PDA

View Full Version : My shocking predictions!!

HHURRICANE
06-14-2007, 09:38 AM
1) Anthony Thomas gets cut. I believe that Wright is going to be our number two back and that someone with more special teams ability will beat out Thomas for the number 3 spot.

2) Nall stays at number 2 for now. As much as everyone thinks Edwards is the next Montana there is no reason to stick him at #2 unless Nall just totally blows. It could happen during the season but not by the season opener.

3) Our offense is top 8 this year. Fairchild is ready to take it up a notch. There is way too much strength with coaching, the line and JP not to expect a very explosive offense.

4) We beat the Pats this year. Yes, we finally beat them this year. I think our offense comes out and shocks them. 35-31. We get demolished in the rematch.

5) Youboty is better than Clements. I predict he gets burned a little more than Nate but makes it up on int's that come back for TDs.

Hammertime
06-14-2007, 09:49 AM
That's more like it HH. But i'm calling for a sweep of the Pats.

gr8slayer
06-14-2007, 09:50 AM
meh

justasportsfan
06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
D will be top 10.

:fishing:

HHURRICANE
06-14-2007, 09:58 AM
D will be top 10.

That was a joke, right?

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Nice try on that Pats sweep Hammer

ShadowHawk7
06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
1) Anthony Thomas gets cut. I believe that Wright is going to be our number two back and that someone with more special teams ability will beat out Thomas for the number 3 spot.

2) Nall stays at number 2 for now. As much as everyone thinks Edwards is the next Montana there is no reason to stick him at #2 unless Nall just totally blows. It could happen during the season but not by the season opener.

3) Our offense is top 8 this year. Fairchild is ready to take it up a notch. There is way too much strength with coaching, the line and JP not to expect a very explosive offense.

4) We beat the Pats this year. Yes, we finally beat them this year. I think our offense comes out and shocks them. 35-31. We get demolished in the rematch.

5) Youboty is better than Clements. I predict he gets burned a little more than Nate but makes it up on int's that come back for TDs.

I love your 4th prediction, I think that will happen as well.
I can't see the 5th one being true, I don't think Youboty will even start this year much less play at Clements level.
I would moderate your 3rd prediction to top 12 instead.

Mitchy moo
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
I love your 4th prediction, I think that will happen as well.
I can't see the 5th one being true, I don't think Youboty will even start this year much less play at Clements level.
I would moderate your 3rd prediction to top 12 instead.

I can see them making a rap song about Mr. Youboty and watching him kick some tail.

I think top 12 in the NFL for offense is very realistic.

I think we beat the Pats twice and really get huge press.

Mr. Miyagi
06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
That's the spirit HH!! :bf1:

Wait till Op, pat or Wys gets a hold of this thread....:snicker:

The King
06-14-2007, 12:49 PM
:shocked:

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 01:52 PM

1- Absolutely not. A-Train will start the season as the #1B RB. He'll get PLENTY of work. I think as the season goes on Wright will start to see some action and then in '08 it will be Lynch/Wright.

2- Agreed.

3- Very possible. I"ll go with you on this one. When our offense looks good this year, it will REALLY look good.

4- Its possible of course, but I wouldnt bet any money on it.

5- You are out of your ****ing mind. BTW, I think Youboty isnt even going to be the NICKEL back this year let alone a starter.

TacklingDummy
06-14-2007, 01:56 PM
The Bills offense is going to go from 30th to top 8? Nice prediction.

Dockery is going to make this offense that much better?

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 02:00 PM

Lynch and a more mature Losman may.

I dont know about Top 8 but I expect them to definitely be in the top half of the league.

SquishDaFish
06-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Where did he say Dockery was the reason??? Take you head out your ass TD.

The new improved OLine is one reason. The experience that the whole O is getting together is the main reason. Not to mention a RB who can catch and cut.

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
The new improved OLine is one reason.
New... Yes

Improved. I'll believe that when Langston Walker and Jason WHittle prove that on the field. I"ve seen nothing nor read anything about either of them to suggest they are any improvement over Pennington and Preston or whatever scrub has manned right guard.

Dockery does not making for improving an entire OL alone.

Pinkerton Security
06-14-2007, 02:18 PM

The new improved OLine is one reason. The experience that the whole O is getting together is the main reason. Not to mention a RB who can catch and cut.

YA! plus i think we were 28th, not 30th!

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Billsins you want me to take you seriously as a poster and validate the "questionable" uhhh "reputation" system at BZ.

Then why do you groan ANY post that questions a TRUTH?

Rather than "groan" like a 4-year old without a rebuttle, why dont you tell me HOW I am wrong when I question whether the Bills OL has improved as a whole?

Have you seen or read things about Langston Walker and Jason Whittle that suggest they are an IMPROVEMENT to our OL and not just two new names that weren't there last year? Enlighten me, please.

It it because Levy and Jauron like them in June? I'm sure they liked Tutan Reyes last year as well.

And for the record, I didnt say they couldn't or WONT be an improvement. .I said UNTIL they play and are better than Pennington and Preston, they are no improvement to me.

SquishDaFish
06-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Even if they for some reason dont start they are better then what we had at depth last year. And with Pennington having a year under his belt should make him better. It LOOKS a ton better then last year already.

