PDA

View Full Version : Pats Top 5 Most Important Players

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 01:58 PM
This is NOT my list of the best 5 players on the Bills. This is my list of the Top 5 Bills this season in order of their importance to the team improving on last year. Of course, everyone is important but none more than these five.

I'll spare the insight as I'm sure it will be argued later on anyway.

5- Donte Whitner- Year 2, 8th overall pick. Someone needs to emerge from the secondary as the "leader" and my expectations are it needs to be him.

4- Paul Posluszny- Lots of pressure for just a rookie, but if the front seven is to improve he must be at the center of some big plays.

3- Langston Walker- OL as a whole improves ONLY if the right side is good too.

2- John McCargo- The one DT on the team who HASNT proven he is awful at stopping the run.

1- JP Losman- The team will live and die by his decision making this year.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll go with:

5. Terrence McGee- We need to have at least one above average corner wether it's the Cover 2 system or not. He came on towards the end of last year so that's encouraging.

4. Keith Ellison- Just as important for him to IMprove as it is for POZ to prove. I think his speed from sideline to sideline is underrated.

3. John McCargo- He needs to step up big for this team especially if Darwin Walker doesn't get his lazy ass to camp.

2. Paul Posluszny- The defense needs new leaders and he HAS to become one of them. He has a lot of ability, but we haven't heard much about him in the minicamps which scares me a little, but I feel like he is a player that knows what has to be done on gameday to get the win. He won't wow anyone in practice, but his instincts will carry him on gamedays.

1. J.P. Losman- How could it not be Losman? If he struggles we are looking at a top 5 pick next year. If he excels we are looking to at least crack .500 in my opinion. I have all the faith in the world that he will be very good this year and our Offense will keep us in games while our Defense continues to grow.

Other consideration- Derrick Dockery needs to earn his money, Langston Walker needs to do the same, Whitner, Simpson, and Youboty need to step it up.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Good post.

The only reason I wouldnt include McGee on my list is he's about roughly the same in ability at CB as three other guys: Webster, Thomas and Youboty.

Sure it would be NICE if he becomes a solid #1. But with or without him I dont see a lot from our corners this year.

HAMMER
06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Good post JJ.

CAbills
06-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Ill will pick different guys then those already mentioned.

5. Ko Simpson - Struggled at times last year, was late to react to certain situations. If he and Whitner both improve there play the secondary can be pretty good.

4. Whomever fills the other CB position whether it be Webster, Youboty, Thomas - Someone needs to solidify that other spot and not be a totally liability out there. Say what you want about Nate Clements ( I have my own thoughts about him ) those are large shoes to fill.

3. Marshawn Lynch - Willis Who? If he can provide a solid receiving threat for the Bills and is able to move the chains on running plays this will help the offense pretty much in eveyr facet.

2. Will a tight end threat please stand up? - Robert Royal, Kevin Everette, Ciaslek, somebody has to bring SOMETHING to this position. The offensive line has seemed to it doesnt seem like we will have to keep tight ends to make up for the inefficiency of the offensive line. Somebody has to provide JP a passing target this season.

1. The receiving core minus Lee Evans Evans is a beast. After that there is a drop off, Price, Reed and Roscoe need to become big players in the offense this season if we want to have a season worth mentioning.

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Ill will pick different guys then those already mentioned.

5. Ko Simpson - Struggled at times last year, was late to react to certain situations. If he and Whitner both improve there play the secondary can be pretty good.

4. Whomever fills the other CB position whether it be Webster, Youboty, Thomas - Someone needs to solidify that other spot and not be a totally liability out there. Say what you want about Nate Clements ( I have my own thoughts about him ) those are large shoes to fill.

3. Marshawn Lynch - Willis Who? If he can provide a solid receiving threat for the Bills and is able to move the chains on running plays this will help the offense pretty much in eveyr facet.

2. Will a tight end threat please stand up? - Robert Royal, Kevin Everette, Ciaslek, somebody has to bring SOMETHING to this position. The offensive line has seemed to it doesnt seem like we will have to keep tight ends to make up for the inefficiency of the offensive line. Somebody has to provide JP a passing target this season.

1. The receiving core minus Lee Evans Evans is a beast. After that there is a drop off, Price, Reed and Roscoe need to become big players in the offense this season if we want to have a season worth mentioning.
Good post.

Crisis
06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I thought this was going to be another New England thread....

shelby
06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
What about Jason Peters?

mybills
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Lindell!

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Peters is important, but in a different way. We pretty much know what we will get from him. these other guys are important because we don't know what to expect from them.

DynaPaul
06-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm keeping it simple. Both the O and D lines. If they can't step it up this year then we won't be able to compete with the big dogs.

casdhf
06-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Haven't we seen this thread already?

Generalissimus Gibby
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
1) The Oline - I know I am cheating here, but we need them to act like one single integrated mean machine that will blow open holes in opposing defences and give JP time to connect to receivers other than Evans and make any receiver on the team a competent number 2

2) JP- He is the lynch pin of the outfit. He continues to make progress on last year, I believe he will, and we are set. He ****s the bed and we are sunk

3) Speaking of Lynch, well if Marshawn fulfills the high expectations for him then we are going to be a potent running and passing offence

4) POZ- the MLB is the heart of the 43 D and if Poz answers the call we will be very good.

5) McCargo- I know, I know everyone worries about Youboty, McGee, and Whitner along with the rest of our CBs but if McCargo justifies Marv's grab of him in the first round last year and shakes off the injury bug then we have a good pass rusher and run stuffer. You get pressure up front and shut down the run then so what if your dbs are weak the qb won't have enough time to exploit them.