PDA

View Full Version : Nall Makes Stride as #2 QB.

blackonyx89
06-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Do you feel comfortable with Nall being # 2 or would you like to have Edwards as your #2? I like Edwards he's got an arm on him and I have a very good vibe about this kid.

patmoran2006
06-12-2007, 09:52 AM
I think Edwards would have to be VERY impressive in preseason games to feel comfortable as a #2 as a rookie.

I like them ALL better than Holcomb though

justasportsfan
06-12-2007, 09:53 AM
the best man.

bigbub2352
06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
This article totally contridicts what i have heard, Chris Brown and Paul Hamilton both have been present at the OTAs and the mini camp and both are saying Nall is strugglin and short thorwing alot of WRs, Personally i dont have a problem with him as our 2 for this year but Trent will be it next year and for years to come after that!, also u could see us cut Nall for a little cap room to help sign Darwin's fat ass, and they could move Eakin into the 3rd spot, he has played well when given the shot in NFLE and has a supporter in AVP

Saratoga Slim
06-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I have little confidence in either Nall or Edwards as a #2 at this point, cause neither has proven anything in the NFL. Maybe after the preseason I'll have at least an inkling of confidence after having seen them both on the field.

I do have a good vibe about Edwards though, I think he'll eventually be a very good backup.

Holcomb was a decent backup, but even if he was more experienced and more of a known commodity, I'm glad to see him move on. I think getting rid of him was a necessary move for team chemistry reasons.

ibatiger
06-12-2007, 11:23 AM
This article totally contridicts what i have heard, Chris Brown and Paul Hamilton both have been present at the OTAs and the mini camp and both are saying Nall is strugglin and short thorwing alot of WRs, Personally i dont have a problem with him as our 2 for this year but Trent will be it next year and for years to come after that!, also u could see us cut Nall for a little cap room to help sign Darwin's fat ass, and they could move Eakin into the 3rd spot, he has played well when given the shot in NFLE and has a supporter in AVP

And did they tell you that Losman is throwing a lot of interceptions and has had more than his share of lackluster days including just about the entire first week? And he plays with the best players and takes the vast majority of reps. The fact is that both Losman and Nall are doing well at this point with what they are working with and what is expected from them. Edwards is not more talented than Nall in the first place and is years behind him in development and maturity. There is no reason to believe that he will overtake either Losman or Nall this year or any other year. It could happen but is not very likely. Certainly, nothing has happened so far to suggest that it might.

bigbub2352
06-12-2007, 12:03 PM
And did they tell you that Losman is throwing a lot of interceptions and has had more than his share of lackluster days including just about the entire first week? And he plays with the best players and takes the vast majority of reps. The fact is that both Losman and Nall are doing well at this point with what they are working with and what is expected from them. Edwards is not more talented than Nall in the first place and is years behind him in development and maturity. There is no reason to believe that he will overtake either Losman or Nall this year or any other year. It could happen but is not very likely. Certainly, nothing has happened so far to suggest that it might.
Actually everytime Losman thru a pick or made a bad thorw they did say something, they also said that Nall had good throw too, so what is your point, i was not there, were u?, i am going by the observations of WGR's beat reporter, and buffalobills.com beat reporter, i guess u must have a better source, i never said Edwards would over take Losman, but Edwards is alot more talented then Nall, Experienced no, but there is a reason Nall didnt get drafted, and GB didnt sign him, and Edwards was one of the most recruited players coming out of HS, and drafted in the 3rd round and was projected a 1st to 2nd round pick, not too many QBs get the praise that Edwards got on Draft day, Nall couldnt even beat out Holocomb for the 2 spot after he pulled his hamstring,

Again i am a fan of Nall, but i am just being realisitic, Nall is not the future and is nothing more than a journeyman backup, Edwards could at the very least get us a Matt Schaub type deal if he performs well, in spot duty and preseason, i dont think u could even get the 7th rounder we got for Holocomb if u tried to trade him

BILLSROCK1212
06-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Do you feel comfortable with Nall being # 2 or would you like to have Edwards as your #2? I like Edwards he's got an arm on him and I have a very good vibe about this kid.:link:

patmoran2006
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
If you're correct.> Then what a garbage, wasteful pick he would be on the first day.

