PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Lindy's back and Darcy is too

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Forked from: Lindy's back (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2001404)

The Sabres have reached new contract agreements with both head coach Lindy Ruff and general manager Darcy Regier, Ch2 Sports has learned, and an official announcement is expected later this week at HSBC Arena.

Even though the contracts of both Ruff and Regier were expiring, there was never any real question of either one of them going elsewhere.

Ruff and Regier has been a "team" for nine seasons in Buffalo, and in six of those nine seasons, the Sabres have reached the playoffs.

The playoff appearances include three trips to the Eastern Conference finals, and one Stanley Cup final. Ruff's 52-36 (.591) playoff record is one of the best records of any active NHL coach.

Terms of the deals have not been made available.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=48834

YardRat
06-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Good. Drury should be signed before the weekend.

SabreEleven
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Drury should have been signed before he left the rink when Alfredson scored that freakin goal.

camelcowboy
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM
if it takes them this long to sign there GM and coach, im not real confident anything will get done soon with Drury, and Briere. Scilencing is deafning with the sabres right now.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
if it takes them this long to sign there GM and coach, im not real confident anything will get done soon with Drury, and Briere. Scilencing is deafning with the sabres right now.

it's called vacation

Nighthawk
06-12-2007, 08:19 PM
it's called vacation

No, it's called stupid! If this team cares about the fans, then they will sign Drury and possibly Briere. If they don't, we'll all be disappointed.

camelcowboy
06-12-2007, 08:49 PM
it's called vacation leaving a coach,gm and two captains unsigned a month before a dead line for all of them is just plain stupid. This organization seems to love waiting to the last minute for everything. Trades, agreeing with farmteams, signing draft picks, free agents nothing gets done before the last possible minute. Its just plain stupid and will bite them in the arse one day.

mchurchfie
06-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Regier's patience is waaay too maddening and total bull**** at times. He needs to step up to the plate for once in his GM career. He should have had at least tied up Briere to a long term contract last year, now we have this situation. **** him and his conservative approach.

Ebenezer
06-12-2007, 10:44 PM
The GM works for the owner...if he patience is maddening to the owner then he will answer to him...otherwise Galisano must approve...

Dozerdog
06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
You guys jump to conclusions over the goofiest things

Doesn't it make sense to resolve the smaller contracts first to make sure there is enough room for the larger contracts?

I bet Darcy has spoken to the agents of both guys- knows what it will take to get the deals done (or knows what they want is unrealistic) and has both guys gauged- so he can resolve this.

The cup just concluded. Be patient. Darcy has a prooven track record of building a successful team. Just wait it out ya hotheads

mchurchfie
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
The GM works for the owner...if he patience is maddening to the owner then he will answer to him...otherwise Galisano must approve...
Regier has been this way with previous ownership too. Apparently Galisano is putting way too much trust in his moves.

Ebenezer
06-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Regier has been this way with previous ownership too. Apparently Galisano is putting way too much trust in his moves.
But that previous ownership must have approved too...in other words...he doesn't work for us.

camelcowboy
06-13-2007, 01:02 AM
But that previous ownership must have approved too...in other words...he doesn't work for us.Please stop bringing in logical arguements, and commonsense into this conversation. Right now i need someone to blame and Regiers the man. You calming me down is just pissing me off :up:

Ebenezer
06-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Please stop bringing in logical arguements, and commonsense into this conversation. Right now i need someone to blame and Regiers the man. You calming me down is just pissing me off :up:
:nana:

Meathead
06-13-2007, 02:39 AM
droooo

Nighthawk
06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
You guys jump to conclusions over the goofiest things

Doesn't it make sense to resolve the smaller contracts first to make sure there is enough room for the larger contracts?

I bet Darcy has spoken to the agents of both guys- knows what it will take to get the deals done (or knows what they want is unrealistic) and has both guys gauged- so he can resolve this.

The cup just concluded. Be patient. Darcy has a prooven track record of building a successful team. Just wait it out ya hotheads

No, you don't chew up your salary cap space by doing the smaller contracts first. You sign the most important pieces of the puzzle and then you reshape the team around them. That is how you get things done correctly, by targeting your core guys and building around them. It's the only way to build a champion.