PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Parking going up!

Michael82
06-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I just saw this on Two Bills Drive and the person who posted it is really close with the higher ups on the team and definitely has connections. So I trust her. She actually has posted on here sometimes too. #89. :up:

Anyways, this is what she said....

stadium parking going up....
to $25 per car. so is Hammer going to get richer too? Guess we have to pay for the new scoreboard

Michael82
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
What a load of ****! I can't believe that the Bills would be that stupid to jump $10 per car when they already raised the tickets the highest they have ever increased them. :mad:

njsue
06-13-2007, 01:32 PM
That is insane. Ralph what are you doing to the fans.

Looks like car pooling is an affordable option.

njsue
06-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Well looks like I will only see the bills at the Sports bar.

Reasons:

1. High Gas Prices

2. Holiday Inn raised their prices

3. Ticket Prices are no longer affordable

4. $25.00 for parking just seals it.

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Comon....just put 5 people in the car and go. It went up from 3$ a person to $5. If you're driving by yourself, it's your own fault for not planning better. Of course, I'm sure there are exceptions and a few people don't have the option. If you're driving your 2-seater sports car to the game, then that's a bummer, but I don't feel sorry for you.

Michael82
06-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Comon....just put 5 people in the car and go. It went up from 3$ a person to $5. If you're driving by yourself, it's your own fault for not planning better. Of course, I'm sure there are exceptions and a few people don't have the option. If you're driving your 2-seater sports car to the game, then that's a bummer, but I don't feel sorry for you.
not many people go with 5 people. A bunch of people, myself included, go to the games with one other person. We split the costs and all that. But that is still too much damn money! Add it up. Before the price of the ticket...you are now making the gameday experience over $50 on just gas and the parking alone. Now add in food....usually bring a bunch of stuff to grill and some snacks, plus beer ($20)...plus if I buy a drink in the stadium...another $6. Then of course you gotta do something for dinner after the game. We usually stop at the thruway stop. That's another $10. Plus the tolls.... Come on! We are at $100 or more and that's before the cost of a ****ing ticket. This is getting ridiculous and it's why I believe that the NFL will price regular, hardcore fans out of it. :ill:

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
There are still ways around it. While you are only going with one other person, I bet you know more than one other oerson who is going. Meet at someone's house and carpool it.
Maybe someone can set up a carpooling thread to help fellow zoners and put a sticky on it.
Just an idea.

Dr. Lecter
06-13-2007, 02:05 PM
IT is still cheaper than most cities.

If they sell out, why not raise prices?

Finally people want Ralph to spend money but are not willing to spend it themselves.

Michael82
06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
There are still ways around it. While you are only going with one other person, I bet you know more than one other oerson who is going. Meet at someone's house and carpool it.
Maybe someone can set up a carpooling thread to help fellow zoners and put a sticky on it.
Just an idea.
from rochester? Actually, no I don't know anyone else in Rochester that I could/would go to the games with.

Michael82
06-13-2007, 02:08 PM

Finally people want Ralph to spend money but are not willing to spend it themselves.
did they forget that we are coming off a season with 4 blacked out games? That's half the ****ing season. Why on Earth would they get this risky? Especially when they won't even pay the money to sign Walker and we still have a lot of money under the cap. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
06-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Does Walker deserve what he is asking for?

Michael82
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Does Walker deserve what he is asking for?
do you know what he is asking for? Because IMO, he'd be the best DT on our line and I'd easily give him what Tripplett is getting.

Michael82
06-13-2007, 02:20 PM
And the point is still that an increase in parking is fine. Actually I expected it. But to increase it $10 per game is ****ing ridiculous!!!

HAMMER
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Pretty steep raise IMO, the upside is it will probably thin out some traffic and pollution as a result due to more carpooling.

Michael82
06-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Pretty steep raise IMO, the upside is it will probably thin out some traffic and pollution as a result due to more carpooling.
good point. There will definitely be a lot more car pooling. :up:

The Spaz
06-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Yet I am pretty sure the Bills tickets are still pretty well below other teams.