I personally don't buy that he's not at least better than Nall.

ibatiger
06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Actually everytime Losman thru a pick or made a bad thorw they did say something, they also said that Nall had good throw too, so what is your point, i was not there, were u?, i am going by the observations of WGR's beat reporter, and buffalobills.com beat reporter, i guess u must have a better source, i never said Edwards would over take Losman, but Edwards is alot more talented then Nall, Experienced no, but there is a reason Nall didnt get drafted, and GB didnt sign him, and Edwards was one of the most recruited players coming out of HS, and drafted in the 3rd round and was projected a 1st to 2nd round pick, not too many QBs get the praise that Edwards got on Draft day, Nall couldnt even beat out Holocomb for the 2 spot after he pulled his hamstring,

Again i am a fan of Nall, but i am just being realisitic, Nall is not the future and is nothing more than a journeyman backup, Edwards could at the very least get us a Matt Schaub type deal if he performs well, in spot duty and preseason, i dont think u could even get the 7th rounder we got for Holocomb if u tried to trade him

Where do you think Nall came from? I assure you that he was as highly recruited out of HS as any QB in 1997. He visited SOS at Florida and he offered him on the spot. Nall committed early to LSU and SOS hounded him until signing day to come to UF. Nall looked like any other AA QB at LSU and was the undesputed leader to take over in 1999 when Josh Booty and all the hype surrounding him decided to come back to college from MLB. Nall was benched for the year at halftime of the first game of the year while leading 17-7. His replacement, Rohan Davey was soon benched as well in favor of Josh Booty. Booty went on to break every record for futility by a QB that year and eventually the dunderhead coach (DiNardo) was fired. The next year Nall pulled his groin in the final scrimmage and later when he was to play in the Florida game had his thumb shattered to pieces in pregame warmup while holding for the placekicker. Rohan Davey emerged by the end of the season and Nall decided to end his career with one good year of playing ball, so he went to NSU and in one year broke many of Bobby Hebert's records. He was in fact the fourth QB on Green Bays board going into the draft. Three teams were onto him, but Green Bay held a private workout and told him where he stood with them. They were going as high as the fourth, but in the end felt they could wait until the fifth and that is where they took him. Many people think he is some undrafted FA overachiever. He is in fact extremely talented. I doubt seriously if Edwards is more talented than Nall. He may be similar or a little more or less talented physically, but other than being more mobile I doubt very seriously that he has anything else on Nall. What Nall did in NFLE and everytime he had a chance to play in GB is well known and documented. So, Nall is not some untalented overachiever want to be. If you think so then you might as well change your thinking. Edwards may turn out to be a great catch. But seriously, I don't think Nall is concerned about him at all at this point. There is no reason to be as long as he keeps improving and playing up to his potential. Same goes for Losman. In any event. Edwards is the one who has EVERYTHING to prove at this point. Which is right where he should be as a rookie. Let's see what he does this preseason and then re-evaluate him.

TigerJ
06-12-2007, 09:27 PM
The impression I'm getting is that Losman is worlds ahead of where he was a year ago and is playing like he is the starter, knows he's the starter, and intends to hold on to that spot. I've heard relatively little about Nall, and none of it bad. He has been completing a lot of passes. Both he and Losman are on target most of the time. Both miss occasionally, but who doesn't. In the daily reports, I've seen even less about Trent Edwards. From what little I've heard, he is doing fine, but he is working both with and against other youngsters and third stringers. I think that Trent is considered to have a little better athletic ability than Nall, and a stronger arm, though Nall has a strong arm himself. Nall certainly has the advantage of experience, and I would be somewhat surprised if Edwards beat him out for #2 this year.