And Pat I dont care if you take me seriously as a poster. PERIOD! I groan your posts because you never NEVER have anything positive to say at ALL!

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Even if they for some reason dont start they are better then what we had at depth last year. And with Pennington having a year under his belt should make him better. It LOOKS a ton better then last year already.

And Pat I dont care if you take me seriously as a poster. PERIOD! I groan your posts because you never NEVER have anything positive to say at ALL!
Sure I do.
I posted Lee Evans would be 4th in the AFC in yards receiving.

(Despite a constant flurry of double teams due to the rest of our WR's having CFL-level talent)

SquishDaFish
06-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Well Congrads Pat!! :clap:

But you had to throw in that shot in the last sentence ddnt you. Couldnt resist taking another negative shot.

Mr. Pink
06-14-2007, 02:42 PM

1. I don't see happening. Not a chance. Shaud Williams as a third back? Enough said. A-train while unspectacular is a steady player, you know what you got. What that is average, granted, but still...with Lynch and Wright they're still unproven commodities in this league. Releasing A-train at this time would be a mistake IMO

2. I'm in partial agreement here. He does have some NFL experience that Trent lacks, but it's not much. Having someone with experience is important. But his stranglehold on the job is by NO means guaranteed. Whoever performs better in camp/preseason will be the 2.

3. I think our offense will struggle a bit to open up the year, but in the second half really catch fire. New o-line needs to time to jell as a unit, new backfield needs to get acquainted with the NFL game....By midseason these should be cohesive and we'll see what kind of firepower we have. What this translates to on paper? Around 14-18th ranked overall on offense.

4. The meeting after the bye with the Pats, they're gonna dismantle us. It's par for the course, unfortunately. Years of data and comparing makes this thought not difficult. The other meeting with the Pats, I can see us playing them tight again. We'll stay within the spread, but win, not willing to bet on. it will be close and competitive though.

5. No chance in hell. Not a chance this year, not a chance next year, not a chance ever. Youboty was overrated at Ohio St and was extremely average. Seen by his "alleged" first round grade and then plummeting to round 3. Does he have the ability to be an adequate 3rd corner in this league? Yes. 1 or 2? There's a better chance a dinosaur will roam your backyard.

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I agree with BadTimesBoo.

THe offense will get a lot better as the year goes on, the OL gels as a unit and Lynch gets more used to the NFL speed.

Mr. Pink
06-14-2007, 02:49 PM

It only looks better because of Dockery.

If you're thinking of Turnstile Walker as improvement, you didn't see him play last year at all, or read anything about him. The only positive thing Raider fan had to say about him was he can block kicks.

If you're thinking that Walker if only a backup is a good signing, you're being shortsighted. He's being paid starter money, if he loses out to Pennington or Merz or Preston, then his signing was a huge error. 2 of the 3 mentioned players should NOT be starting on this line come opening day.

Whittle is a nice depth signing, he can play well, if needed in a pinch. And Dockery is a huge signing for the line. Walker is a HUGE question mark. Skill wise, he's no better than Villarial or Gandy, yet he got a HUGE contract. Doesn't make sense. Then some people think of it as a great signing, just because he now wears a Bills uniform.

Fact is he gave up almost a dozen sacks last year. On a line that was absolutely terrible all around, so he's obviously used to a poor work ethic on top of being overmatched for the most part. Yes there's hope that the Bills can coach him up and teach him better technique and improve his work ethic but it's more plausible that he stays the same as he was before, seeing that's what he's used to. Yes, McNally has helped Peters...But for Peters there's Gandy and Villarial, neither of which came with big price tags. Walker did. It's a huge gamble with VERY little upside. IMO

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I cant remember who on here said it.

But if McNally wasn't a Buffalo native, we'd have been calling for his head years ago.

I think he's done a pretty ****ty job with the OL as a whole during his tenure here. I"ve seen lines with less talent around the league perform much better.

TacklingDummy
06-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Dockery would not be part of that new improved Oline you were talking about? Improved on paper. It has yet to show any improvement on the field. Also the O-line does not have that much experience together.

A rookie RB.

The Vikings added Hutchinson last year who is better than Dockery and their offense was ranked 23rd.

feelthepain
06-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I cant remember who on here said it.

But if McNally wasn't a Buffalo native, we'd have been calling for his head years ago.

I think he's done a pretty ****ty job with the OL as a whole during his tenure here. I"ve seen lines with less talent around the league perform much better.

I think it's more about the playcalling then the Oline talent or coaching.

TacklingDummy
06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
YA! plus i think we were 28th, not 30th!

You think wrong. Look it up.

TigerJ
06-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm with you on 2 and 3. I would not be shocked by #4. Think at this point Shaud Williams is history, but Anthony Thomas may hang around. The Bills could keep 4 RBs with Scobey making the team as a special teamer. Thus, I'm not ready to buy into #1. Who knows if Youboty might eventually be as good as Clements, but I don't expect it this year. I think Webster begins the season as starter with McGee.

Mr. Miyagi
06-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I think it's more about the playcalling then the Oline talent or coaching.
Good thing Mularkey is now in Miami. :whew:

feelthepain
06-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Good thing Mularkey is now in Miami. :whew:

Yeah we were 20th on O and you were 28th....good thing.

ddaryl
06-14-2007, 03:15 PM

1.) disagree. Anthony stays because of experience. We want a guy like Atrain around this year.

2.) Common sense IMNO. Yeah Nall is the #2 guy most of this year. Edwards is being groomed slowly

3.) Our O will carry the team some this year and it starts upofront.

4.) This would be a treat

5.) I think we will miss Clements in the beginning but the D will look stronger at the end of the season. Guys like Youbouty will start to find their place and will get better as the years wears on.

A good post with realistic predicitons.... We will have ups and downs, and I look forward to a strong finish this season.

justasportsfan
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM

that opinion will change tomorrow.

justasportsfan
06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
A-Train stays. Jackson and Shaud will go before he does.

shelby
06-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Keep it football related y'all.

This is Losman's year to shine. He has the tools to work with, though i am not sold on the quality of our running game yet.

Youbouty is still a question mark. The current state of our defense is a cause for concern. i'll be able to form a better opinion once the season begins.

i would love to sweep the Dolphins again and beat the Pats at least once.

Anything better than 7-9 will be an improvement.

HHURRICANE
06-14-2007, 04:10 PM

I expect this from FTP but not from a supposed Bills fan. One more time:

1) Peters starts at Left Tackle vs. getting moved their half way through the season. Yes, Dockery helps but that's in addition to adding Walker and Whittle to a good young group with Butler, Pennington and Merz.

2) Besides maturity, JP gets to start with the entire playbook.

3) Now that the WRs and TEs don't have to stay in as much to block this should open up the entire field.

4) Who doesn't think that Lynch and Wright aren't upgrades?

5) Second year in the same scheme, with the same coordinator, and the same QB. First time this is happened in 8 years!!!

mikemac2001
06-14-2007, 08:06 PM
What did the Bills do this offseason to imporve 20 spots on Offense?? Oh that's right, you added Dockery.

2nd year in a system

More experience from young QB (let the leash off him)

A better rb that fits our style much more

addition to the oline ( i think having a strong left side will create alot of playaction rollouts for losman)

Better oline allows us to send TE in pass game creates more threats

so ya just dockery ...great comment great

don137
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
2nd year in a system

addition to the oline ( i think having a strong left side will create alot of playaction rollouts for losman)

Excellent Post...Make a statement and back it up with information instead of just making statements with nothing to back it up.
I agree completely not to mention the continuity of the sane system unlike previous years..

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 08:37 PM
It's common sense, you have been making these "Bills are better then they are" posts all off season.
Actually, Hurricane has had plenty of anti happy Bills posts this offseason

feelthepain
06-14-2007, 08:40 PM
2nd year in a system

(28TH overall on offense + Dockery + JP's avg play + 07 schedule) Doesn't equal a 20 position increase from 06! Anythings possible, but for the Bills to move into even the top 15 isn't very likely, sorry!

feelthepain
06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Actually, Hurricane has had plenty of anti happy Bills posts this offseason

Another reason not to consider this a valid argument.

mikemac2001
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
(28TH overall on offense + Dockery + JP's avg play + 07 schedule) Doesn't equal a 20 position increase from 06! Anythings possible, but for the Bills to move into even the top 15 isn't very likely, sorry!

Your weak comment was all from dockery

i gave you multiple reasons why our offense should improve idk if it will be top ten but i dont think it needs to be...and 07 schedule means nothing to me both teams still have to go out and play...anything can happen before the game actually happens...i know some teams are better but we played pats twice and SD and colts and bears and ravens thats 6 hard games to win

feelthepain
06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Your weak comment was all from dockery

i gave you multiple reasons why our offense should improve idk if it will be top ten but i dont think it needs to be...and 07 schedule means nothing to me both teams still have to go out and play...anything can happen before the game actually happens...i know some teams are better but we played pats twice and SD and colts and bears and ravens thats 6 hard games to win

OK......

2nd year in a system

A system that finished 28th overall, 28th in passing and 27th in rushing. MM finished the season better then Fairchild.

Experience isn't/wasn't JP's problem. He's not very (football smart) He doesn't read defenses well and the only thing he could do well was throw the ball deep. He wasn't/isn't a good manager of the game.

Gotta love how Bill fans proclaim success before the fact. Ted Ginn is a reach, has injury problems and is too small, But Lynch is an upgrade has boatloads of talent and is better then what you had. Gosh I guess I'm the only who doesn't see the obvious bias in these two opinions. Why don't you wait and see. He's never carried the load at any level has ankle injury issues and has yet to take a snap in the NFL, you have zero proof your RB position has or hasn't improved....in other words your argument here is pointless.

Again, it's just your opinion the Bills Oline is better, you have zero proof it is or isn't better. Who is your TE? What have they done in the NFL? Playoffs? Probowls?? HOF numbers?? Anything??? Nope! More hope then fact.

I think you have proven zero, nothing notta! Everything you've written above is pure speculation and you have zero to back it up. I said what have the Bills done to move from the 28th overall offense to inside the top 10 and you bring theory and hope, not a strong argument, not hardly.

mikemac2001
06-14-2007, 09:17 PM
OK......

A system that finished 28th overall, 28th in passing and 27th in rushing. MM finished the season better then Fairchild.

Experience isn't/wasn't JP's problem. He's not very (football smart) He doesn't read defenses well and the only thing he could do well was throw the ball deep. He wasn't/isn't a good manager of the game.

Gotta love how Bill fans proclaim success before the fact. Ted Ginn is a reach, has injury problems and is too small, But Lynch is an upgrade has boatloads of talent and is better then what you had. Gosh I guess I'm the only who doesn't see the obvious bias in these two opinions. Why don't you wait and see. He's never carried the load at any level has ankle injury issues and has yet to take a snap in the NFL, you have zero proof your RB position has or hasn't improved....in other words your argument here is pointless.

Again, it's just your opinion the Bills Oline is better, you have zero proof it is or isn't better. Who is your TE? What have they done in the NFL? Playoffs? Probowls?? HOF numbers?? Anything??? Nope! More hope then fact.

I think you have proven zero, nothing notta! Everything you've written above is pure speculation and you have zero to back it up. I said what have the Bills done to move from the 28th overall offense to inside the top 10 and you bring theory and hope, not a strong argument, not hardly.

Yes the system did finish 28th but also early on in the season they were holding JP back...also our running game wasnt that strong with mcgahee he didnt fit our system with lynch our checkdown game can be alot stronger so instead of 2nd n 9 it can be 2nd and 7 (yes 2 yds matter)

Saying Jp wasnt a good game manager he showed many signs of being able to lead a team down the field to get into a game winning or tying situation COLTS texans and titans...also your comment was just your feelings about it and no real facts...also the coaches have even said they were holding him back a little last year

I felt ginn was a reach but i still see it could work out for you guys....he is injured and i dont think his WR skills are that good but he is a load of talent and get his routes better and little stronger could be a very dangerous player. still felt quinn was better choice instead of 37 yr old green

Yes i feel the oline is an upgrade its really hard to judge that until preseason tho, you can only look at what you had before and i feel we didnt have much so i cant say its a fact i can say Dockery should improve the left side and help open up playactions to the left allowing JP to roll to the right. but you saying it isnt really isnt facts either

and ive never said they were top 10 i can see them being on edge but im saying they have made improvements and it looks like a team that could have an exciting offense. But please state facts instead of saying everyone else isnt. everything you say is opinion and i havent seen facts. Last year ranks mean nothing this year

TacklingDummy
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM

According to ESPN the Bills were the 30th ranked offense.

feelthepain
06-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes the system did finish 28th but also early on in the season they were holding JP back...also our running game wasnt that strong with mcgahee he didnt fit our system with lynch our checkdown game can be alot stronger so instead of 2nd n 9 it can be 2nd and 7 (yes 2 yds matter)

I see, so all the things that were wrong with the Bills last year have not only been fixed, but fixed to the point where the Bills should move 28th to 8th? Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but there's a difference in optimistic and unrealistic.

Saying Jp wasnt a good game manager he showed many signs of being able to lead a team down the field to get into a game winning or tying situation COLTS texans and titans...also your comment was just your feelings about it and no real facts...also the coaches have even said they were holding him back a little last year

Sorry he didn't do this at all, three years int the NFL he should be much further along...especially for a starter and a first rounder that cost the Bills a 2nd also. How on earth does holding a QB back make any sense whatsoever? Of all the positions on the field why on gods green earth would anyone choose the QB to hold back? They weren't holding him back, they were affraid to give him too much, why? Cause he can't handle it.

I felt ginn was a reach but i still see it could work out for you guys....he is injured and i dont think his WR skills are that good but he is a load of talent and get his routes better and little stronger could be a very dangerous player. still felt quinn was better choice instead of 37 yr old green

He wasn't a reach till he proves he was a reach. He isn't injured he practiced fully at the last Mini camp and had a real nice practice without the red Jersey that say's "hands off". The coaching staff worked extra hard at jamming Ginn at the LOS during camp to get him prepared for the upcoming tranning camp and preseason. He has soft hands and watches the ball all the way in. He has natural catching skills. As with any first year WR it will be a learning experience, but there is no way you can call Ginn a reach till he proves he was.

Yes i feel the oline is an upgrade its really hard to judge that until preseason tho, you can only look at what you had before and i feel we didnt have much so i cant say its a fact i can say Dockery should improve the left side and help open up playactions to the left allowing JP to roll to the right. but you saying it isnt really isnt facts either

Realistically you only added a G, Langston Walker is by no means an upgrade to even the backup position....atleast if you go off his previous work, which at this point is all you can do. Of all the positions to an Oline the G position is the eaisest to replace, they don't call the line calls and they don't have an open end. The Bills have a long way to go to prove the addition was all they needed to do to improve. Obviously the second year in the system will help, but until they play and show improvement, there's really no way to tell what the Bills have. I think the Bills line is better....but only slightly at this point.

and ive never said they were top 10 i can see them being on edge but im saying they have made improvements and it looks like a team that could have an exciting offense. But please state facts instead of saying everyone else isnt. everything you say is opinion and i havent seen facts. Last year ranks mean nothing this year

I never said you did say they were top ten, however you were repsponding to me responding to someone that does think the Bills could be top 10. I just argue why it's not likely.

FlyingDutchman
06-15-2007, 12:26 AM
My socking prediction...our secondary surprises everyone and is top 10 in the league against the pass led by Ko Simpson who takes his play to another level.

Michael82
06-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Here's my shocking and optimistic predictions.....

1. Terrence McGee will tear it up and take over as the number 1 cornerback with ease. He will finish the season with about 5-6 Interceptions and will make the Pro Bowl for his cornerback play and his kick returner play, with 3 of the INTs for TDs, and 3 returns for TDs.

2. Josh Reed will finally wake up and shine like we all know he can. He will get over the 1,000 yard mark and catch 4 TDs too. Evans gets most of the TDs.

3. Donte Whitner will become the strong safety that we all expect him to become. By the end of the season, people will be saying.... Troy Polamalu who?

4. Darwin Walker will come to an agreement with the Buffalo Bills and will come to training camp and will end the season with 8 sacks.

5. The shocking cut of the year.....Peerless Price. After a poor camp and a bad preseason, Marv decides to cut the bait and promote Roscoe Parrish to the #3 receiver. Sam Aiken finally gets his chance as the #4 and he actually has a pretty good season. Jemalle Cornelius makes it as the 5th receiver.

feelthepain
06-15-2007, 08:18 AM

1. Terrence McGee will tear it up and take over as the number 1 cornerback with ease. He will finish the season with about 5-6 Interceptions and will make the Pro Bowl for his cornerback play and his kick returner play, with 3 of the INTs for TDs, and 3 returns for TDs.

2. Josh Reed will finally wake up and shine like we all know he can. He will get over the 1,000 yard mark and catch 4 TDs too. Evans gets most of the TDs.

3. Donte Whitner will become the strong safety that we all expect him to become. By the end of the season, people will be saying.... Troy Polamalu who?

4. Darwin Walker will come to an agreement with the Buffalo Bills and will come to training camp and will end the season with 8 sacks.

5. The shocking cut of the year.....Peerless Price. After a poor camp and a bad preseason, Marv decides to cut the bait and promote Roscoe Parrish to the #3 receiver. Sam Aiken finally gets his chance as the #4 and he actually has a pretty good season. Jemalle Cornelius makes it as the 5th receiver.

You obviously think Evans is a 1000 yard WR this year, you then go on to say Reed will also be a 1000 yard WR this year aswell. So you're saying the Bills will have (2) 1000 yard WR's in the same season? Whens the last time that happened in Buffalo? I get the "shocking prediction" concept, but shouldn't this be labled "Ultimate dream" instead?

HHURRICANE
06-15-2007, 08:23 AM

I like this:

1) McGee could totally surprise us because he did have a very good 2005.

2) I think Josh Reed is as good as he's ever going to be. He's reliable but not great.

3) I think Donte Whitner played great as a rookie. I expect nothing less than your predicition.

4) I hope your right but I'm concerned for more than one reason. I think we will be the laughing stock of the entire league if he goes back to Philly. I really don't believe that Buffalo realized that his rights reverted back.

5) I think Peerless getting cut is pretty shocking but possible.

Bulldog
06-15-2007, 08:32 AM
You obviously think Evans is a 1000 yard WR this year, you then go on to say Reed will also be a 1000 yard WR this year aswell. So you're saying the Bills will have (2) 1000 yard WR's in the same season? Whens the last time that happened in Buffalo? I get the "shocking prediction" concept, but shouldn't this be labled "Ultimate dream" instead?

Eric Mould & Peerless Price did it in 2002 in Bledsoe's first year with the Bills.

Moulds : 100 Rec 1,292 YDS 10 TD's

Price : 94 Rec 1,252 YDS 9 TD's

Any other questions genius? Maybe you should do a little research before you open your big mouth.

SquishDaFish
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Eric Mould & Peerless Price did it in 2002 in Bledsoe's first year with the Bills.

Moulds : 100 Rec 1,292 YDS 10 TD's

Price : 94 Rec 1,252 YDS 9 TD's

Any other questions genius? Maybe you should do a little research before you open your big mouth.

Bulldog dont throw facts into his arguments he wouldnt know what to say if he knew those facts. He just likes to try to bring our team down to Miamis level of sucktatude. Which he will find out wont happen when we play the games.

patmoran2006
06-15-2007, 08:59 AM

Lets just be happy if he evolves into a number one corner,period.

YOu're like the father who won't give up on his smack addict son. Josh Reed is a 30-35 catch, 400-500 yard receiver last year, the year before, this year and beyond.

Nobody is going to say that, but I expect Whitner to be a very solid safety this year and the leader of the secondary.

Darwin Walker will never wear a Bills uniform. Marv knew this when we traded for him. Spikes was a salary dump, plain and simple.

Told ya Price is gonna get cut two weeks ago. I'd love to see Cornelius get a shot. However, it makes NO sense finanically to cut Price except to save more money.

Michael82
06-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I like this:

1) McGee could totally surprise us because he did have a very good 2005.

2) I think Josh Reed is as good as he's ever going to be. He's reliable but not great.

3) I think Donte Whitner played great as a rookie. I expect nothing less than your predicition.

4) I hope your right but I'm concerned for more than one reason. I think we will be the laughing stock of the entire league if he goes back to Philly. I really don't believe that Buffalo realized that his rights reverted back.

5) I think Peerless getting cut is pretty shocking but possible.

1) Yeah, McGee looked very good in 2005 and I thought he got better as the season went on last year. I see him filling in for Clements easily this year, especially with a full season in this defensive system.

2) I don't know why, but I think Josh Reed is finally going to breakout. Didn't it take Eric Moulds like 3 or 4 years before he finally shined? :scratch:

3) I think he played great as a rookie too and was surprised he didn't get any votes as Defensive rookie of the year.

4) I'm concerned about the whole situation, but something tells me that with McCargo still nursing that injury and our only other option being Tim Anderson...Marv is going to do something to convince Walker to come to Rochester for Training Camp.

5) Yeah it is pretty shocking. I figured I would toss it in because I expect one shocking cut. If it's not Price, then it might be Anthony Thomas or Kiwaukee Thomas.

dannyek71
06-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Better prediction:
Mikey gets drunk and chases Phil
I drink too many St. Ides and pass out during the Baltimore game

FlyingDutchman
06-15-2007, 01:59 PM

dude..it was practically his rookie year, and he was learning a brand new system, what do you deem impressive?

patmoran2006
06-15-2007, 02:06 PM

What an idiotic post. Experience wasn't JP's problem? Sure as hell was, especially during the beginning of the year. As he got experienced, his overall game much improved.

Or maybe you just dont see it or want to see it.

He can only throw the ball deep?
Maybe you didnt watch the final drive against Houston when he threaded a needle to Peerless Price in the end zone as the clock was going down.

Maybe you didnt watch the final drive as he led the team over the Jags in the wanning seconds.

How many turnovers did Losman have in two games against the Fins last year?

Can only throw the deep ball? Pleaseeeee

SquishDaFish
06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Stop feeding the damn TROLL FTP! Hes not the brightest lightbulb on the X-Mas tree. :shortbus:

feelthepain
06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
What an idiotic post. Experience wasn't JP's problem? Sure as hell was, especially during the beginning of the year. As he got experienced, his overall game much improved.

Or maybe you just dont see it or want to see it.

He can only throw the ball deep?
Maybe you didnt watch the final drive against Houston when he threaded a needle to Peerless Price in the end zone as the clock was going down.

Maybe you didnt watch the final drive as he led the team over the Jags in the wanning seconds.

How many turnovers did Losman have in two games against the Fins last year?

Can only throw the deep ball? Pleaseeeee

He can't read defenses, he understands the speed of the game at the NFL level because he's started enough games. That's where the inexperience is most notable for rookies getting use to the speed of the game. Every QB should be able to read a defense since most QB's have been playing QB for most of their football lives, therefore JP isn't inexperience, he's just not able to read a defense. It's why the Bills tried to make the Bills offense as simple as possible, cutting down on what he has to do and see. Making it less likely he would make a mistake.

You bring up the Jags game, who cares, it's one game. JP's been in the NFL long enough that he should be a better QB then he is. The coaches shouldn't have to simplify a gameplan for a first round DP in his third year. JP's numbers in his third year are nothing but avg. you act as if he's a probowl caliber QB....NOT even close.

FlyingDutchman
06-15-2007, 05:08 PM
He can't read defenses, he understands the speed of the game at the NFL level because he's started enough games. That's where the inexperience is most notable for rookies getting use to the speed of the game. Every QB should be able to read a defense since most QB's have been playing QB for most of their football lives, therefore JP isn't inexperience, he's just not able to read a defense. It's why the Bills tried to make the Bills offense as simple as possible, cutting down on what he has to do and see. Making it less likely he would make a mistake.

You bring up the Jags game, who cares, it's one game. JP's been in the NFL long enough that he should be a better QB then he is. The coaches shouldn't have to simplify a gameplan for a first round DP in his third year. JP's numbers in his third year are nothing but avg. you act as if he's a probowl caliber QB....NOT even close.

First of all, how many games did you closely watch JPs play? Second of all, once again it was practically his ROOKIE YEAR. Simplify bc he cant read defenses? How about simplify because its a new system in which EVERYONE is still learning. It was his rookie season and the gameplan was to keep it simple until he starts to get it. Well if you watched games in the second half of the year, you would see he was starting to get it, and should have less restrictions on the playbook the more he understands it, and the more he LEARNS TO READ DEFENSES. Stop talking about crap you have no idea about. Not to mention, you try "reading the defense" when you have a DE breathing down your neck.

feelthepain
06-15-2007, 09:34 PM
First of all, how many games did you closely watch JPs play? Second of all, once again it was practically his ROOKIE YEAR. Simplify bc he cant read defenses? How about simplify because its a new system in which EVERYONE is still learning. It was his rookie season and the gameplan was to keep it simple until he starts to get it. Well if you watched games in the second half of the year, you would see he was starting to get it, and should have less restrictions on the playbook the more he understands it, and the more he LEARNS TO READ DEFENSES. Stop talking about crap you have no idea about. Not to mention, you try "reading the defense" when you have a DE breathing down your neck.

I see, Bill fans justify avg. play form "their QB position" as, inexperienced, new system, practically a rookie and so on. But when it''s another team with a young QB, they just plain suck, end of story. Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot the excuses are legit. JP is avg, always has been always will be.

patmoran2006
06-15-2007, 09:47 PM
He's been in the league long enough that he should be a better QB? Are you serious?