THATHURMANATOR
06-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Well looks like I will only see the bills at the Sports bar.

Reasons:

1. High Gas Prices

2. Holiday Inn raised their prices

4. $25.00 for parking just seals it.

Don't be a whiny cheapskate
1) so dont drive anywhere then

2) What 10 bucks

3) You have got to be kidding me here. My season tickets were only 400 bucks and we have by FAR the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

4) Up 10 bucks big deal.

LtFinFan66
06-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Comon....just put 5 people in the car and go. It went up from 3$ a person to $5. If you're driving by yourself, it's your own fault for not planning better. Of course, I'm sure there are exceptions and a few people don't have the option. If you're driving your 2-seater sports car to the game, then that's a bummer, but I don't feel sorry for you.Come on now! Give me a break! To say someone didn't plan well because they drove themself to the game is crazy. Not everyone going to a game has 4 other people lying around to take with them. Think outside your little box before you post something like that. :shakeno:

Michael82
06-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Come on now! Give me a break! To say someone didn't plan well because they drove themself to the game is crazy. Not everyone going to a game has 4 other people lying around to take with them. Think outside your little box before you post something like that. :shakeno:
:hi5:

Bulldog
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Go to some of the other stadiums for football & other major sporting events. $25.00 may seem steep, but its probably in line or cheaper than most other stadiums. Also, there is plenty of parking around the stadium. I don't see this as the end of the world. Hell, try to park for a Yankees game and let me know how you make out. Talk about crazy!

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Do you think fans spending more money will make Wilson go back on his "cash to cap" plan? Please now.

I dont care about the parking to be honest. And I don't care about the ticket hike either.. They're still comparable compared to other teams.

But our owner licks the big one and unless you want guys like Losman, Evans and Peters gone in the next 2-3 years or good players cut to make cash to cap room for them, you better hope something happens that he's not the owner anymore before the end of 2008-09

THATHURMANATOR
06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Come on now! Give me a break! To say someone didn't plan well because they drove themself to the game is crazy. Not everyone going to a game has 4 other people lying around to take with them. Think outside your little box before you post something like that. :shakeno:
Andy is right. Do you go to games by yourself and tailgate by yourself? Most people dont so get together with the people you tailgate with and carpool. You give us a break.

raphael120
06-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow thats crap. It's not like Buffalo has bus/metro system to easily get to the games or anything. Dang!

One thing that is going to happen, all those people with drive ways near by the stadium are going to be raking in some more dough with the inflated parking AT the stadium!

Michael82
06-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Go to some of the other stadiums for football & other major sporting events. $25.00 may seem steep, but its probably in line or cheaper than most other stadiums. Also, there is plenty of parking around the stadium. I don't see this as the end of the world. Hell, try to park for a Yankees game and let me know how you make out. Talk about crazy!
the difference is...this is a depressed area. It's a small market. We can't afford the big market prices. At least not yet. :shakeno:

Figure it out. It's $25 per game or $250 for the season. :ill: That is in addition to the $420 for the season tickets.

justasportsfan
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
ya'll meet at walmart and then drive to the game in 1 car.

raphael120
06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I'll be the guy riding my bike to the stadium with a keg on my back.

RockStar36
06-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Stop being cheap.

tampabay25690
06-13-2007, 04:15 PM
What a load of ****! I can't believe that the Bills would be that stupid to jump $10 per car when they already raised the tickets the highest they have ever increased them. :mad:
Thats what the cost in Tampa is and its ridiculous!!!!!!

That sucks!!!!

CuseJetsFan83
06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
eh, thats nothing honestly...... the bills still have some of the lowest prices across the board....... to be honest, this might help weed out some of the bandwagoners

while i agree the timing is off, or at least now when the team has been winning year in and out, i could see the raise then to capitalize on it..... but thats business.....

mikey, for the amerks are you a season holder with them, or do you go to a chunk of the games... secondly how much is parking for BCA?

tampabay25690
06-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Trust me we are the cheapest out there!!!!!

