Bills need to grow -- will it happen fast enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    • Mar 2005

Bills need to grow -- will it happen fast enough?

I thought this writeup in the USA Today was a pretty fair assessment of where we are as a team right now:

Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron firmly rejects the concept of rebuilding and the concessions it suggests.

"I'm not a person who uses that word at all," says Jauron, entering his second year with the Bills.

Jauron is to be applauded for his optimism, and it is understandable why a team in a small and difficult market would insist it's in a win-now mode.

Yet the reality of Buffalo's recent struggles and the youthful makeup of its roster suggests the organization is pointing more toward 2008 and 2009 than 2007. The Bills, 7-9 last season, failed to qualify for the playoffs for the seventh consecutive year. They have put together just one winning record since 1999.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Bills need to grow -- will it happen fast enough?

good article, but apparently writers for USA today dont get the luxury of someone revising their captions (caption for the pic of JP at the top):

J.P. Losman returns as starting quarterback for Buffalo in 2007 with more confidence that he's had in several years. He's also buoyed by having the same offensive coordinator -- Steve Fairchild -- as last year for the first time in his career.

Nitpicky, but it makes me mad that I can write better than these guys (or at very least notive basic grammatical errors.

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

Re: Bills need to grow -- will it happen fast enough?

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      good article, but apparently writers for USA today dont get the luxury of someone revising their captions (caption for the pic of JP at the top):

J.P. Losman returns as starting quarterback for Buffalo in 2007 with more confidence that he's had in several years. He's also buoyed by having the same offensive coordinator -- Steve Fairchild -- as last year for the first time in his career.

Nitpicky, but it makes me mad that I can write better than these guys (or at very least notive basic grammatical errors.
      You never mess up?

Comment

Working...
      X