I have a suspicion that Nall still has a longing to start and has probably figured out the odds of that happening in Buffalo are slim to none, hingeing on an injury to Losman. I think he'll be a good soldier this year, but it wouldn't surprise me if when his contract is up, he'll go looking for a team with a shakey QB situation. If that's several years away, he might even ask Marv to look at trading options. He's in his prime now, but he's got to know the clock is ticking on his chances to ever start.

ibatiger
06-13-2007, 07:41 AM
The impression I'm getting is that Losman is worlds ahead of where he was a year ago and is playing like he is the starter, knows he's the starter, and intends to hold on to that spot. I've heard relatively little about Nall, and none of it bad. He has been completing a lot of passes. Both he and Losman are on target most of the time. Both miss occasionally, but who doesn't. In the daily reports, I've seen even less about Trent Edwards. From what little I've heard, he is doing fine, but he is working both with and against other youngsters and third stringers. I think that Trent is considered to have a little better athletic ability than Nall, and a stronger arm, though Nall has a strong arm himself. Nall certainly has the advantage of experience, and I would be somewhat surprised if Edwards beat him out for #2 this year.

I have a suspicion that Nall still has a longing to start and has probably figured out the odds of that happening in Buffalo are slim to none, hingeing on an injury to Losman. I think he'll be a good soldier this year, but it wouldn't surprise me if when his contract is up, he'll go looking for a team with a shakey QB situation. If that's several years away, he might even ask Marv to look at trading options. He's in his prime now, but he's got to know the clock is ticking on his chances to ever start.

My guess is that he'll be gone after the 2008 season, his last on his contract. The only thing that would thwart that would be if, like you said, Losman got hurt. But even then, it would probably only make him more valuable to somebody else if he got some starts under his belt to show what he can do as a starter. That's assuming that Losman just came back as the starter after an injury. Anyway you look at it chances are pretty good that he's gone after 2008 unless he somehow becomes the regular starter. The other day Jauron said that nobody is above being replaced by a better player, so as they say anything can happen.

blackonyx89
06-13-2007, 08:39 AM
:link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/96903.html

:oops: Sorry about that!

bigbub2352
06-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Where do you think Nall came from? I assure you that he was as highly recruited out of HS as any QB in 1997. He visited SOS at Florida and he offered him on the spot. Nall committed early to LSU and SOS hounded him until signing day to come to UF. Nall looked like any other AA QB at LSU and was the undesputed leader to take over in 1999 when Josh Booty and all the hype surrounding him decided to come back to college from MLB. Nall was benched for the year at halftime of the first game of the year while leading 17-7. His replacement, Rohan Davey was soon benched as well in favor of Josh Booty. Booty went on to break every record for futility by a QB that year and eventually the dunderhead coach (DiNardo) was fired. The next year Nall pulled his groin in the final scrimmage and later when he was to play in the Florida game had his thumb shattered to pieces in pregame warmup while holding for the placekicker. Rohan Davey emerged by the end of the season and Nall decided to end his career with one good year of playing ball, so he went to NSU and in one year broke many of Bobby Hebert's records. He was in fact the fourth QB on Green Bays board going into the draft. Three teams were onto him, but Green Bay held a private workout and told him where he stood with them. They were going as high as the fourth, but in the end felt they could wait until the fifth and that is where they took him. Many people think he is some undrafted FA overachiever. He is in fact extremely talented. I doubt seriously if Edwards is more talented than Nall. He may be similar or a little more or less talented physically, but other than being more mobile I doubt very seriously that he has anything else on Nall. What Nall did in NFLE and everytime he had a chance to play in GB is well known and documented. So, Nall is not some untalented overachiever want to be. If you think so then you might as well change your thinking. Edwards may turn out to be a great catch. But seriously, I don't think Nall is concerned about him at all at this point. There is no reason to be as long as he keeps improving and playing up to his potential. Same goes for Losman. In any event. Edwards is the one who has EVERYTHING to prove at this point. Which is right where he should be as a rookie. Let's see what he does this preseason and then re-evaluate him.

I am not questioning Nall's talent and i agree with u that he probably was highly recruited out of HS, i was just stating facts about what the beat writers were saying, i am a fan of Nall and was glad we signed him, i just think that Nall will play 1 more year here probably and then he will be let go, U dont draft a QB in the 3rd round unless he is highly regarded, especially when we didnt need a QB, and Nall after all u wrote still didnt get drafted and was a career 3rd stringer, so i am just happy we actually have quality depth for a change at QB, anything is better than Shane Falco Mattews, and Greg Zolman LOL