LtFinFan66
06-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Andy is right. Do you go to games by yourself and tailgate by yourself? Most people dont so get together with the people you tailgate with and carpool. You give us a break.Well if I go anywhere, it is at least a 4 hour drive. Me and my son drove to Jacksonville for a game and parked on our own. Not everyone tailgates anyway. Some family types just go for the game itself so Andy needed to be more specific in his comments

If I lived near Miami this would not be an issue. Or if I were a Bills fan and lived in Buffalo, once again...no problem. But I live in the arm pit of Florida and that doesn't work for me and many others who go to games as well I am sure

Bill Brasky
06-13-2007, 05:03 PM

wow. take your ball and go home with this assinine statement.

hammerbillsfan
06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
ah crap :sigh:

Bill Brasky
06-13-2007, 05:14 PM
from rochester? Actually, no I don't know anyone else in Rochester that I could/would go to the games with.

Mike I drive to the games but I live 30 mins south of Roc. You could ride w/ us, but we leave at the ass crack of dawn...

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
$25 is a lot to park.

But you can make up for by bringing your own beer and saving $25 from stadium beers by getting anihilated outside of the stadium near your own trunk before the game.

Plus, the drunker you are, the less ****ty our defense will look-- or at the very least the less you'll care.

DraftBoy
06-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I dont how some people can complain about a ticket or parking price increase, the main sediment on this board is that the Bills looked decent to good last year. Why would Wilson not want to increase prices? Most fans think we are right about to turn it around, yall are lucky it was only 10$. Here you can park for $25, unfortunately you're also a mile away from the Georgia Dome too. The good tailgate parking is something like 50+ dollars a car.

hammerbillsfan
06-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Here's an idea:
$10 flat for each vehicle that comes in and $5 for every person that is in the vehicle.

So for every vehicle that comes in, they still get $15 but if there is more people they get more money.

Trying to even it out across the board. (average/person)
1 person = $15
2 people = $10
3 people = $8.33
4 people = $7.50
5 people = $7
6 people = $6.66

So carpool is a good thing but also not sticking it to people coming by themselves.

Bill Brasky
06-13-2007, 05:45 PM
$25 is a lot to park.

But you can make up for by bringing your own beer and saving $25 from stadium beers by getting anihilated outside of the stadium near your own trunk before the game.

Plus, the drunker you are, the less ****ty our defense will look-- or at the very least the less you'll care.
this is what i always do. i stopped buying beer in the stadium 2 years ago after some bad incidents. now we just bring kegs, cases, liquor, food and get loaded up before hand, but i don't spend a dime in the stadium. i'm usually still hammered by the end of the game anyways...

tampabay25690
06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Well maybe it will keep the Bills in Buffalo.....

tampabay25690
06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
the difference is...this is a depressed area. It's a small market. We can't afford the big market prices. At least not yet. :shakeno:

Figure it out. It's $25 per game or $250 for the season. :ill: That is in addition to the $420 for the season tickets.

Mikey
Thats why I left the area, my wife is from Syracuse and I am born and raised in Buffalo. Yea parking $25 is ridiculous, but everything else is much cheaper for the games. Tickets in Buff are cheap......

Nighthawk
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I just saw this on Two Bills Drive and the person who posted it is really close with the higher ups on the team and definitely has connections. So I trust her. She actually has posted on here sometimes too. #89. :up:

Anyways, this is what she said....

First off, I doubt it will cost that much. Secondly, we as Buffalonians, have to stop complaining about the ticket prices going up for the #1 watched & loved sport in the country! If you want to play, you have to pay. The Bills are still one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest, ticket in the NFL. Stop complaining about prices.

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Winning takes care of complaining.

I dont hear many *****ing about Sabre ticket prices or parking, they're LUCKY to get tix to go see them play .

If the Bills stop losing, people will stop complaining about increases

G. Host
06-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Here's an idea:
$10 flat for each vehicle that comes in and $5 for every person that is in the vehicle.

So for every vehicle that comes in, they still get $15 but if there is more people they get more money.

So everybody gets out and walks into stadium.

