• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bills latest offer to Walker

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Levy said Monday that the Bills took a big step in trying to close the gap between the two sides by offering to nix the second of the two years Walker has remaining on the current contract he was going to play under before he was traded to Buffalo by the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for Takeo Spikes and Kelly Holcomb. That would mean the eighth-year veteran would be eligible to test the free-agent market in 2008.

"We've made a proposal to eliminate the last year of his contract and he has two years to go," Levy said. "That is a fantastic concession. Let him come in and if he blows us away and he performs, then we'd do it (a new deal). But we need to see some performance from him before we do that.

"So, right now, unless there's an acceptance of that as a tremendous concession on our part, I don't see him (here)."

The article goes on to say that Walker is scheduled make 1.3 million this year. I think the Bills are giving him a fair offer. If I were the Bills I might throw in a small signing bonus with that offer. More than that is giving more than Walker deserves.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Elminster
    #1 Kelsay Fan
    • Oct 2006

Re: Bills latest offer to Walker

I think it's a fair proposition. We're unwilling to pay big for some one who hasn't played a down for us, he's unwilling to keep his current contract because he WOULD get plenty more on the open market.....let's hope he takes it.
    Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
      ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
      • Jan 2007

That greedy ***** better take that, or get the **** out of buffalo!

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

bottom line is the guy has 2 years left on his contract and hasn't even made an attempt to show up in Buffalo for OTA's voluntary or mandatory. This says a lot about his character. If he had one year left then I can understand pushing for an extension, but with 2 years left no deal. Even so you still show up for some team activities, get to know the players around you and study the playbook etc...

If he's willing to play on a one year deal then good for us, otherwise I look forward to that 6th rd pick. I really don't care what he can do to help our DL I just don't like these types of players, and really could care less about him one way or the other.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

what a novel concept- making a player prove his value BEFORE throwing big bucks at him.

It seems like a fair deal to me, however I doubt Walker and his agent see it that way.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Doubt they go for it, though I think its a good offer
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

This looks good depending on how the contract was initially established. If the contract was heavily backloaded, he might see it as a way for Buffalo to eliminate costs. Personally, I think it's a fair deal. He shows us a little get up and go this year and he's rewarded for it. If he doesn't like Buffalo, he's free to walk after one year.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Yeah you would think he would want to gain the support of his new employer, what he did in Philly is in philly, it will be interesing how this pans out, but i got a bad feeling we will have 2 picks in the 6th round next year, he can go back to philly and htey are gonna cut him, and then someone will sign him to league minimum, cause he aint gettin more than 1.5-2mil range from anybody
                just another example of the spoiled ignorance in the NFL
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                  Yeah you would think he would want to gain the support of his new employer, what he did in Philly is in philly, it will be interesing how this pans out, but i got a bad feeling we will have 2 picks in the 6th round next year, he can go back to philly and htey are gonna cut him, and then someone will sign him to league minimum, cause he aint gettin more than 1.5-2mil range from anybody
                  just another example of the spoiled ignorance in the NFL
                  wouldn't it be great if he went back to Philly, we get the 6th rounder, then he gets cut and signs with us for $1m a year cuz no one else offers him anything? I know it's highly unlikely but that's a dream outcome.

The thing that scares me the most about this situation is without Walker, the only difference between this year's DL and last year's DL is McCargo who's still nursing an injury.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

He's holding out for a better deal, this isn't pay for play, it's play for pay.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      wouldn't it be great if he went back to Philly, we get the 6th rounder, then he gets cut and signs with us for $1m a year cuz no one else offers him anything? I know it's highly unlikely but that's a dream outcome.
                      LOL, I'd love to see that!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

That sounds like a fair offer!

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

Knowing our luck he will be a pro-bowler this year and sign elsewhere.

It would figure.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37

The thing that scares me the most about this situation is without Walker, the only difference between this year's DL and last year's DL is McCargo who's still nursing an injury.
                            The funny thing is if he does get sent back he will be cut, but i dont think we would go after him anymore if that happens, what a jerk i still cant believe he is doing this, he should play ball then go for the money, U r right thou we do need McCargo to get healthy then this situation wouldnt look so bad, i still think we should have gone after Ian Scott
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
                              this isn't pay for play, it's play for pay.
                              huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X