PDA

View Full Version : Bills need to grow -- will it happen fast enough?

gil
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I thought this writeup in the USA Today was a pretty fair assessment of where we are as a team right now:

Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron firmly rejects the concept of rebuilding and the concessions it suggests.

"I'm not a person who uses that word at all," says Jauron, entering his second year with the Bills.

Jauron is to be applauded for his optimism, and it is understandable why a team in a small and difficult market would insist it's in a win-now mode.

Yet the reality of Buffalo's recent struggles and the youthful makeup of its roster suggests the organization is pointing more toward 2008 and 2009 than 2007. The Bills, 7-9 last season, failed to qualify for the playoffs for the seventh consecutive year. They have put together just one winning record since 1999.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2007-06-12-offseason-report_N.htm

Pinkerton Security
06-12-2007, 01:23 PM
good article, but apparently writers for USA today dont get the luxury of someone revising their captions (caption for the pic of JP at the top):

J.P. Losman returns as starting quarterback for Buffalo in 2007 with more confidence that he's had in several years. He's also buoyed by having the same offensive coordinator -- Steve Fairchild -- as last year for the first time in his career.

Nitpicky, but it makes me mad that I can write better than these guys (or at very least notive basic grammatical errors.

B-DON
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
good article, but apparently writers for USA today dont get the luxury of someone revising their captions (caption for the pic of JP at the top):

J.P. Losman returns as starting quarterback for Buffalo in 2007 with more confidence that he's had in several years. He's also buoyed by having the same offensive coordinator -- Steve Fairchild -- as last year for the first time in his career.

Nitpicky, but it makes me mad that I can write better than these guys (or at very least notive basic grammatical errors.

You never mess up?