So, this may be the comments that Jauron boasts about or hangs himself on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

So, this may be the comments that Jauron boasts about or hangs himself on!

from Bills Daily:

Jauron Feels Team Is Better: Dick Jauron took a step back and looked at his 2007 Bills at the end of the minicamp today and he's come to the conclusion that this year's team is better then last year's on both offense and defense. He feels the offense has improved thanks to the additions up front. He thinks the new players will allow J.P. Losman a chance to continue his improvement. On defense, despite losing players he expects improvement because the players that have been there are more mature in the system and know exactly what to do and what is expected of them. He feels they will be a better and faster unit this year. On a whole the coach feels they will be faster and better athletically in 2007.

Jauron thinks we are better by subtraction. I honestly agree. I say honestly because I believe in what Jauron is saying here. Theres no tangible evidence to support his comments yet, we havent played an NFL down yet with this years team. However, I really think the FO knew what they were doing when they made there moves. Spikes was hampered by past injury, Fletch wasnt a tackle at the line type, McGahee's mouth played bigger than his game. We lost Clements, straight up a loss. Find a team that doesnt have at least one real loss. I look at it as all about what we could have, its potential that makes me back Jauron here, not proof.

Jauron rarely makes bold statements, hes the ultimate at being respectful, allowing for other possibilities, yet stating his thoughts. He does it such that he isnt setting himself up for a slam.

However, this was a bold statement. Its 180 from much of the medias view.

I think hes right and we will see the benefits of that with a playoff berth!

• G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Re: So, this may be the comments that Jauron boasts about or hangs himself on!

Since he did not have a starting RB in camp at this point in camp he should feel better.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Look out, Neggie Nancies to chime in in 3...2....1.........

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I certainly agree on the offense. I'm more cautious in my thoughts about the defense. I have to see what happens in preseason before I can pronounce them better than a year ago. I think there are two keys to the defense. One is how much improvement we'll get out of the same DTs we had last year. The other is how well the Bills can plug the hole left by Clements with Webster/Youboty. It's possible Posluszny/DiGiorgio will have a few problems early in the season, but I think they will pick things up pretty quickly.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
        X