PDA

View Full Version : Ray thanks the fans

The_Philster
03-16-2003, 09:08 AM
This morning's Buffalo News included, in the letters section, one from former fan favorite Rob Ray.

Dear Buffalo Sabres fans:

I can't thank you enough for the support you gave me over the last 14 years. You were instrumental in making the time I spent with the Buffalo Sabres the best years of my life. Ever since I arrived in Buffalo as a rookie in 1989, you accepted me and treated me like one of your own and for that I'll always be grateful.

I will be finishing the season elsewhere with the chance to fulfill my dream of winning a Stanley Cup, but Buffalo is still my home. My wife is from the area, and we will continue to make our home here because we wouldn't want it any other way.

I also want to thank the Buffalo Sabres organization for giving me a chance to play professional hockey. Nobody else wanted me when the Sabres drafted me in 1988, and they were the ones who showed faith in me by putting me on the ice every night.

I have made too many close friends and enjoyed too many great times in Buffalo to list them all here, but I must say the relationships I have made through the many local charities are the ones I will cherish most of all. No matter where I play next season and even after I retire, I will continue to donate my time and energy to helping those who need it most in Western New York.

I wish the Buffalo Sabres well under their new ownership. I hope that the organization can return to its past glory because the people of Buffalo deserve nothing less. I wish them all the best of luck.

Who knows? Maybe you will see me on the ice here again next year.

ROB RAY
more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030316/1002870.asp)

BironsGirl43
03-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Wow Phil.. I was just about to post this as well.. :)

It's great isn't it? *sniffle*

Gotta love the Rayzor.. great guy!

WereRat
03-16-2003, 01:34 PM
I also noticed the hint that there very well could be a trade back to Buffalo after this season...

Twistmyarm
03-16-2003, 08:03 PM
you really have to hope that he will want to retire as a Sabre and that the organization makes it happen for him!

SkateZilla
03-16-2003, 08:39 PM
i only liked Rays Fighting.

northernbillfan
03-17-2003, 02:15 AM
I know two guys in Edmonton, that could have been in the NHL, but quit in Junior, because of scraps they got into with Rob Ray.

Earthquake Enyart
03-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Ray is a UFA after this year. He could go anywhere.

Rude American
03-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Ray's done after this season. The league has made true toughguys a thing of the past. Ray can't play any other role. Muckler's a liar when he says he didn't sign Ray to add muscle for a potential playoff meeting against Toronto. Why else would he sign him? It surely aint for his goal-scoring ability.

One more thing... those kids that played Jr and quit...gutless.

Earthquake Enyart
03-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Yeah, they should keep playing until they are middle aged, dreaming about what might have been......Thinking that they are still worth a damn now....

Numero2
03-18-2003, 07:27 AM
say what you will about Ray's hockey skills.............but that dude is a class act in my book!

Judge
03-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
Ray's done after this season. The league has made true toughguys a thing of the past. Ray can't play any other role. Muckler's a liar when he says he didn't sign Ray to add muscle for a potential playoff meeting against Toronto. Why else would he sign him? It surely aint for his goal-scoring ability.

Tell that to CuJo after Ray perfectly positioned himself in front of the net and tapped home the game-winning goal in game 4 of the Semi-Finals when the Sabres STOMPED the Leafs!

:box: