• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Bills coach exudes optimism

"In terms of ability, we're significantly better," said Jauron, in a particularly chipper mood perhaps because of his hole in one the other day playing at Crag Burn Country Club in East Aurora. "We're bigger, faster and stronger, but it's got to translate to wins."
    One area he feels better about is quarterback. Starter J.P. Losman has looked good throughout the off-season, backup Craig Nall made strides in his second year in the system, and rookie third-round pick Trent Edwards has shown why the Bills thought so highly of him.
    Jauron also thinks defensive tackle John McCargo, a 2006 first-round draft pick who was unable to participate in any of the on-field drills because of off-season foot surgery, will be ready when the team starts practice at Fisher.
    His mention of concern about the QB position could speak to his discomfort with Nall as the backup. Seems to think Walker will get there by the time he needs you (as he should). Nothing else too earth-shattering. This is a big year for Dick. He's comfortable now so its time to see if he can get us where we need to go.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills coach exudes optimism

The first year is Jauron getting to know the team and then reshaping the roster the way he wants it by moving players in and out.

Little question the Bills still have concerns on the DL and need to see what they have, once the pads are on next month at camp. Others teams may have Vets that are getting pushed out by youth and need a new team. We can still see some new faces coming in.

Fairchild seems much more confident in Losman and wishes to put in far more plays than before. Having what he believes is a better OL, more rounded RB's in Lynch,Wright and a healthy Everett at TE means he can spread things around more. That also means Evans, the teams best player, will get more shots downfield. Win/win.

I'm not worried about the O. It's the D which will make or break this team in 2007. Watch and learn.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

Watch and learn? No offense NT, but you just gave the opinion that 90% of us have held since the end of Free Agency. That comment had a tint of Madden to it.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by bwbrenton
        Watch and learn? No offense NT, but you just gave the opinion that 90% of us have held since the end of Free Agency. That comment had a tint of Madden to it.
        I'm such a conformist.

Maybe I'll just ***** about everything, before they even put the pads on. I hear it saves time and gains one perceived legend status.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
          I'm such a conformist.

Maybe I'll just ***** about everything, before they even put the pads on. I hear it saves time and gains one perceived legend status.
          I know a few people like that.

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
            I'm such a conformist.

That wasn't the point... I was just commenting how you proclaimed your bold prediction (watch and learn) which has been bounced off the cave walls for months now by many others. Kind of like someone sailing off the coast of Spain today and saying, "The world is round... watch and learn." Like I said though... no offense meant. I do agree about the habit too many have to neg the team to death (even if its 3 years down the road that we're in "trouble") before anything is happened. You'd think they'd at least wait until week 2 for that.

Comment

• ibatiger
              Geaux Bills!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bwbrenton
              http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...706140336/tbd/

His mention of concern about the QB position could speak to his discomfort with Nall as the backup. Seems to think Walker will get there by the time he needs you (as he should). Nothing else too earth-shattering. This is a big year for Dick. He's comfortable now so its time to see if he can get us where we need to go.
              Ummm. Hate to have to correct you here. But there has been nothing coming from Jauron suggesting that he is not comfortable with Nall. In the interview he actually said that Nall had a good offseason, OTA and minicamp. He said that in response to a question about Nall. Losman is also doing a good job as the starter, although Jauron has mentioned "rust" everytime I've heard him talking about Losman. In any event everybody has been hitting on all cylinders as of late.

I'm just making the point that he has not said anything negative about Nall and there is no basis on which to assume that he is not comfortable with him. He and Losman are both seemingly doing well in their respective roles. Coming into the offseason I am sure that there was concern on all levels of the QB issue. For Losman as the returning starter who had spotty success and would be asked to do a lot more. For Nall as the backup who had limited work last year due to the injury. And for Edwards as the rookie who came in and needed to show that he could chew gum and walk without falling down. I think they've all cleared their hurdles for now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Almost everyone that was interviewed by media whether it was Evans , Jp or coaches say that they are way ahead from where they were this time last year.

Think of it. Jauron this time was just getting to know his players and his asst. coaches . Evans was learning a new system and JP was going through a tryout. Same goes with the D.

But nevermind what they say. The the bills are gonna suck anyways according to some fans.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Almost everyone that was interviewed by media whether it was Evans , Jp or coaches say that they are way ahead from where they were this time last year.

Think of it. Jauron this time was just getting to know his players and his asst. coaches . Evans was learning a new system and JP was going through a tryout. Same goes with the D.

But nevermind what they say. The the bills are gonna suck anyways according to some fans.
                  If Evans, JP and Jauron think the Bills will suck this year, do you really think they're going to say it to the media? Get real.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    If Evans, JP and Jauron think the Bills will suck this year, do you really think they're going to say it to the media? Get real.
                    they wouldn't say they would suck but they wouldn't talk about how they are light years ahead from where they were last year.

But hey, nevermind. We'll just have to TRUST YOU. You know more than the coaches

sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

I'm not sure Dick believes that his D is really better than last years!!

I do believe our offense has the ability to carry this team.

Outlook
                      Head coach Dick Jauron admitted he was an optimistic person by nature, but genuinely believes the 2007 version of his team will be an improved one from that of a year ago.
                      "I think we're better on offense and defense," said Jauron. "We're better athletically. I think we're faster. We're bigger and better up front on the offensive side. I believe we have improved ourselves there. That should help us both running and passing and should give J.P. a chance to keep improving."
                      "Defensively we lost some players that were leaders for us and we've added some players and I think they'll play at a high level. Our other players are more mature in our system. They know exactly how we play it. They know exactly how we expect them to play it. I think they'll play it better and faster."

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        they wouldn't say they would suck but they wouldn't talk about how they are light years ahead from where they were last year.

But hey, nevermind. We'll just have to TRUST YOU. You know more than the coaches

I never said I know more than the coaches.

What I do know is that players and coaches need to keep the fans interested, and one way to do that is to use the media for free advertising and say they're "light years" ahead of where they were last year. It doesn't make it true and it doesn't make it their real opinion.

I don't know what's going on in the coach's or players' heads. What I do know is that what comes out of their mouth isn't necessarily the same as what's going on in their heads- that's the reality of the situation.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Elminster
                          #1 Kelsay Fan
                          • Oct 2006

Hmmm...I think I'll believe the coach when he says he's optimistic rather than believe he's just saying it because Marv is old and cash to cap means we don't resign anyone because Ralph is cheap and they want to sell out before they're run out of town to Los Angeles and the Bills are demoted to the AFL
                          Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            I never said I know more than the coaches.

What I do know is that players and coaches need to keep the fans interested, and one way to do that is to use the media for free advertising and say they're "light years" ahead of where they were last year. It doesn't make it true and it doesn't make it their real opinion.

I don't know what's going on in the coach's or players' heads. What I do know is that what comes out of their mouth isn't necessarily the same as what's going on in their heads- that's the reality of the situation.
                            You said that we should just TRUST YOU that this team is not right for 5 wr set.
                            That would imply Fairchild is wrong and you know better.

You keep calling us homers for having trust in Marv . Sorry I'd rather be a MArv homer than an OP homer.

IN MARV WE TRUST!!!!!
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Elminster
                              Hmmm...I think I'll believe the coach when he says he's optimistic rather than believe he's just saying it because Marv is old and cash to cap means we don't resign anyone because Ralph is cheap and they want to sell out before they're run out of town to Los Angeles and the Bills are demoted to the AFL
                              show me one- just one- example of any coach at any time in the history of the NFL saying he's NOT optimistic for the upcoming season.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X