Where did you get that idea? From some blog on Fox? http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1163987715.gif

Typ0
06-13-2007, 07:59 PM
don't trash on Wilson. He's getting a lot of pressure from the other owners to pull in more revenues. It's that group that wants to make going to an NFL game an activity for the have's and exclude the have nots. As far as the larger market teams are concerned the rich can attend the games and the rest keep the TV ratings up.

EricStratton
06-13-2007, 08:02 PM

You would be right Lt if we were talking about normal people but for fans who post 100+ times a week on a Bills board to not be able to figure out a way to ride-share if it was really needed doesn't wash with me.

Dozerdog
06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I doubt it goes from $15 to $25- too much off- property competition.

If it does-Just use one of the satelite lots and walk - ECC looks pretty good about now

G. Host
06-13-2007, 08:10 PM
You would be right Lt if we were talking about normal people but for fans who post 100+ times a week on a Bills board to not be able to figure out a way to ride-share if it was really needed doesn't wash with me. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1163987715.gif

Offering to ride share from Northern Virginia but I can not promise when I am leaving and when I am coming back yet.

This is Op :crazed: and Rich :rrich: (if I want to drive to Baltimore on the way and stop in Erie). Can not figure on a 4th. Tell me who wise man.http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1164731931.gif

Dozerdog
06-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Great- you just made the perfect argument to move the team to LA.

You want to pay minor league prices, then you get minor league teams. Keep tickets at $40, parking at $10, and I'll see you at the opener at the Ralph vs the Toronto Argonauts

Michael82
06-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Mike I drive to the games but I live 30 mins south of Roc. You could ride w/ us, but we leave at the ass crack of dawn...
Won't work. I work the night before.

Michael82
06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
First off, I doubt it will cost that much. Secondly, we as Buffalonians, have to stop complaining about the ticket prices going up for the #1 watched & loved sport in the country! If you want to play, you have to pay. The Bills are still one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest, ticket in the NFL. Stop complaining about prices.
i actually understand the ticket increase and didn't *****, because it's still very cheap. But I ***** about this because it's such a big increase. If it is really true...it smells like Ralph is getting forced into doing this from Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft. :ill:

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2007, 08:51 PM

People want to complain and I want to help them find a solution to the problem, but I am thinking inside a little box? My little box led me to think that some of the posters on here could get together and set up a way to meet at someone's place where the parking is free and carpool. It takes a little planning. So, before you go ripping my head off, get inside my box; it's a little bigger than it might first appear.

G. Host
06-13-2007, 08:52 PM
i actually understand the ticket increase and didn't *****, because it's still very cheap. But I ***** about this because it's such a big increase. If it is really true...it smells like Ralph is getting forced into doing this from Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft. :ill:

He is trying to keep up with the Jones in order to get the money for the lower income teams as promised by Kraft and $nyder.

Dr. Lecter
06-13-2007, 09:24 PM
In the grand scheme of car payments, mortgage payments, property taxes, gas for my car, utility bills and groceries and extra 80-100 dollars a year is not very much.

YardRat
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
I doubt it goes from $15 to $25- too much off- property competition.

If it does-Just use one of the satelite lots and walk - ECC looks pretty good about now

The competition will just raise their prices accordingly. If the Ralph goes from 15 to 25, ECC will go from 10 to 20. Fans will still end up paying more in the long run.

El Guapo
06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
In the grand scheme of car payments, mortgage payments, property taxes, gas for my car, utility bills and groceries and extra 80-100 dollars a year is not very much.

Taking into account the hotel, airfare and car rental, this is a mere blip.

I don't park at the Ralph, anyway. I park across the street. I'm sure they will go up as well, but hey, it's all in the fun of it. Capitalism at its best.

clumping platelets
06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Satellite Lots

clumping platelets
06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Car Pool

LtFinFan66
06-13-2007, 11:57 PM
You would be right Lt if we were talking about normal people but for fans who post 100+ times a week on a Bills board to not be able to figure out a way to ride-share if it was really needed doesn't wash with me.I will ride share when I come up there for the Fin game but who on here would be willing to come down for a Fin/Jag game and ride share with me:idunno:

LtFinFan66
06-14-2007, 12:02 AM
People want to complain and I want to help them find a solution to the problem, but I am thinking inside a little box? My little box led me to think that some of the posters on here could get together and set up a way to meet at someone's place where the parking is free and carpool. It takes a little planning. So, before you go ripping my head off, get inside my box; it's a little bigger than it might first appear.If I ripped your head off, you would know it.

