PDA

View Full Version : Jerry O was NOT asked to take a pay cut?

RedEyE
08-20-2002, 06:05 PM
False reports of JO taking a paycut?

From PFW Whispers/ESPN:
* The way we hear it, guard Jerry Ostroski may not have been asked to take a pay cut as recently reported elsewhere. When Ostroski was asked about it by Buffalo reporters after the story came out, he seemed surprised about it. Also, general manager Tom Donahoe denied that he'd even talked to Ostroski's agent. Ostroski still was on the physically-unable-to-perform list at presstime, struggling to get back in action with a leg injury.

ArcticWildMan
08-20-2002, 06:23 PM
I bet that was a "leak" just to gauge Jerry O's response.

The_Philster
08-20-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
False reports of JO taking a paycut?

From PFW Whispers/ESPN:
* The way we hear it, guard Jerry Ostroski may not have been asked to take a pay cut as recently reported elsewhere. When Ostroski was asked about it by Buffalo reporters after the story came out, he seemed surprised about it. Also, general manager Tom Donahoe denied that he'd even talked to Ostroski's agent. Ostroski still was on the physically-unable-to-perform list at presstime, struggling to get back in action with a leg injury.

They're a little slow. Empire reported that stuff the day the rumor came out...by talking to JerryO AND Donahoe.

RedEyE
08-20-2002, 08:09 PM
Oops! I thought I found something cutting edge.

Great point AWM

Typ0
08-20-2002, 08:22 PM
Jerry O is a leftover from the Fade era so the new FO figured the way to do business with him is to publish it in the media before they asked him directly...Oh, wait...nevermind.