• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cablesabres68
    • Nov 2003

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/top25-sportsmoments. htm

if your too lazy to read it ill tell you, its the top 25 sports stories of the last 25 years

NOT A SINGLE NFL STORY IS IN THIS!!!!

"APPARENTLY USA TODAY FORGOT THE NFL EXISTS by Michael David Smith

The NFL is by far America's most popular sports league, and it has been for at least the last quarter-century. So you'd think that when USA Today decided (as part of the paper's own 25th anniversary) to list the Top 25 sports moments of the last 25 years, the NFL would be heavily represented.

Well, it isn't. USA Today's Top 25 list includes not a single story that is directly related to the NFL, and only one (the O.J. Simpson murder trial) that is even tangentially related to the NFL.

Lists like this should never be taken too seriously, but this list is particularly ridiculous. It includes nine entries from Major League Baseball, including four of the top six. The biggest story in sports in the last 25 years, according to USA Today? The Boston Red Sox winning the 2004 World Series.

USA Today could have listed the way the NFL has changed the television landscape, with huge rights contracts, the establishment of the satellite television Sunday Ticket package, or the emergence of NFL Network. It could have mentioned the way the NFL took the lead in putting the sports world aside after 9/11, or the death of former Arizona Cardinal Pat Tillman. It could have mentioned teams moving from city to city, the owners hiring replacement players when the union went on strike, the NFL's emergence as the victor in a struggle with the USFL, or, if it wanted something on the field, the dynasties in San Francisco, Dallas and New England.

The paper mentioned none of those things. But at least it found room for the 1999 Women's World Cup."
    I for one am completly pissed about this i mean cmon they could have atleast listed the greatest comeback in NFL history when the bills came back from 35-3 and won that game 41-38 on a steve christie field goal but no womens world cup soccer is a so much better story than the comeback and it was with the bills backup quaterback noless
    Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 06-13-2007, 11:42 PM.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

ya i saw that story in the paper and just laughed it off. some of the stories they highlighted were purely ridiculous.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

3 people are ******ed: the writer of the article, his editor, and the other person responsible for letting this article be published in USA Today...make that 6 people because their wives are also ******ed for marrying imbeciles. Come to think of it, their children must be ******ed, and probably their parents too. Perhaps it is a result of inbreeding.

In the end, at least 37 people are ******ed.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yeah that's messed up.

With that said, I don't really want to revisit the Patriots winning 3 superbowls in 4 years all over again.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

I guess I can see there being no NFL stories. I mean they play ball, teams win the Superbowl and so on. Nothing huge I guess. Now if a plane crashed and killed an entire team or something....it would probably be on there

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Of course I didn't read through the stories yet

Comment

• cablesabres68
              • Nov 2003

the closest thing they had to football was OJ Simpson but that was when he was let off the hook for murder and that wasn't even anything to do with football

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

I really don't see any real problem with that list. I think Arther Ashe could be replaced with something and there were maybe a couple others. I never even heard of Ashe till he got Aids

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

They have a poll on that page "What is your favorite sports moment of the past 25 years?" with 5 of those moments and None of the Above as choices...

None of the Above is leading by far.

That article is a joke.

Comment

• cocamide
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Yeah that's messed up.

With that said, I don't really want to revisit the Patriots winning 3 superbowls in 4 years all over again.
                    How about the Colts coming back in the AFC Championship game and finally winning the Super Bowl. That was pretty sweet.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

USA Today has never been known as -the- source for sports news.

They should stick with political crap and let the sports columns be written by men and not metrosexual, sear-sucker wearing, pussies at USA today.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        Yeah that's messed up.

Don't worry, I'm sure ESPN will get around to reminding us of this. Also they will not let us forget that Teddy Brewski came back from a stroke and those would be the top four.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

Come on they couldn't have the comeback?

They couldn't have the Music City Miracle/ Cashville Caper?

They couldn't have "The Drive"

Or John Elway wins the Superbowl?

Comment

Working...
                          X