PDA

View Full Version : Which newcomer to the AFC East will have the largest impact?

mysticsoto
06-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Vote at nfl.com and come here to discuss who you voted for:

Current standing:

Which newcomer to the AFC East will have the largest impact?

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
42%
Randy Moss

</td></tr> <tr><td>
23%
Trent Green

</td></tr> <tr><td>
19%
Thomas Jones

</td></tr> <tr><td>
13%
Adalius Thomas

</td></tr> <tr><td>
2%
Derrick Dockery
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I voted for Adalius Thomas b'cse I think he will be an impact LB, though I was tempted to vote for Thomas Jones simply b'cse that was the Jets weakest position last year. I'm not convinced Moss still has "it" and even if he does, Brady is a QB that likes to mix it up and not just target one WR...Trent Green would also have garnered consideration from me if the Dolphins had a better Oline...

Pinkerton Security
06-13-2007, 08:39 AM
I voted for Green, I think that he could possibly bring the phins to a pretty decent record. However, he could also get slaughtered if their line doesnt shape up so who knows...

tampabay25690
06-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Thomas Jones here as well. I think he is a good back, and will definitely help the Jets in that area.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Has to be Thomas Jones

cocamide
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm going with Adalius Thomas or Donte Stallworth (even though he's not on the list). Why aren't people giving any respect to him?

The Spaz
06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Marshawn Lynch!:up:

don137
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
From the list I am going with Thomas...I think Green is a huge improvement to what they had but he has shown signs of aging and has been injury prone...This is not the Trent Green of 5 years ago. This is a late 30's QB whose skills have dimished every year for the past few seasons..

North_Coast
06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Derrick Dockery will solidify the left side of the Bills OL, creating holes for both Anthony Thomas and Marshawn Lynch to run through and providing better protection for JP Losman on passes. If he clicks with Fowler and Peters from the get-go, it's gonna be the "Greatest Show on Turf - Redux", and the Bills won't have to worry as much about their D as other teams will have to worry about the Bills' O.

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Thomas Jones.. big time

Adalius Thomas in second.

madness
06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Largest impact?

Patriot's are dominate already so it's hard to say Moss and Thomas are going to have a huge impact.

Miami's passing attack was better then most in the AFC and so was the Jet's rushing attack. So considering that Buffalo was near the bottom for both, I'll say Dockery's impact is going to be huge. At least it better be.

njsue
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Derrick Dockery has to the one. The Bills Offensive line has been crap for years.

The revamping of the Bills online with Dockery will turn the offense to superb numbers.

Derrick Dockery will make a huge difference.

Bling
06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
It's got to be Derrick Dockery. He's the missing link to the Bills problems. Randy Moss is just another WR. Trent Green can't be behind that Dolphin's O-line. Adalius Thomas is just a tool in the big defense and is beyond overrated.

njsue
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Trent Green has too many concusions to stay alive behind the Fish's oline.

North_Coast
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Green's only had one concussion ... it's his age and lack of mobility that's going to crash and burn Miami's hopes.

Bling
06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Trent Green has too many concusions to stay alive behind the Fish's oline.

:rofl:

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 02:12 PM
When Dockery and Peters can block an entire front seven by themselves, then I will call the line "much improved" and "revamped"

UNtil then. We still have Melvin Fowler, Langston Walker and Preston/Whittle starting as well. I'm far from sold on being "much improved"

justasportsfan
06-13-2007, 02:44 PM
largest impact?

Moss getting leveled by Whitner?

njsue
06-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Green's only had one concussion ... it's his age and lack of mobility that's going to crash and burn Miami's hopes.

He has a couple! That brought up the issue amongst the NFL panel with Steve Young about concussions.

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Flip a coin between Beck and Edwards for the LEAST impact of any newcomer in the AFC East.

Dude
06-13-2007, 06:36 PM
He has a couple! That brought up the issue amongst the NFL panel with Steve Young about concussions.
Really?

Q: Is this your first concussion?

GREEN: “Yes, it’s my first.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/09/29/qa_with_qb_trent_green__928/

Bling
06-13-2007, 07:29 PM

:rofl:
Work on your facts, sue.

LtFinFan66
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
He has a couple! That brought up the issue amongst the NFL panel with Steve Young about concussions.one

BleedinGreenNC
06-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Largest impact?

Patriot's are dominate already so it's hard to say Moss and Thomas are going to have a huge impact.

Miami's passing attack was better then most in the AFC and so was the Jet's rushing attack. So considering that Buffalo was near the bottom for both, I'll say Dockery's impact is going to be huge. At least it better be.

Were you watching the same season i was?? Miami passing attack better than most in the AFC?? Jet's rushing attack?? Miami's passing attack was sub-par, and my Jet's rushing was pretty bad.

I think the addition of Dockery will be the biggest impact to the AFC East. With that guy in there, with the drafting of Lynch, you will see a world of difference. Take it from a Jet's fan who has been loving the addition of Mangold and Ferguson to our o-line.

YardRat
06-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Jones.
Dockery.
Thomas.
Green.
Moss.

madness
06-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Were you watching the same season i was?? Miami passing attack better than most in the AFC?? Jet's rushing attack?? Miami's passing attack was sub-par, and my Jet's rushing was pretty bad.

I think the addition of Dockery will be the biggest impact to the AFC East. With that guy in there, with the drafting of Lynch, you will see a world of difference. Take it from a Jet's fan who has been loving the addition of Mangold and Ferguson to our o-line.

Well then most of the AFC sucks. Miami was 6th out the 16 AFC teams for passing yards per game and you guys were about middle of the pack in rushing yards per game. We were pretty much on the bottom of both lists. :doh:

Michael82
06-14-2007, 11:57 AM
None of the above....

Marshawn Lynch would be my choice! :up: