PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots

Hammertime
06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
It's embarrassing to see so many posts on a Buffalo Bills fan site about how "scary" the Patriots are going to be.

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 04:41 PM
What's embarassing about it?

This is a football board. Not Fantasy land.

Keep telling yourself the Pats are overated. Keep comparing them to the Redskins. Guess what, the Pats are PROVEN winners with proven coaching and management. They didnt win three Super bowls by accident, they're front office knows what its doing.

I'm a Bills fan. But anyone who doesn't appreciate the committment to winning a championship the Pats put on this offseason (not to mention TWO first and two third rounders in NEXT year's draft) doesn't appreciate football.

Maybe we're just so used to (outside of Dockery) spending our FA on chumpstains like Reyes, Tripplett, Craig Nall, Robert Royal and Chris Kelsay that we're not able to comprehend how a real FO goes about its business.

I could be wrong. But I think Kelsay's deal pays him more money than ANY of the Patriots that were signed this offseason excluding Adalius Thomas.

The Spaz
06-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I care about the Bills. **** all the other teams. I can give 2 ****'s really about another team.

mybills
06-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Guess what, the Pats are PROVEN winners with proven coaching and management. They didnt win three Super bowls by accident, they're front office knows what its doing.

Suck on their nads a little harder why don't you? :rofl:

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I just appreciate well-run organizations that continuously contend for championships.

Hammertime
06-13-2007, 05:45 PM

Keep telling yourself the Pats are overated. Keep comparing them to the Redskins. Guess what, the Pats are PROVEN winners with proven coaching and management. They didnt win three Super bowls by accident, they're front office knows what its doing.

They are overrated. Especially considering they haven't won a game in 2007. Sure, they won 3 titles this decade. They'll go down in history as one of the great franchises (70's Steelers, '80's Niners, '90's (verp) Cowboys, 00's Patriots). I have no problem with that.

But to log into this site with the hopes of finding some good Buffalo Bills discussion only to find your redundant, pessimistic predictions and circle jerk parties over the Patriots is troubling. If i want to hear how great the Patriots will be i'll watch ESPN.

...and this is fantasy land, Pat. Figure it out.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
It's embarrassing to see so many posts on a Buffalo Bills fan site about how "scary" the Patriots are going to be.

I agree, I think that this year the Pats are going to learn what the Yankees and Skins already know. You cannot buy a championship.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm a Bills fan. But anyone who doesn't appreciate the committment to winning a championship the Pats put on this offseason (not to mention TWO first and two third rounders in NEXT year's draft) doesn't appreciate football.

Maybe we're just so used to (outside of Dockery) spending our FA on chumpstains like Reyes, Tripplett, Craig Nall, Robert Royal and Chris Kelsay that we're not able to comprehend how a real FO goes about its business.

I could be wrong. But I think Kelsay's deal pays him more money than ANY of the Patriots that were signed this offseason excluding Adalius Thomas.

Their superbowl coaches went elsewhere and needless to say the product diminished. I will go further, they will not win a superbowl this year. Oh don't get me wrong they will win the division and they will go 13-3, but they won't go to the superbowl. Here is why

1) They have a defense that is suspect at best. A little horse told me about how a team scored 32 second half points against Brewski and co and how they have signed almost nobody on Defense and how they are all a year older and when seau says Say Ow its because he fractured his hip. So on defense they are sunk and Bellyjerk will find out you can't win championships without defense no matter who is on your offense

2) They have what looks, on paper to be a solid team but Moss is on the downside of his career, their receivers and running backs are average and only Brady makes me wince.

Overall they are way overhyped. Pat, an expert like you should know better than to buy into the hype.

Mr. Pink
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
You kinda have to compare and contrast yourself against the other teams in the league to gauge how good you really are. Especially a divisional opponent, who on paper, looks very strong this year. Lets face it, the Pats have been strong for most of the decade and look to have improved this offseason.

To not care about other teams in the league, especially in your own division, is very shortsighted and gives no expectations for your own success or failures. Whichever of the two you prefer to focus on.

So unless you're living in a dreamland or haze where you think the Bills are so much better than every other team and no other team stands any chance against them, how can you not care about your opponents?

Generalissimus Gibby
06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I do worry about the Pats, what part of they will win the division and go 13-3 did you miss? However, they are overhyped and will be exposed in the post season. Randy is overrated, their defense is living on reputation, and they did nothing really to improve there.

Mr. Pink
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Their superbowl coaches went elsewhere and needless to say the product diminished. I will go further, they will not win a superbowl this year. Oh don't get me wrong they will win the division and they will go 13-3, but they won't go to the superbowl. Here is why

1) They have a defense that is suspect at best. A little horse told me about how a team scored 32 second half points against Brewski and co and how they have signed almost nobody on Defense and how they are all a year older and when seau says Say Ow its because he fractured his hip. So on defense they are sunk and Bellyjerk will find out you can't win championships without defense no matter who is on your offense

2) They have what looks, on paper to be a solid team but Moss is on the downside of his career, their receivers and running backs are average and only Brady makes me wince.

Overall they are way overhyped. Pat, an expert like you should know better than to buy into the hype.

I'll respond on this...even though it's not directed at me.

1. Adalius Thomas is a HUGE addition who'll make the Patriots better on Defense by himself.

2. Corey Dillon was on the "downside" of his career when he arrived in New England...was thought of as a cancer, etc etc etc. How did that work out?

Maroney has one of the wickedest stiff arms that I've ever seen.

Stallworth is no slouch at WR either, especially if he can stay healthy. Yes, that's a big if.

And on top of it, they have one of the best QBs in the NFL throwing the ball to them. Their passing game is downright scary. Lets just compare their WRs to our CBs....McGee on Moss, Webster on Stallworth, Greer on Washington, Kiwi on Welker and Caldwell on Youboty....that doesn't scare you? Just examples to throw out, going off depth charts as of now.

3. A team that made it to the AFC Championship game last year, only to fall apart on defense, who signed in a top notch LB is overhyped? How is that possible?

On paper, they appear to be even stronger now then they were last year. Their main loss was Dillon, who was a shell of himself. How does a team that viables improves itself on paper, who was a championship caliber team before...become overhyped?

gil
06-13-2007, 06:22 PM
I agree with the original poster - there's enough people strapping on the knee pads for the Patsies this year - this is a Bills board, we need some good old fashioned irrational and visceral hatred of those dolts.

patmoran2006
06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with the original poster - there's enough people strapping on the knee pads for the Patsies this year - this is a Bills board, we need some good old fashioned irrational and visceral hatred of those dolts.
lol.. the last line alone makes me buy into your statement.

seanbillsfan
06-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I hate the pats. I hate the jets. I hate the dolphins. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

Dozerdog
06-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I just appreciate well-run organizations that continuously contend for championships.

I respect what the Pats have done. This organization was a complete joke after the Sullivans and Victor Kiam had run i ttinto the ground. Bad stadium, bad team, no fans, no public support.

Bob Kraft has built one of the premiere teams and did it without outspending weak sisters.

Smart decisions in coaching and front office people, and smart spending of dollars.

Scumbag College
06-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I hate the Pats more than Nazis, poison, and pedophiles put together.

mybills
06-14-2007, 06:49 AM
...and this is fantasy land, Pat. Figure it out.
:roflmao: :hi5:

Mitchy moo
06-14-2007, 06:52 AM
randy moss, nuff said.

Stewie
06-14-2007, 07:16 AM

Lame. You're saying the pats had a bigger commitment to winning this year than in other years. I don't believe that.

You're also implying that going out and attacking big name free agents is the visible result of having a better commitment to winning than a team like Buffalo. I think that's insulting to the Bills FO.

Night Train
06-14-2007, 07:19 AM
I respect what the Pats have done. This organization was a complete joke after the Sullivans and Victor Kiam had run i ttinto the ground. Bad stadium, bad team, no fans, no public support.

Bob Kraft has built one of the premiere teams and did it without outspending weak sisters.

Smart decisions in coaching and front office people, and smart spending of dollars.

Agreed...and a lot of luck. ( Bledsoe hurt, Brady comes in out of nowhere ).

We can always use a 2nd arch-rival. Miami will always be the team I wish to destroy but the next win over the Pats will be big. They are the measuring stick for us now.

DraftBoy
06-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Lame. You're saying the pats had a bigger commitment to winning this year than in other years. I don't believe that.

You're also implying that going out and attacking big name free agents is the visible result of having a better commitment to winning than a team like Buffalo. I think that's insulting to the Bills FO.

No he's saying that the Pats really made a conscious effort to fix what weak points they felt like the had, and they got them all covered.

And yea, I think that is pretty obvious.

Stewie
06-14-2007, 07:54 AM
No he's saying that the Pats really made a conscious effort to fix what weak points they felt like the had, and they got them all covered.

And yea, I think that is pretty obvious.

hmm? Were the bills unconscious when they made their offseason moves? What does that mean?

It means he likes a big FA splash more than what we did. And he thinks that making noise in FA means you are more committed to winning. Something tells me that organization was committed last year. And the year before that. And every other year this decade.

Michael82
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
:bf1:

Luisito23
06-14-2007, 12:05 PM
:bf1:

:hi5: :drool:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

OpIv37
06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I hate the Patriots with a passion that can't be adequately expressed in words.

But that doesn't change the fact that they've improved their team. And the reason it keeps coming up on a Bills board is because, for those of you who haven't noticed, the Patriots are in our division. We play them twice a year, and as much as it makes me sick to think about it, they have been miles ahead of the rest of our division for 5+ years now.

So, if our team is going to do anything, we're going to have to figure out how to beat those bastards. The Pats and their success are, unfortunately, a legitimate topic for this board.

cocamide
06-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I hate the Patriots with a passion that can't be adequately expressed in words.

But that doesn't change the fact that they've improved their team. And the reason it keeps coming up on a Bills board is because, for those of you who haven't noticed, the Patriots are in our division. We play them twice a year, and as much as it makes me sick to think about it, they have been miles ahead of the rest of our division for 5+ years now.

So, if our team is going to do anything, we're going to have to figure out how to beat those bastards. The Pats and their success are, unfortunately, a legitimate topic for this board.

I agree with you. I became a huge Colts fan last year during that AFC Championship game, and would love nothing more than to have the Patsies go 0-16 next year, but I'm also realistic. I'm not sure of any Bills fans that are here on their knees for the Patriots, but if we are to have any sort of good football conversation, it's hard to not predict the Patriots doing well. With that being said, I hope Buffalo wins 45-0 in both games. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Actually what amazes me the most about the Patriots this offseason is..

* All the marqee FA's signed.. especially Adalius Thomas.
* Getting a quality safety in the first round of the draft.
* STILL having two first and two thirds in next year's draft.. That's four day one picks.. Like they need it.