He wasn't even drafted until 2004 and broke his leg as a rookie. The next year he was HANDED the job after the idiot former GM cut Bledsoe before Losman was understandably ready. He was thrown under the bus as a rookie (for all intents and purposes) by a number of vets who thought they could "win now" with Holcomb; and this includes his primary WR at the time in Eric Moulds. Let's not even talk about an OL that featured the likes of Trey Teague, Chris Villarrial, Bennie Anderson and Mike Gandy and other collective bums. He was benched by a clueless coach and held back in a big way from learning the rops behind center in game action; despite being a poor team that had no chance of contending for the playoffs.

Last year was his first full season as a starter, and he had many good games and some bad ones. Last time I checked that's the norm with young quarterbacks in the NFL. He's one of the better young QB's in the NFL and now that he has a minimum better left side of the OL and a Running back who can both catch and care about playing; he's going to get even better.

I diss the Bills as much any anyone on here because frankly I despise our owner which trickles down to the front office.

But to write Losman off as a dime or dozen scrub is ignorant and mind-blowingly absurd-- especially when you're talking smack and representing a team that's had the absolute WORST quarterbacking in the NFL over the past SEVERAL seasons.

Michael82
06-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Better prediction:
Mikey gets drunk and chases Phil
I drink too many St. Ides and pass out during the Baltimore game
I never get drunk. I don't know what you are talking about.... :ontome:

Luisito23
06-16-2007, 08:16 AM
I never get drunk. I don't know what you are talking about.... :ontome:

:drool: :drool: :drool:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

feelthepain
06-16-2007, 10:31 AM
But to write Losman off as a dime or dozen scrub is ignorant and mind-blowingly absurd-- especially when you're talking smack and representing a team that's had the absolute WORST quarterbacking in the NFL over the past SEVERAL seasons.

Yeah I know....excuses galore for the Bills QB situation. Besides Joey Harrington finished the season with the 13th best passing offense in the league in 06 while God all mighty JP the Birlliant was part of the 28th best passing offense in the NFL. The only thing obsurd is that Bill fans trash other teams QB's and Oline yet their own team is near the bottom of the league in both those statitics while the team they are trashing finished the season statitically better.

See the statistics over a 16 game season give an overall view of where the team stands, the Bill fans think because they beat Miami twice that's some kind of achievement. Well if the season were only two games long you'd have a point, but it's 16 games long and over a 16 game stretch, Miami's Offense was better, and Joey was in his first year with the Dolphins and the scheme and the Line and WR's oh and Joey was our backup. JP was your starter yet couldn't manage better then 28th overall on offense....yeah what a superstar!!!

SquishDaFish
06-16-2007, 07:49 PM
JP would be the starter right now for Miami and he would of been last year. Miami QBs suck and sucked last year too. So stop your crap plain and simple.

feelthepain
06-17-2007, 03:53 AM
JP would be the starter right now for Miami and he would of been last year. Miami QBs suck and sucked last year too. So stop your crap plain and simple.

JP wouldn't be the waterboy in Miami, he be stuck behind Cleo Lemon. JP is worthless, everyone knows this but Bill fans. There isn't one team in the league that would trade their QB for JP, deal with it.

Michael82
06-17-2007, 08:16 AM
JP wouldn't be the waterboy in Miami, he be stuck behind Cleo Lemon. JP is worthless, everyone knows this but Bill fans. There isn't one team in the league that would trade their QB for JP, deal with it.
What a pathetic, ignorant post! :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
06-17-2007, 08:38 AM

Posts like this are credibility killers.

TacklingDummy
06-17-2007, 11:06 AM
There isn't one team in the league that would trade their QB for JP, deal with it.

Colts: Manning :check:
Tenn: Young :check:
Jags: Leftwich/Garrard :check:
Texans: Schaub :check:
Pats: Brady :check:
Jets Chad :check:
Miami: Green Maybe
Ravens: McNair :check:
Bengals: Palmer :check:
Pitt: Ben :check:
Browns: Quinn :check:
Eagels: McNabb :check:
Cowboys: Romo :check:
Giants: Manning :check:
Arizona: Leinart :check:
Washington: Maybe
Bears: Grossman :check:
Packers: Favre :check:
Minnesota: ???
Detroit: Stanton/Kitna :check:
Seattle: Hasslebeck :check:
Rams Buglar :check:
49ers: Smith :check:
Chiefs: Huard, Maybe
Raiders: ?? Probably
Denver: Cutler :check:
SD: Rivers :check:
Bucs: Garica :check:
Atlanta: Vick :check:
Panthers: Jake D. :check:
Saints: Brees :check:

Not true. The Raiders, Vikings, Chiefs, Washington, and Miami maybe would trade for JP if they had the chance.

feelthepain
06-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Not true. The Raiders, Vikings, Chiefs, and Miami maybe would trade for JP if they had the chance.

There is no chance Miami would trade Green for JP, JP doesn't have the intelligence to run Cams offense or the skills. JP is not a highly accurate passer and he doesn't read defenses well, that won't fly in Cams offense. Green may be 37 years old, but he's got a hellova of a lot better career then JP could hope for especially in the "Air Coryell offense", no chance in Hell Miami would trade JP for Green, besides the fact that Miami just drafted their futre QB, a QB that posted college numbers that JP coudn't even touch when he was in college, so our future QB situation is set.