That being said, I was just pointing out that your little plan doesn't work for many people who attend games and wanted you to see that fact

BillsFever21
06-14-2007, 12:04 AM
It's costing more and more to see the games but Ralph is spending less and less for the players on the field that we are going to watch.

If Ralph doesn't leave soon then any work we have done as far as trying to build a team will be down the drain because HE will never spend the money to keep the young core together.

hammerbillsfan
06-14-2007, 12:20 AM
From some blog on Fox?

screw FOX

I just threw it out there. :doh:

ParanoidAndroid
06-14-2007, 01:33 AM
If I ripped your head off, you would know it.

That being said, I was just pointing out that your little plan doesn't work for many people who attend games and wanted you to see that fact

And if you read my first post, you might have seen that I was mindful of that.

"I'm sure there are exceptions and a few people don't have the option (to carpool)."

BillsFever21
06-14-2007, 01:51 AM
The price increase sucks but some of you are acting like they are asking $100 to park. Seriously, what is another $10 when you are most likely riding with at least one other person. That makes $5 each at the most.

The last thing I would do is go out of my way and walk a 1/2 mile to the stadium and/or meet up with another group of people to all carpool to the stadium just to save a few bucks each. Sounds like a lot of hassle or wasted time/effort to save a few bucks.

alohabillsfan
06-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Actually some people complain even when we win...

From what I personally seen from this offense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up until this game, I've been blasting JP Losman and saying he is the sole reason I thought our offense sucked so very, very bad.. I thought that with a competent quarterback who doesnt play with his head up his ass this would be a good offense, or at the very least an offense CAPABLE Of putting up big days.

Well, I was wrong.

Don't get me wrong.. JP Losman still sucks to me, in fact I think he even sucks worse now. Two weeks to prepare for the SINGLE WORST pass defense in the NFL and thats the best you can do? He has possibly the WORST touch on his ball of anybody in the entire NFL, the only pass he was consistent at throwing well is the long ball and every one of those outside of Parrish vs detroit has been awful too... Nice 9 second sack on a three man rush again btw.. blahblahblah.. Some will sooner, some will later, but sooner or later you will ALL realize this guy is a pure, Grade A, 100% BUM..

BUT.. This is what I was wrong about .

Almost this ENTIRE offense sucks.. While watching this game, I CANT BELIEVE how bad our WR's suck at getting open.. Except for Evans, its like NOBODY can get open more than 25% of the time.. BRUTAL.. Peerless Price had his consistently stellar 1 catch game.. Andre Davis runs routes like he belongs in the CFL, I personally seen Parrish get KNOCKED down at the line of scrimmage twice.. I dont know why Everett is even on the team and actually Royal does get open often, but he either drops it or old knucklehead never sees him because he's not the primary target.

And man, our OL was even WORSE than advertised.. He gets all the ink, but Peters didnt look so great (though first game at LT so understandable)

I was impressed with ONE Person on our OL on Sunday.. Mike Gandy.. Played REAL well IMO..

Anyways, this offense blows.. I cant WAIT for Losman's ass to be shown the door at the end of the season.. But now I"m hoping he takes 2-3 linemen and ALL of our WR except Evans with him..

Brutal..

Any guesses on the author?

THATHURMANATOR
06-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Well if I go anywhere, it is at least a 4 hour drive. Me and my son drove to Jacksonville for a game and parked on our own. Not everyone tailgates anyway. Some family types just go for the game itself so Andy needed to be more specific in his comments

If I lived near Miami this would not be an issue. Or if I were a Bills fan and lived in Buffalo, once again...no problem. But I live in the arm pit of Florida and that doesn't work for me and many others who go to games as well I am sure
I understand your plight but you are in a small minority. For the most part people can easily carpool.