Anderson" and Walker is "subject to fines" for not reporting.

It's still real early.

seanbillsfan
06-11-2007, 10:12 PM

they HAVE to sign walker. i dont know why they would bring him in if they plan on inking him to long term deal. they knew he wanted a new contract, it would really make us look stupid if he went back to philly

M
06-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Even with a bum foot he's probably smoking that lardass.

:rofl:

madness
06-12-2007, 07:56 AM
"McCargo will be ready to go by training camp."

Jan Reimers
06-12-2007, 07:56 AM
I think they're just being properly cautious with McCargo, and that he will most likely be OK by training camp. But I am somewhat worried about his health. And I'm very concerned about Walker's status.

A DT quartet of Triplett, Williams, McCargo and Walker would at least be respectable. Subtract the last two, and it's not good.

justasportsfan
06-12-2007, 08:14 AM
yeah, lets rush Mcargo just like Culppepper. :rolleyes:

Goobylal
06-12-2007, 08:30 AM
It's certainly not good news that McCargo is still out, but it's not the end of the world either. He'll have had over a year to at least absorb the playbook and get more comfortable with his role in the cover-2, while I'm sure he added muscle, strength, and endurance over the past year. Where he's lacking is on-field game experience and he got some last year and was starting to improve when he got injured.

As for Walker, I wish they'd just give him the money. The Bills could use a guy like him and they knew he was looking for more money when they traded for him.

madness
06-12-2007, 08:35 AM

He had a "cleanup" procedure during the offseason.

The Spaz
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
I dunno McCargo is doing more than he was so it seems like "progress" to me.

PromoTheRobot
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Agreed. I think Marv Levy should set himself on fire to atone for his gross incompetence. Right after he forfiets all our games this year because we have no chance of winning any of them.

PTR

Jan Reimers
06-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Agreed. I think Marv Levy should set himself on fire to atone for his gross incompetence. Right after he forfiets all our games this year because we have no chance of winning any of them.

PTR
Eloquently stated, sir.:respect:

dannyek71
06-12-2007, 10:19 AM
say hello to a steady rotation of T Anderson, Tripllet, and Kyle Williams

Wys Guy
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM

Makes sense to me.

raphael120
06-12-2007, 11:29 AM
It doesnt matter how much McCargo might have absorbed the playbook, he can read it all he wants, but it aint going to help him heal up faster OR prevent ANOTHER injury to the same foot he's injured two times now.

Wys Guy
06-12-2007, 11:33 AM
It doesnt matter how much McCargo might have absorbed the playbook, he can read it all he wants, but it aint going to help him heal up faster OR prevent ANOTHER injury to the same foot he's injured two times now.

More common sense.

Here's even more; given that his injuries have always been stress fractures, meaning that no one did anything to him, that he gets hurt merely by putting a strain on his foot/feet, it seems unlikely to me that in the NFL where those rigors increase exponentially, that his risk of injury has gone down now as a result of his playing in the NFL.

And even more, he logged one sack in his last two seasons of play at NC St. To assume more here in the NFL in about the same number of games yet at NFL caliber play, and again, with his "feet," would be unwise and has little basis.

madness
06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I think everyone is looking into his injury too much especially when labeling him 'injury prone'. Originally, it was a stress fracture that didn't heal right. Breaking the same bone might have been the best thing for it. Now at least, the bone has a chance to heal correctly.

TigerJ
06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
The target right along has been to have McCargo ready for training camp.

Romes
06-15-2007, 11:21 AM

I wondered the same thing. I finally found an answer in print.

McCargo, a first-round draft choice last year, is rehabilitating his left foot, which he injured last season. He missed the last 11 games last season due to a broken bone and had surgery last October. He had another surgery in February because doctors were not completely satisfied that the foot had healed.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/98454.html

Ultra Chimp 1
06-15-2007, 11:28 AM
McCargo blows.