As for Minn, they drafted their future QB last year in Travaris Jackson, The Chiefs have Damon Huard who's been a much better pro QB then JP has and they also drafted Brady Croyle who they seem to like alot, so much so that they are giving him a shot to start if he can beat out Huard in camp.The Redskins love their young QB Jason Campbell, Joe Gibbs loves this kid and they feel they will be set with him. The Raiders wouldn't trade Jamrcus Russell for JP never in a Million years. So I don't see any of those teams trading for JP. If JP had actually played at a high level since the day he started and made good strides from year one to year two to year three, then yes JP might actually have a shot at another team. But no one would trade for a QB that has 8 games of avg. footbll under his belt after three years in the league.

patmoran2006
06-17-2007, 01:30 PM
There is no chance Miami would trade Green for JP, JP doesn't have the intelligence to run Cams offense or the skills. JP is not a highly accurate passer and he doesn't read defenses well, that won't fly in Cams offense. Green may be 37 years old, but he's got a hellova of a lot better career then JP could hope for, no chance in Hell Miami would trade JP for Green, besides the fact that Miami just drafted their futre QB, a QB that posted college numbers that JP coudn't even touch when he was in college, so our future QB situation is set. .
Honestly, and i'm not even joking around.

That is one of the ten single DUMBEST posts I have ever read during my 3-4 on again/off again years at Billszone. ABsolutely stupid, pointless, inaccurate and flat-out ignorant.

There was a time for whatever reason, and I dont know why, but I thought you knew what you were talking about and I'd engage you in conversation. But it couldn't be anymore obvious that you are absolutely clueless-- to the point I won't even debate your absurd statement.

I dont say this cause your a Fins fan. bling is a fins fan and some others and I have no problems discussing football with them. Everybody knows I am far from a homer when it comes to the Bills.

But honestly speaking, I dont think anybody should even acknowledge yours posts or existance on here because that's some of the most horrible crap I've ever read in my life.... ever

patmoran2006
06-17-2007, 01:34 PM

Not true. The Raiders, Vikings, Chiefs, and Miami maybe would trade for JP if they had the chance.
You're nuts, plain and simple.
Just off the top of my head from your checklist.
Jags- So bad they may trade for Culpepper.
Ravens- Mcnair is at end of his career.
Bears- Grossman?? LOL
Packers- See McNair. Are you serious at this point?
detroit- Stanton/Kitna over JP? You must really hate JP.. C'mon now
Seattle- Hasselbeck's almost done.
Panters- Jake is in danger of losing his job to Carr already.. Please.
TB- Garcia. Garcia???????????

feelthepain
06-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Honestly, and i'm not even joking around.

That is one of the ten single DUMBEST posts I have ever read during my 3-4 on again/off again years at Billszone. ABsolutely stupid, pointless, inaccurate and flat-out ignorant.

There was a time for whatever reason, and I dont know why, but I thought you knew what you were talking about and I'd engage you in conversation. But it couldn't be anymore obvious that you are absolutely clueless-- to the point I won't even debate your absurd statement.

I dont say this cause your a Fins fan. bling is a fins fan and some others and I have no problems discussing football with them. Everybody knows I am far from a homer when it comes to the Bills.

But honestly speaking, I dont think anybody should even acknowledge yours posts or existance on here because that's some of the most horrible crap I've ever read in my life.... ever

Please stop with the homer attitude, you have zero proof JP is anything other then avg. Try as you might he's done nothing in the NFL to justify any other team to give up what they have for JP. None!! Cry, piss and maon all you like, but as usual Bill fans see a Bill player put up the most minimal stats and then try to parlay that into 10 times the value. It doesn't work that way, get over your love affair for an avg. at best QB.

feelthepain
06-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Bears- Grossman?? LOL

Here's your problem, you only see one thing with JP....YOUTH. Who gives a rats ass how young a QB is if he can't play the position?? Leftwich has far better #'s then JP...FACT! Infact there isn't a starter in your post that hasn't greatly outplayed JP. But you think JP is better...why does this not surprise me? Oh yeah, cause you are speaking while wearing your homer glasses. Funny how the players you knock all have 10 times better stats playing in the NFL then JP, but you think JP who's proven nothing is better. Gotta love the logic in that.

TacklingDummy
06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
There is no chance Miami would trade Green for JP, JP doesn't have the intelligence to run Cams offense or the skills..

The Raiders wouldn't trade Jamrcus Russell for JP never in a Million years. So I don't see any of those teams trading for JP.

But no one would trade for a QB that has 8 games of avg. footbll under his belt after three years in the league.

I said maybe to Miami because of Green's age.

I forgot the Raiders drafted Russell. You are correct, they wouldn't trade for JP either.

TacklingDummy
06-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Bears- Grossman?? LOL

The Ravens have Boller as backup, why would they want JP?

Your laughing at Grossman? He played a hell of alot better than JP did at times last year.

Packers: Favre has 2 more years in him. Rodgers is already on the roster. Why would they want JP?

Detroit drafted Stanton, why would they want JP?

Seattle: Hasselbeck is not even close to done.

Panthers: You could probably lump them in with the maybe's.

TB: Garica as starter, Gradkowski as backup, why would they want JP?

It's actually silly talking about this. It would never happen in the first place.
Why would other teams trade for JP when they can just pick JP up next off-season when the Bills cut him and Edwards is the Bills new starter. :snicker: