PDA

View Full Version : Angelo Crowell

more cowbell
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
This guy has been playing very solid for us the past two seasons. He has the size and speed suited to play in the cover 2...and this will be his second year in the system. I expect a huge year from him.

Once again im not saying the DEFENSE A WHOLE will be great. In fact i think thats part of the reason Crowell will have a big year, because he is pretty much now the defensive leader.

I was talking to a friend of mine last night who is a huge Buccaneers fan (not a bandwagoner trust me) and he said Crowell is going to be the next Derrick Brooks because he plays very similar, and is in a similar situation that Brooks was in when he was young in this league. After Tampa Bay's starting middle linebacker Hardy Nickerson was gone it was Brook's time to step up and be an impact player, and thats exactly what he did

Sound similar to Crowell?

Just a prediction but wouldn't that be nice

Bat09Freak
06-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Well i dont know if hes gonna be the next derrick brooks but i think he'll be pretty good this year. I liked this article posted about him a day or two ago.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=128640

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
He's got skills and a nose to be around the ball.

Anytime you come off a broken leg though, health always has to be concern.

Dantheman1280
06-14-2007, 08:47 PM

you usually have good reason's to back up whatever you say, but can you ever say something positive, without following with a negative? Be a homer for a day, It feels good!!

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 08:54 PM
you usually have good reason's to back up whatever you say, but can you ever say something positive, without following with a negative? Be a homer for a day, It feels good!!
Guarded optimism. This decade has made me that way.

Ok though.. Crowell is a talented linebacker

streetkings01
06-14-2007, 08:58 PM

Anytime you come off a broken leg though, health always has to be concern.He's been fully recovered from that crack in his leg since January!

"I'm healthy, they just passed me," Crowell told buffalobills.com moments after meeting with team physicians for his end of season physical. "They said if there was a game this weekend that I could've played depending on my comfort level."
Crowell said Buffalo's medical staff declared the injury "90 to 95 percent healed."

"They said I could do anything as long as there is no discomfort," Crowell said. "So I can start my cardio. It's nice to be pain free."
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4560

OpIv37
06-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Crowell will be fine if he can stay on the field, but he's had two consecutive years of injuries.

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
He's been fully recovered from that crack in his leg since January!

"I'm healthy, they just passed me," Crowell told buffalobills.com moments after meeting with team physicians for his end of season physical. "They said if there was a game this weekend that I could've played depending on my comfort level."
Crowell said Buffalo's medical staff declared the injury "90 to 95 percent healed."

"They said I could do anything as long as there is no discomfort," Crowell said. "So I can start my cardio. It's nice to be pain free."
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4560
I never said he wasnt fully healed.. I said once a player misses time like that health will always be a concern.. Wasnt he injured once before that too?

And your preaching to the choir anyway. I think Crowell is poised to have a breakout season. I just worry about any guy who's broken his leg.

John Doe
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I never said he wasnt fully healed.. I said once a player misses time like that health will always be a concern.. Wasnt he injured once before that too?

And your preaching to the choir anyway. I think Crowell is poised to have a breakout season. I just worry about any guy who's broken his leg.

Almost every player gets hurt sometime in their career. Usually, an injury like Crowell had heals as good as new. Some players have even played on broken bones.

Crowell missed 1 game in 2005 - his first year of extensive playing time on defense - before his injury in 2006. I would not call that cause for concern.

Goobylal
06-14-2007, 10:31 PM
A simple broken bone is almost always no big deal. Crowell is no more of an injury concern than any other player.

Tatonka
06-14-2007, 10:39 PM
i think he is a good linebacker.. that being said.. there are very few.. if any.. strong side linebackers that put up good stats.. especially in the cover 2.. the weak side linebacker is the one that ends up with the "big plays" normally. and the guy in the middle ends up with the tackle numbers.

PromoTheRobot
06-14-2007, 11:00 PM

But trade a guy who had a ruptured achilles and you are a bad GM?

PTR

Mitchy moo
06-14-2007, 11:02 PM
JP broke his leg, he looks good now. AC is gonna rock.

patmoran2006
06-14-2007, 11:19 PM
But trade a guy who had a ruptured achilles and you are a bad GM?

PTR
When your "depth" consists of John DiGorgio, Mario Haggan and Coy Wire and you have a ton of cap room, then dump off a starter for a 6th round draft pick next year.

yes.

bigpete71
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Whats up fellas'
First off this is my first post here. Although, I have been a ghost for some time just kinda listening to what you all have to say.

Not to get off topic too much, but all this concern over Crows leg might be a tad bit weak?

Im not overly concern with Crow as I am with Poz. You all have heared about the strained hammy, at least thats what they have relased for our consumption (hopefully nothing more than that). Im sure you all fully understand that it really hasnt had much time to heal for him this offseason.

He has to be huge for this D to be sucessfull. From what Ive heared *not witnessed. HE IS THE REAL DEAL! God please let the leg hold up this year.

GO BILLS!

FlyingDutchman
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
When your "depth" consists of John DiGorgio, Mario Haggan and Coy Wire and you have a ton of cap room, then dump off a starter for a 6th round draft pick next year.

yes.
what positions on the team ARE you satisfied with the depth we have? I cant really think of one position where we have some big name players or "quality depth". So we have young, unproven guys. We are aware of it and can only have faith that these guys will continue to improve as players and in the system. Every good player has to start somewhere.

And you cant see the Darwin Walker hold out thing comin. ITs not like we had the intention of getting rid of Spikes for a 6th rounder. We were going for a DT in which we badly needed.

bigpete71
06-15-2007, 12:02 AM

yes.

Pat my man, the philosophy is: young boy step up; no more wipping your ass.

Man up and play ball!

These linebackers are not the weakness, not all backups are gamebreakers but they all can contribute. This year.

There is truely but one green player in the corp. Mind you he is a major factor.

Night Train
06-15-2007, 06:05 AM
I think he's a good player but the concerns about his durability is valid.

Hoping we ID someone credible to back him up, just in case. I'm not nearly as concerned with the LB's depth as I am with the DL, especially at the Tackle spots.